Author Topic: Republican plot to prevent Democrats from voting  (Read 3680 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Republican plot to prevent Democrats from voting
« on: May 20, 2016, 08:52:50 AM »
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2014/10/al_jazeera_america_s_reveals_massive_gop_voter_suppression_effort_millions.html

The poorer a voter is, the more likely he is a renter, and will vote for Democrats.
The more likely he is a renter, the more likely he will change his address often.
Poor people cannot take time off to register their changes of address.

All this is well known. Voter impersonation and double voting is NOT a serious problem.

In 2008, Gov. Scott deliberately limited early voting, and I had to wait FIVE HOURS to vote in North Miami.
A lot of people had to get back to work or lose money or perhaps even their jobs.

Rick Scott is am evil sumbitch. But a typical Republican't,
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 09:01:43 AM by Xavier_Onassis »
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Republican plot to prevent Democrats from voting
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 10:33:08 AM »
My mother couldn't have been any poorer, trying to raise 3 children on her own.  Somehow she managed to vote every fricken election cycle.  And nearly always it was for the republican

There is no plot.  There's merely the need for voting as one person, one time, and with elections as important as they are, and absolute necessity that the person voting is the person they say they are.
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2016, 01:15:54 PM »
Your mother was atypical.

The Republican plan is to use statistical data to reduce the number of Democratic votes. They have publically announced this as their intent. Roger Ailes has spoken of this many times. So has Grover Norquist.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 02:11:39 PM »
My mother blows away the nonsense of some subversive plot targeting Democrats.   Nice to know though how its apparent that Democrat policies are to keep as many people as poor as possible, for the largest number of apparent votes.

Not to mention how one can also claim is for Democrats to use whatever means, both legal & illegal to generate the most number of supposed votes for them....including trying to give felons the right to vote, and to maximize the amount of mentally disabled or even dead to vote.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 05:34:39 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2016, 03:07:07 PM »
Not felons, EX felons.
If they have paid their debt to society, why not let them vote?
Why should they be disqualified? \\

Your story about your mother blows. It is statistically meaningless. Anecdotes are immaterial to actual useful statistics.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2016, 03:16:32 PM »
Felons are felons are felons.  There is really no such thing as an "ex-felon".  There are felons who who are no longer in prison, but they've still committed a felony, that follows them for the rest of their life.  When you break the law, especially one of a felony level, you have certain rights you lose as a result of that action, including the right to a firearm...and a right to vote.  They should be disqualifed as a price of their actions.  Apparently you believe that they should have their right to a firearm restored...I mean they've "payed their debt to society", right?  ::)  The notion of Democrats trying to buy a felons' vote by promising to allow them the right to vote is precisely the point being made

Motor-votor is another well used and abused attempt at gaining more votes

What my mother demonstrates is that you can be poor, have to move frequently, and STILL be able to vote, with the appropriate ID
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 05:32:30 PM by sirs »

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2016, 06:20:53 PM »
Your mother is an exception statistically.

There is no reason to deny the vote to ex felons.

You call yourself a Christian and yet do not believe in repentance.

Jesus forgave Dimas. And he became Sam Dimas. Not just forgiven but a saint.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2016, 06:46:52 PM »
No, my mother is an exception to the premise.  She was poor, we had to move quite a bit.  She still managed to vote every election cycle, including President

Or are you going on record as proclaiming that Democrat voters are just too dumb and lazy to figure out how to obtain a photo ID and vote??

And there is every reason to deny a felon the right to vote.  It's called CONSEQUENCES.  You can forgive anyone you want.  I forgive you on a daily basis.  That doesn't mean they get the right to vote again....nor have their right to a firearm returned.  But hey, if you're advocating sainthood for Charles Manson.....that's your call

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2016, 07:30:31 PM »

Liddy in 2004

Presumably some felons are not poor and might vote for Republicans.

G. Gordon Liddy has also been heard to say that although he has lost most of his second amendment rights, his wife has not.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2016, 09:39:28 PM »
Statistically, poor people more often vote foe Democrats. Statistically, they have jobs which prevent them of taklng a day off to stand in line and re register for driver's licenses and voting. The data of who votes and who mkoves and such is well documented in databases in every state. Republicans do all they can to keep Democrats from voting. This is not even a secret.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2016, 11:42:07 PM »
  It is not even true.

Is Georgia richer than New York?

In New York Democrats get elected a lot more, the difference between the Democrats and Republicans is much more Rural vs Urban than rich vs poor.

Did you note that in the states where ID laws got stronger , Minority participation rose , but the Democrat vote shrank.

Do this math some other way if you can, but what it indicates to me is that the big cheats were mostly White Democrats.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2016, 12:34:37 AM »
Rural people have more difficulty getting registered because transportation is a problem.
New York is more Democratic because the people are better educated and there is less Bible-thumping.
There are various reasons why people vote one way or another. Poverty is one reason, but not the only reason.

What Roger Ailes has done is use statistics to diminish the voter turnout for people who vote for Democrats. It is planned, deliberate and intentional.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2016, 04:27:00 AM »
Sniffing more glue I see.  So, in other words, you are claiming that Democrat voters are that much more stupid and/or lazy, when it comes to elections.  wow

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2016, 08:57:06 AM »
Rural people have more difficulty getting registered because transportation is a problem.
New York is more Democratic because the people are better educated and there is less Bible-thumping.
There are various reasons why people vote one way or another. Poverty is one reason, but not the only reason.

What Roger Ailes has done is use statistics to diminish the voter turnout for people who vote for Democrats. It is planned, deliberate and intentional.

Rural people vote Republican mostly , this plan makes no sense if it is intended to skew twards Republicans.

If we want to talk about unfairness, why is it made so difficult for the military to register and vote?

I was voting from an out of state location in 2000 and there was enough SNAFU going on that I never got assurance that my vote was counted.

I am quite sure that Al Gore won his court case that got a ton of Florida absentee votes rejected because they were from FPO and APO and arrived too late.

Since it is supposed to be a statistical effect, why ignore the finding that in most of the states where IDs have been required , minority participation is UP.

If the real goal is minority enfranchisement the Democrats should be for it, but since it fouls up the Democrat double voting program, they will never be for it.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2016, 12:02:48 PM »
^There is no double voting program. If there were the statistics you quote would not exist.
Preventing Democrats from voting twice (assuming they do) would have to result in more Democrats voting.

I have never known anyone who voted twice. I have never known anyone who ever knew anyone who voted twice.
Again Roger Ailes did all the math on this, and the goal is to prevent Democrats from voting. If it did not work, they would not waste any more time insisting on it.