Author Topic: Bushmaster  (Read 16990 times)

BSB

Re: Bushmaster
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2012, 12:40:04 AM »
Look, I'm not talking about any law banning any other weapon. I'm talking about THIS weapon. Do you have any idea what I could do with just 5 other well trained ex soldiers, who know how to tap their dark side, all armed with a semi-auto Bushmaster? I could kill everybody in a restaurant that sits over one hundred people before the police were even notified. YOU WAKE UP, this is an extraordinarily dangerous firearm, trust me, I know.

BSB

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2012, 12:50:16 AM »
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/07/robert-farago/norwegian-spree-killer-anders-behring-breivik-used-ruger-mini-14/

This writer , not impressed with Anders Breivik choice of wepon , not just a murderer , also a poser.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Norway_attacks

Lots of detail, including two copycat attacks.

I learn in this article that I thought wrong about his buying wepons in Eastern Europe,  he went to Prauge and was disapointed. Although Norway has tougher laws and Prague has more black market he couldn't make the connection there.

He requested to attend his trial in a uniform of his own design, perhaps he really is a poser, and a murder or seventy are just part of the posing.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2012, 12:52:23 AM »
Look, I'm not talking about any law banning any other weapon. I'm talking about THIS weapon. Do you have any idea what I could do with just 5 other well trained ex soldiers, who know how to tap their dark side, all armed with a semi-auto Bushmaster? I could kill everybody in a restaurant that sits over one hundred people before the police were even notified.

Thanks for helping reinforce the idea that the best deterrent is someone(s) already armed at the restaurant, that could put a severe crimp in your dark side soldiering, vs waiting for the police to show up while the murderers gun down all the defenseless folk

Oh, I'm pretty sure they could also lay waste to everyone at a McDonalds, loaded for bear with lever action Henrys.  Because of course the issue is "what you can do"     ::)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2012, 12:56:52 AM »
Look, I'm not talking about any law banning any other weapon. I'm talking about THIS weapon. Do you have any idea what I could do with just 5 other well trained ex soldiers, who know how to tap their dark side, all armed with a semi-auto Bushmaster? I could kill everybody in a restaurant that sits over one hundred people before the police were even notified. YOU WAKE UP, this is an extraordinarily dangerous firearm, trust me, I know.

BSB

If you have better than the ordinary Army training I don't doubt that you can be very deadly with this .

If you and your friends were intent on causing harm you could be very deadly with a lot less.

If you found contacts in the black market I don't doubt that you could obtain much more.

How banned should you be?

And would you indeed seek a venue for violence where you were likely to be unopposed for at least a while?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2012, 01:03:02 AM »
Look, I'm not talking about any law banning any other weapon. I'm talking about THIS weapon. Do you have any idea what I could do with just 5 other well trained ex soldiers, who know how to tap their dark side, all armed with a semi-auto Bushmaster? I could kill everybody in a restaurant that sits over one hundred people before the police were even notified.

Thanks for helping reinforce the idea that the best deterrent is someone(s) already armed at the restaurant, that could put a severe crimp in your dark side soldiering, vs waiting for the police to show up while the murderers gun down all the defenseless folk

Oh, I'm pretty sure they could also lay waste to everyone at a McDonalds, loaded for bear with lever action Henrys.  Because of course the issue is "what you can do"     ::)

To me it seems unlikely that we will be able to really come to a resolution in our little group , or in the wider society .
But this exploration does seem to point up the vunerability of people who are in crouds.

I think that is a truth, the "safety in numbers" idea can be reversed.

BSB

« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2012, 01:08:00 AM »
Blah, blah, laws, blah, posers, blah, blah, mini 14, blah blah, Norway.

We are talking about one thing. The Bushmaster/CAR/M16 style weapon and what it can do. I say, ban it.

BSB

p.s. I just saw your last post, Plane. Yes you can get more on the black marget. My point is, you don't need anymore. This, the Bushmaster, will do just fine. That's the problem.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2012, 01:17:56 AM »
Good thing you're not oppressor-n-chief.  After the next tragedy it'll be emotional rants to ban just that weapon.  Then following the next tragedy, it'll be emotional rants to ban that weapon

Just man up and declare ban them all, except for those you chose can keep of course
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2012, 01:26:21 AM »
Blah, blah, laws, blah, posers, blah, blah, mini 14, blah blah, Norway.

We are talking about one thing. The Bushmaster/CAR/M16 style weapon and what it can do. I say, ban it.

