Author Topic: Oil depletion allowance  (Read 11972 times)

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Oil depletion allowance
« Reply #75 on: May 09, 2011, 01:52:08 PM »
sorry
my brain just couldn`t handle thinking about this subject yesterday.

it just seems wrong.

I see a problem with the leave country scenerio. that particular person would more likely afford the extra tax and doesn`t need to leave.
tax is not a ban but a government income source so the lady or gentleman can still get it. rising taxes may slow demand for abortions but most definately not deter it.

leaving the country for a lower price? I had no idea airfare was so cheap

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: May 09, 2011, 02:56:06 PM »
You can sure as hell save a ton of money on all sorts of dentistry by having it done in Mexico, lodging and airfare included. They have facelift safaris to the Republic of South Africa that cost a fraction of what the surgery alone would cost in the US. Thailand, Malaysia, Korea and Singapore also have a lot of Americans flying there for all sorts of medical procedures. In the US they can stick you for $1000 a day in the hospital, so airfare becomes a rather small part of the total expense.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: May 09, 2011, 03:05:00 PM »
all this talk about cost.

how does it cost?
I never had a impression it was cheap but I also don`t recall the cost being a deterent

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #78 on: May 09, 2011, 03:51:55 PM »
You can sure as hell save a ton of money on all sorts of dentistry by having it done in Mexico, lodging and airfare included. They have facelift safaris to the Republic of South Africa that cost a fraction of what the surgery alone would cost in the US. Thailand, Malaysia, Korea and Singapore also have a lot of Americans flying there for all sorts of medical procedures. In the US they can stick you for $1000 a day in the hospital, so airfare becomes a rather small part of the total expense.

Are overseas medical procedures covered by most insurance plans?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: May 09, 2011, 04:03:24 PM »
If you think that the state has an intrest in preventing murder , then thinking that the state has no intrest in preventing abortion is total abandonment of logic .

==================================
No, it isn't, because a fetus is not a person, therefore abortion ois not murder. A person has an absolute right to their own body.

You are not a person either , as far as I know , in this iteration of the Turing test, you must prove you are a person and thereby deserveing of the protection of law against premature ending of your life.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: May 09, 2011, 04:11:16 PM »
where can I take that test? I`ve often been accused of lacking humanity. i like how i fare on that test

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: May 09, 2011, 04:15:07 PM »
where can I take that test? I`ve often been accused of lacking humanity. i like how i fare on that test

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turing_test

You ARE taking it , you have been taking it , for years.

WE have no face to face contact, so when I guess whether you are or are not human I must rely on my impression of your words.

I am also takeing this test, do you think I could be imitated  or replaced by a machine?

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: May 09, 2011, 05:41:12 PM »
even face to face some people have doubts about me. i don`t exactly have much of a emotional range.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: May 09, 2011, 05:55:57 PM »
It is my belief that every person has an absolute right to control over their own body. Since only women can have children, this means that a woman has the right to decide whether or not to have a child. It may be is a moral issue, but it is not MY moral issue, it is not YOUR moral issue, it is surely not the GOVERNMENT'S moral issue. I suppose that a woman would necessarily have to make her decision with her doctor as well, as abortions and births are not something that one person can often do all by themselves.

I disagree that suicide of any sort should be made illegal by the government, either, and for the same reason. I fail to see why I should have to take any test to prove my humanity because I do not agree with you or your government or the Bible, God or Jeezus.

I see this as a logical existentialist conclusion, and I hardly think I am the only one who believes the way I do.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: May 09, 2011, 06:06:28 PM »
It is my belief that every person has an absolute right to control over their own body. Since only women can have children, this means that a woman has the right to decide whether or not to have a child. It may be is a moral issue, but it is not MY moral issue, it is not YOUR moral issue, it is surely not the GOVERNMENT'S moral issue. I suppose that a woman would necessarily have to make her decision with her doctor as well, as abortions and births are not something that one person can often do all by themselves.

I disagree that suicide of any sort should be made illegal by the government, either, and for the same reason. I fail to see why I should have to take any test to prove my humanity because I do not agree with you or your government or the Bible, God or Jeezus.

I see this as a logical existentialist conclusion, and I hardly think I am the only one who believes the way I do.

Morals aside, i see no reason why the elective surgery can not be taxed ... heavily.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: May 09, 2011, 06:10:18 PM »
Medicine should not be done for a profit. I see it as immoral to cure people for a profit.

Whatever your opinion about this, I seriously doubt that abortions will be taxed, and not punitively so.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: May 09, 2011, 06:12:02 PM »
Medicine is done for profit. That is why obamacare is such an abomination.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: May 09, 2011, 06:28:41 PM »
suicides are strange ,adults have huge natural self-preservation systems in their heads so you know it`s super hard to get somebody to end it. that`s why most programs center on kids since they haven`t developed theirs yet. it`s does explain why churches use fear and guilt to stop them. no kid gloves in religion. I`ve seen priest telling super depressed people their going to hell for it.
it made her massively more depressed but she stopped.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: May 09, 2011, 07:21:52 PM »
It is my belief that every person has an absolute right to control over their own body. Since only women can have children, this means that a woman has the right to decide whether or not to have a child.

Let me presume something that might not be true.

I presume that you are not a rifleman that you have no ability to kill a person with a rifle at more than 1000 yards.

Really only a few people have this ability , so laws that make this sort of killing illeagal for these few are basicly unfair, forbidding the able as well as the unable from being bell tower snipers is just wrong .

Just as only women should be allowed to kill their own children in the woumb, only real rifelmen can kill at a distance and trying to prevent them from doing so on the theroy that the killed are in some respect " persons" is equally silly.

Have you ever noticed how small people are outside of 1000 yards? Really tiny, really tiny, easy to see that nothing that small is a human being.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: May 09, 2011, 08:20:16 PM »
The target of the rifleman is not a part of the rifleman's body. Your example is simply bogus.