Author Topic: Immigration and our Founders  (Read 7487 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Immigration and our Founders
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2010, 06:48:53 PM »
God, how dare I support my being an American, and pray to God everyone else who wants to be one could be.  Just call me Darth Sirs
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2010, 07:01:36 PM »
Whatever helps you justify your hypocrisy.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2010, 07:43:05 PM »
1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.
3. deceitful

Nope....doesn't fit.  Care to try for the consolation prize?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2010, 08:05:40 PM »
Doesn't fit?

Whatever helps you justify your self-delusion.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2010, 08:06:33 PM »
well
it pretty much depend on what you mean american.

a person who is legally a citizen here or something deeper?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2010, 08:15:38 PM »
it pretty much depend on what you mean american.

a person who is legally a citizen here or something deeper?

Yes, terms do need definitions.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2010, 08:24:29 PM »
Doesn't fit?  Whatever helps you justify your self-delusion.

Having fun with this deflective game of yours.  You're a smart fella.  You probably realize this consistent trend of making accusations, minus any of the valid support, to back them up.  Support of Government Control (outside of the bare minimum mandate of Government in protecting itself and its citizens), but no other demonstration of this support.  Lying, but no demonstration of this lying.  Hypocrisy, but no demonstration of this hypocrisy

A consistent trend of just your say so, and when challenged to provide some back up, or to answer some direct questions, we get the "why should I?" tact

You're better than that Prince.  I know you are

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2010, 10:33:28 PM »
The article conflates citizenship with immigration.

Citizenship and residency are not the same thing. The words are not synonyms. They are not interchangeable. Immigration and becoming a citizen are two different things. Conflating two is stupid.

Not so.

An undesireable Immagrant would be just as undesireable permanantly as he would temporaily.

What sort of person would be a good canadate for citizen but a poor canadate for visitor?

These issues are naturally conflated because there is a lot of overlap , how many overstayed visas are there?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2010, 10:34:48 PM »
With his thick Austrian accent, California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger quipped in his commencement address at Emory University this past week: "I was also going to give a graduation speech in Arizona this weekend. But with my accent, I was afraid they would try to deport me."

Certainly , but would that be racist in some manner?

Do we harbor very many rabid anti Austrian racists?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2010, 10:39:51 PM »
Citizenship and residency are not the same thing. The words are not synonyms. They are not interchangeable.

not the same true but thiers been abit more than one case when american borns has been deported.
remember american citizen don`t carry proof of citizenship,that state ID doesn`t always work.

I think that the burden of proof remains with the Government.

There are deaf or mute citizens , even citizens who are autistic , who would not be competant to understand the situation and produce proof for themselves .

Prior to deportation the government would need to understand who the person was somehow.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2010, 10:42:18 PM »
Whatever helps you justify government control.

I have seen Libertarians explain that there is adiffrence between Anarchy and Libertarianism.

Isn't there a proper amount of government controll?

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2010, 12:19:57 AM »

Not so.

An undesireable Immagrant would be just as undesireable permanantly as he would temporaily.

What sort of person would be a good canadate for citizen but a poor canadate for visitor?

These issues are naturally conflated because there is a lot of overlap , how many overstayed visas are there?

None of that means citizenship and residency are the same thing.

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2010, 12:20:58 AM »

You probably realize this consistent trend of making accusations, minus any of the valid support, to back them up.

It's no worse than your lies.

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2010, 12:28:09 AM »

I have seen Libertarians explain that there is adiffrence between Anarchy and Libertarianism.

Isn't there a proper amount of government controll?

Some libertarians will argue a difference between anarchy and libertarianism, some won't. Is there a proper amount of government control? Yes, as little as possible.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2010, 12:59:31 AM »
You probably realize this consistent trend of making accusations, minus any of the valid support, to back them up.

It's no worse than your lies.

*sigh*........Keep digging