Author Topic: Tennessee  (Read 4759 times)

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Tennessee
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2016, 12:15:33 PM »
Service animals have many different uses these days, not just as guide dogs. Some can sense when a diabetics blood sugar is too low, or if a seizure prone person may be about to have a seizure. Companion pets are used to calm anxiety - one of the more well-known uses is for veterans with PTSD. It is difficult to tell just by looking if a pet is a service animal.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2016, 01:46:08 PM »
The problem I have is I wish they were trained to not bark or run around . Don't understand why some come in pairs or groups. I almost think thier fakes.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2016, 03:00:14 PM »
Kimba there are a bunch of fake ass handi-cap people here in Dallas...many with those handi-cap parking placards hanging from their rear-view mirror. They park right up by the door.

we need more of this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1yV--wovhk
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2016, 03:39:10 PM »
Bully meets asshole over nonsensical non-problem.

Bully puts on he catchme-f*ckme hat so the world can see he is a professional bully. Reminded me of a PE teacher at my HS, who got canned because the team lost almost every game he coached.

There were plenty of parking spaces for everyone.

I didn't like seeing that bully do his thing. I think I would have just stood there and looked at him. Let him punch me so I could sue his ass off. I detest bullys. But I would never park in a disabled spot.

I try to park in the shade or where there is only a place for another car on one side.

I don't mind walking half a block to a store.

When a place like a lumberyard or a DIY plumbing supply place has 15  handicap spots, it makes me wonder.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 03:47:06 PM by Xavier_Onassis »
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2016, 05:34:46 PM »
............. I am a private owner.............
Posted by: hnumpah
« on: April 29, 2016, 11:35:22 PM »
I'm not out to play wild hypotheticals.

But...

Why does this get a pass?

Is this permanent that private ownership allows a person some control of his product?

If a person is the proprietor of a small business, and he is asked to produce something that makes him a participant in something he considers odious, aren't his rights being trampled?

As far as I know the KKK has had little trouble getting tailors for their uniforms , carpenters for their crosses etc. but they didn't need the law on their side to get these products made.

These LGBT folk are not handicapped by bakers refusing them in any way other than hypothetically, but their demand is not for cake itself , it is a demand for respect.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2016, 05:43:09 PM »
One of the thing that does become quite irksome is the erroneous notion & pronouncements that such Christian business folk are "pushing their religion" on some customer, when they're doing no such thing.  No one is requring you get baptized before your cake is baked.  No one is demanding you to read scripture before getting your flowers.  No one is requiring you to pray before you're handed your chicken nuggets.  There are a gazillion other businesses that would gladly take your business, if you feel uncomfortable that someone doesn't share or embrace your "lifestyle choices"

But no, this is just the opposite....using Government to force people of faith, to act against their 1st amendment rights to religious freedom.  Yes, in theory, they could post a disclaimer, for all the good that would do....which IMHO, would do squat.   
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2016, 06:46:04 PM »
i liked it mentioned museums guards,but it`s so blatant now I think most us of us naturally suspect them. 

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/news/fake-service-dog-registration-becomes-a-crime-in-florida-070715.html

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2016, 05:41:50 AM »
I have never run across anyone misrepresenting a service dog. I can't recall seeing a service dog in a restaurant, either. If this is a problem, it cannot be a very big one.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2016, 12:04:06 PM »
In my job it's quite blatant . i never seen it happen in a restaurant also but I hear happens on planes also

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2016, 06:37:40 PM »
I have never seen a dog on a plane.
I did see a woman with a Yorkie in a handbag at the airport once.

I doubt that there are service Yorkies.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2016, 09:46:59 PM »
Ive seen alot of service lap dogs. Give it time you will seen them on planes. I think I hear at leeat 2 incidents on planes

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2016, 10:42:11 AM »
The abuse I have seen the most of is people claiming to be cripples so they get seated on in wheelchairs planes first and get first crack at the overhead luggage storage.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2016, 01:40:32 PM »
Thats so low i never even think it's being done

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2016, 11:18:59 PM »
There are always at least a couple of easily identified fake cripples on every flight between MIA and SDQ.

The come in carrying a lot of suitcases and then ask for wheelchairs.