Author Topic: I always thought conservative liked calling women sluts  (Read 4053 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: I always thought conservative liked calling women sluts
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2012, 01:24:37 PM »
Isn't that what we're all doing?  Perhaps we should all just shut up and wait for SCOTUS to rule.
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2012, 01:48:19 PM »
I certainly don't see where Fluke is anything but a footnote in the issue. I certainly don't think her composite testimony makes her a slut, nor do i think based on the information at hand taxpayer money is in play.

Fluke was a ringer. Now let's get back to the issue of whether the first amendment trumps provisions in ObamaCare.

Once again, i believe it does.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2012, 01:56:38 PM »
The individual is the one whose rights should be respected. The individual is being discriminated against by denying contraceptives for herself to her because of whom she works for.

The right to deny others something is not an individual right.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2012, 02:04:41 PM »
Fluke does not work for the Georgetown University. She has the same policy that every other student at Georgetown has. There is no discrimination.

And she certainly is smart enough to figure out how to get contraceptives on her own if she is smart enough for acceptance at Georgetown. There is no denial of contraceptives, she can get them if she wishes.

Fluke is not the issue. The conflict between religious rights and governmental overreach is the issue.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2012, 02:56:48 AM »
Fluke is not the issue. The conflict between religious rights and governmental overreach is the issue.

Ane yet, the op-ed I provided that echoed that same conclusion with "the real context of the debate on Obama’s mandate for religious institutions to include contraceptive coverage in their healthcare plans.", was deemed "more gum flapping". 

Hmmm, so it isn't when you say it, but is, when anyone else does??  Is that how it works?    :o

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2012, 03:05:46 AM »
  So my second admendment rights are being infringed every day that my employer is not buying ammunition for me to shoot?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2012, 04:58:48 AM »
I don't think the first protects copulation without consequences. Not sure if the second protects ammunition either.

Rush apologized to the activist of the day for a poorly worded analogy.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2012, 10:25:14 AM »
thats a surprise to me,since it`s true he didn`t get much support from his party. he also didn`t get much flake from them also. he did lose money from it though and that might of been the factor.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2012, 02:15:53 PM »
Next thing we know, will some Orthodox group claim that no US White House or Embassy banquet can serve lobster, clams or oysters? Or turning on the lights on the Sabbath?

In Israel, the Ultra-Orthodox will break the windshield of people driving through their neighborhoods.

Hell, the Christian Scientists can claim discrimination for government-supplied Anacin in VA hospitals requested by Christian Scientist vets with a headache.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2012, 02:26:08 PM »
What the frell??  Who'd be making who do what??

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2012, 12:03:23 AM »
Next thing we know, will some Orthodox group claim that no US White House or Embassy banquet can serve lobster, clams or oysters? Or turning on the lights on the Sabbath?

In Israel, the Ultra-Orthodox will break the windshield of people driving through their neighborhoods.

Hell, the Christian Scientists can claim discrimination for government-supplied Anacin in VA hospitals requested by Christian Scientist vets with a headache.

This is a very large leap.
How do you make the connection?

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2012, 01:05:37 AM »
Still not seeing it.  The 1st amendment is quite clear, with the foundation of that amendment, that of freedom.  If one is being MADE to do/provide something, counter to their belief system, that's not going to fly with me, even if its in religion's favor

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2012, 10:07:53 AM »
"I am astonished at the desperation of the elite media to avoid rising gas prices, to avoid the president's apology to religious fanatics in Afghanistan, to avoid a trillion-dollar deficit, to avoid the longest period of unemployment since the Great Depression, and to suddenly decide that Rush Limbaugh is the great national crisis of the week" ~ Newt Gingrich
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2012, 05:44:20 PM »
Jews, at least nearly all of them, do not try to impose their religious dogma on others, because they realize that it would be dangerous and probably stupid to do so.

Roman Catholics would like to impose the official Church dogma on all of us. They fought tooth and nail to keep condoms banned in Connecticut not all that long ago, and now they want to prevent as many women as possible, regardless of their religion, from using birth control.