Author Topic: Please vote!  (Read 1117 times)

The_Professor

Please vote!
« on: November 07, 2006, 10:15:39 AM »
The election will probably be closer than anyone thought. The issues will be immigration and security. This election will be key; and will probably cause the Republicans to completely reorganize their structure, win or lose (not a bad thing at all!). The message is clear: the American people are concerned, and mad as hell at their leaders; but afraid of the opposition. This is a key election.

It is also the Republican Party's last chance in quite some time to reform itself.

I don't think the Republicans deserve to rule, but I am afraid of the Democrats in several ways; and I hope that this election will have frightened the incumbent big spenders. With luck, too, big spender Republicans may lose to conservative Democrats (there are a few) and that will be a good lesson as well.

www.jerrypournelle.com.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 12:48:10 PM by The_Professor »

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Please vote!
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 12:07:25 PM »
I wholeheartedly agree.

My reasons are different for wanting to vote and wanting to know that my vote is real.  For as much as I disdain what the Republicans have done to this country in the last 6 years, I have even more for the Democrats that gave them the power to do it.

I voted for real change this morning.  I voted for Chris Lugo.  I didn't vote against any other candidate.  I voted for what I wanted not against what I didn't want.

I hope that someday I will vote that way in the majority but I can wait.

Please go out and vote because the more that people vote the harder it is for bastards to steal elections whether it is a D or an R doing the stealing.  And if you are polled as you exit, please be truthful.  If you are asked to be involved in an exit poll please participate.  This is the closest thing to verification that we have.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Please vote!
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 06:02:04 PM »
I voted a split ticket .

I feel it is time to reward the outside the box Libertarians , if for no other reason to liberate the two major partys from their formulaic thinking.

So I voted for two of their canadates even though they have almost no money spent on advertiseing.

I hate the idea that my vote is a matter of how slick the ads are ,and how many of them I see.