Author Topic: Honest conservatives  (Read 8348 times)

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Honest conservatives
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2007, 09:46:32 AM »
See Js?  This dren gets a pass, and you want to criticise me??  You care to provide even 1 example of some analogus bile coming from the likes of those on the right hand side of the ideological isle??

Huh? What did I do?

I admit that I speak from a sense of moral superiority at times (even if pretentious ;) ).
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

_JS

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2007, 09:53:07 AM »
You being a Southerner are a lot more likely to have supported slavery than I and to believe the world is flat because you consume the common orthodoxy with relish.

I was born in Pennsylvania. That makes me a Yankee.

Next!

Anyone that choses to live in that hellhole is a Southerner unless they have to live there. Do you?

First of all, Bt - I'm shocked! A carpetbagger. Then again I was born in a different country so I guess that's fair.

I don't know why you'd think the South is a "hellhole." Some of the most beautiful places in the country are in the Southeastern United States. You'll also find many of the friendliest people in the South. Honestly, the Civil War was a long time ago and the vast majority of people have long since forgiven and moved on. There are racist morons everywhere, it is unfortunate, but they are a very small minority.

You should really come down and enjoy the food, people, and culture before making such statements. You won't find better food, or a better atmosphere than on a Saturday in the Fall!
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster

Mucho

« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2007, 10:48:04 AM »
You being a Southerner are a lot more likely to have supported slavery than I and to believe the world is flat because you consume the common orthodoxy with relish.

Next!

Anyone that choses to live in that hellhole is a Southerner unless they have to live there. Do you?

First of all, Bt - I'm shocked! A carpetbagger. Then again I was born in a different country so I guess that's fair.

I don't know why you'd think the South is a "hellhole." Some of the most beautiful places in the country are in the Southeastern United States. You'll also find many of the friendliest people in the South. Honestly, the Civil War was a long time ago and the vast majority of people have long since forgiven and moved on. There are racist morons everywhere, it is unfortunate, but they are a very small minority.

You should really come down and enjoy the food, people, and culture before making such statements. You won't find better food, or a better atmosphere than on a Saturday in the Fall!

I have been to the South and I loved New Orleans before Katrina and the Bushidiot fucked it all up. I know NO isnt really the South, but I have also been to Atlanta several times and absolutely hated it. The food was awful and had some weird BBQ sauce on nearly everything including pizza.The people were not the least friendly when I went to Kentucky had I not been white would have surely spit some of their chawin tabacca on me. The countryside was quaint . but the houses appeared mostly to be trailers even when they weren't. The atmosphere reeked with death & hatred . Not for me , J.
 I am sure BT and the Ga crackers will be pleased to hear that.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2007, 10:52:04 AM »
See Js?  This dren gets a pass, and you want to criticise me??  You care to provide even 1 example of some analogus bile coming from the likes of those on the right hand side of the ideological isle??

Huh? What did I do?  I admit that I speak from a sense of moral superiority at times (even if pretentious ;) ).

So, you criticize my comment about Tee's obvious self inflated moral superiority he seems to have over anyone on the right, but joke about how you do it "pretentiously", and again, knute's garbage gets a pass, after you reference how he and Lanya are supposedly picked on     :-\
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2007, 11:18:22 AM »

Next!

I have been to the South and I loved New Orleans before Katrina and the Bushidiot fucked it all up. I know NO isnt really the South, but I have also been to Atlanta several times and absolutely hated it. The food was awful and had some weird BBQ sauce on nearly everything including pizza.The people were not the least friendly when I went to Kentucky had I not been white would have surely spit some of their chawin tabacca on me. The countryside was quaint . but the houses appeared mostly to be trailers even when they weren't. The atmosphere reeked with death & hatred . Not for me , J.

Did this thread begin with  comments about the intelligence of conservatives ?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2007, 11:23:20 AM »
Class of 2004: People who in 2004 said, "I've been a Bush supporter. I'm a Republican and a conservative, but I've had enough: I'm voting for Kerry."

There are sixteen people in this class.

I might be in a class of my own , my support of Bush was tepid at first , I thought his history as Govenor of Texas  showed far too much middlefinding and accomadation to Democrats.

But after 2001 I had a better impression of him as a man with some spine.

He is still too eager to compromise with the left , but the left has seldom opened any honest dialog with him or atempted to reach the half way point where Bush couold work with them , so his conservative performance is somewhat better than is natural to him.

_JS

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2007, 12:41:29 PM »
So, you criticize my comment about Tee's obvious self inflated moral superiority he seems to have over anyone on the right, but joke about how you do it "pretentiously", and again, knute's garbage gets a pass, after you reference how he and Lanya are supposedly picked on     :-\

Why are you so defensive?

I wasn't criticizing you, I was asking honest questions. Don't we all use positions of moral superiority at times when debating? To which you answered that you never do. I'm being honest and saying that I do. When I discuss abortion or capital punishment, I believe my argument is one of moral superiority over those who favor killing infants and prisoners. I'm not going to lie about it.

And how do you suppose that knute gets a pass?
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2007, 12:45:34 PM »

I wasn't criticizing you, I was asking honest questions. Don't we all use positions of moral superiority at times when debating? To which you answered that you never do. I'm being honest and saying that I do. When I discuss abortion or capital punishment, I believe my argument is one of moral superiority over those who favor killing infants and prisoners. I'm not going to lie about it.

Someone has to mark the low tide line.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2007, 12:56:41 PM »
Thank you, Plane     ;)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Mucho

« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2007, 01:11:47 PM »

Someone has to mark the low tide line.

I will take that as a compliment from someone who chooses to be a bottom dweller. You could do so much better. Sad.

Mucho

« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2007, 01:17:12 PM »

Next!

No, it was about honesty so thanx for being dishonest and proving it.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2007, 02:46:33 AM »

Next!

No, it was about honesty so thanx for being dishonest and proving it.

/
Of the three features—personal honesty, sincere support of the regime and intelligence—it was possible to combine only two, never all three.

No one ever said that honesty or intelligence was required for a liberal.

Mucho

« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2007, 02:48:47 PM »
>>No one ever said that honesty or intelligence was required for a liberal.<<

Not required , but infinitely more common than among Repubs who support & follow morons for Pres.
Thanx again.