BSB

p.s. I just saw your last post, Plane. Yes you can get more on the black marget. My point is, you don't need anymore. This, the Bushmaster, will do just fine. That's the problem.

Ok if you want a narrow focus , that can be a good thing.

So if you were writing the law , what features of the bushmaster would need to be banned ?
Color?Size ? Shape ? Caliber? Magazine type and capacity?Flashider? Semi Auto action?

If it is banned , and all that have the pertanant features you choose are also banned , what result do you expect?

BSB

« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2012, 01:38:50 AM »
The name of the thread is BUSHMASTER. Of course I'm focusing on that weapon. Further, it was the murder weapon in Conn. Ban the use of the M16 style receiver and bolt group on civilian firearms, not the features. I already went over how asinine laws that go after things like bayonet lugs are.

BSB
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 02:07:46 AM by BSB »

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2012, 02:16:35 AM »
All of the AR-15 type wepon?

Could a manufacturer get around this ban with a cosmetic change , or is your idea to ban the gas cylinder or perhaps the bolt ?

BSB

« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2012, 02:21:14 AM »
So, you're just a smart ass like sirs huh plane. I said the receiver and bolt group.

BSB

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2012, 03:13:56 AM »
So it can look just as military as the assault version, just more design changes...........which does what exactly, as it relates to preventing such future crimes at the hands of a mindless murderer?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2012, 06:50:50 AM »
So, you're just a smart ass like sirs huh plane. I said the receiver and bolt group.

BSB

Of course I am , what should I pretend?

The Assault wepons ban that arose from the Clinton administration failed , and this is one of the reasons .

The enforcement had to be capricious , because what exactly had been forbidden was so vague , confused and wrong.

It was not written with solving any particular problem in mind , just written to show that something was being done.

I don't think that a class of wepons can easily be described for ban , except by caricteristics of capability.

Of course once you have banned these , you only garuntee that the next massacre will be with a black market gun or with something elese, nothing that will keep another massaqcer from happening.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2012, 01:52:40 PM »
4,200 Coloradans Buy Guns
Day After Sandy Hook

by William Bigelow

18 Dec 2012 36

Unlike what leftists believe, when a tragedy like the Newtown massacre occurs, Americans don't want to ban guns, they want to buy guns. In Colorado on Saturday, one day after the shootings in Connecticut, there were so many gun-purchase background check requests that it set a one-day record.

Colorado thought the previous record of 4,028 background checks set on Black Friday after Thanksgiving this year would stand for a while, but it was broken by the 4,200 requests on Saturday.

Richard Taylor, owner of the combination gun store and indoor firing range L & M Firing Line, said "This is the busiest we've ever been. As soon as they announced that the President (Barack Obama) was going to start speaking and possibly mention gun control, yeah things just went crazy. And Saturday and Sunday, I've never seen anything like it."

One customer said, "All the mass shootings, everything we've seen on the news, people are more concerned with protecting their home, their families."

After the Aurora shootings earlier this year, where an AR-15 assault rifle was used, there is a feeling that the Obama Administration may ban AR-15 assault rifles.

Another Firing Line customer said, "There's so much controversy over (AR-15s) that they feel, well I need to get one because they may never be able to get one again."

Taylor noted the increased waiting time for background checks; he said that the Colorado Bureau of Investigation usually takes 15 minutes to process one, but in the aftermath of Connecticut, they are taking up to 23 hours. He added, "There are 2,134 people waiting for background checks right now. This is as high as I've ever seen it -- absolutely.  Prior to this we thought 1,100 (pending background checks) was really high."

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/12/18/4-200-Coloradans-Buy-Guns-Day-After-Sandy-Hook
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: December 19, 2012, 02:22:31 PM »
We’re supposed to shut-up and listen as liberals, barely masking their unseemly delight at the opportunity, try to pin the murder rampage of one degenerate creep on millions of law-abiding Americans who did nothing wrong. The conversation is then supposed to end with us waiving our fundamental right to self-defense.

Because that is what the goal is – a total ban on the private ownership of firearms. There’s always another “common sense” gun law which fails because it is targeted at law-abiding citizens and not criminals, thereby inviting another round of onerous new restrictions until finally no citizen is keeping or bearing anything more than a dull butter knife.

Well, almost no citizens. “Gun control” means all guns under the control of the government and available only to it and, of course, to politically connected cronies. Gun-grabbing poser Michael Bloomberg is going to be surrounded by enough fire power to remake the movie Heat. He’s always going to be protected. The purpose of gun control is to ensure that we aren’t.