Author Topic: Are People Really "Born Gay"?  (Read 15674 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Are People Really "Born Gay"?
« Reply #75 on: July 06, 2015, 06:05:17 AM »
Is death penalty really that big a concern to prolifers? Seriously i got the impression nobody here has a problem with it

That is a splitter.
Some think life sacred, so the State should not kill.
Some think life sacred, so the State should kill murderers.

Some think human life not sacred, but none like that in anti abortion.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: July 06, 2015, 12:13:25 PM »
Is death penalty really that big a concern to prolifers?

To be honest, its not about being pro-life, its being anti-abortion

Seriously i got the impression nobody here has a problem with it

Personally, it has to do with guilt vs innocence, Kimba.  The unborn child has done nothing to warrant a death sentence.  A person, who's motive is clear and DNA is all over the murder weapon has forfeited their right to life.  That said, I no longer support a death penalty on eye witness or circumstantial evidence alone.  There must be solid hard evidence that places the person at the crime scene, with both motive & means.
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: July 06, 2015, 12:36:10 PM »
All the people who get the death penalty in the US have one thing in common: they are poor. They depend on public defenders who are overworked and often incompetent.

The Boston Marathon bomber deserved the death penalty, as there was no question of his guilt.

Louisiana has a lot of poor Black people who are on death row because they have killed their children, and there is little proof of intent or guilt in some cases.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: July 06, 2015, 04:41:19 PM »
hmm
that's different. I normally heard from conservative when convicted to death row they are 100 % guilty no matter if it`s circumstantial or otherwise. the thinking leans toward their guilty of something and that's enough.

is this because recently thiers been proof some of the executed have been found innocent ? I think I only recall one time this happened but that was years ago so likely thiers been more dna testing of bodies by now

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: July 06, 2015, 05:09:02 PM »
The Innocence Project is a non-profit legal organization that is committed to exonerating wrongly convicted people through the use of DNA testing and to reforming the criminal justice system to prevent future injustice.[1] The Innocence Project was founded in 1992 by Barry Scheck and Peter Neufeld. To date, the work of the Innocence Project has led to the freeing of 329 wrongfully convicted people, including 18 who spent time on death row.[2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Innocence_Project

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: July 06, 2015, 05:22:12 PM »
  I like the innocence project.

Getting the real truth is worthwhile.

There are some who don't want any execution to ever happen, that is different.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: July 06, 2015, 07:37:27 PM »
hmm
that's different. I normally heard from conservative when convicted to death row they are 100 % guilty no matter if it`s circumstantial or otherwise. the thinking leans toward their guilty of something and that's enough.

I can only speak for myself Kimba.  It's never been that black & white for me.  Evidence needs to be pretty overwhelming for me to support the death penalty.  That saying, I do support it, in those instances.  I'd argue that's the case with most conservatives as well

is this because recently thiers been proof some of the executed have been found innocent ?

Examples please, and no that's not because, since I'm not aware of any mistakenly put to death.  Only hearsay

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: July 06, 2015, 09:37:43 PM »
I think it was the johnny garret case but not really sure it was a long time ago.

http://www.thelastworddocumentary.com

But now that i looked it up thier really is no investigation to find out depending on the case if the executed are in fact innocent. You would think with the fact that a percentage of deathrow inmate been exonerated with modern techniques nows.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: July 06, 2015, 10:12:10 PM »
In other words, there is no actual hard evidence of any innocent person being put to death.  Is that correct?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: July 06, 2015, 10:15:25 PM »
There was a guy in Texas who was accused of burning his family to death in a fire.
There was an hour long PBS documentary on how the evidence used to convict him was bogus and the "experts" were ignorant of any sort of scientific evidence of arson.

He was tried and executed.

And he was not the only one. 

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: July 06, 2015, 10:33:00 PM »
actually no

it was quite a stir but I can`t find the case . the internet can really be tough to find old stories. it happened in texas and the killer confessed afterwards. I somebody here said confessions don`t count or something.

so to address no hard evidence I say their is a resistance to find evidence if the executed has been innocent . I want to know if some inmates on deathrows  have been found innocent how is it different from  executed inmates.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: July 06, 2015, 11:10:28 PM »
So again,  just hearsay

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: July 06, 2015, 11:42:45 PM »
So again,  just hearsay

Doesn't seem unlikely tho.

The standard of proof needs to be strict when the penalty is harsh.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: July 06, 2015, 11:48:43 PM »
My point exactly.....which is why I only favor the death penalty when the evidence is overwhelming.  Like, with OJ

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: July 06, 2015, 11:50:50 PM »
ok

I can`t find it and concede to the hearsay charge. but I also can`t find any post investigation of executed inmates. you at least would agree the release of deathrow inmates should cast some doubts (depending on the case of course) to find out.

standard of proof didn`t seem to stopped people from getting to deathrow.