Author Topic: I am so sick of this phony look  (Read 4761 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: I am so sick of this phony look
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2008, 01:38:00 PM »
the difference is Cheney and Bush are morons, dolts,

I don't think the Republican party has a monopoly on morons or dolts.  I'm starting to think that it's a prerequisite to elected office in general.

You realize, I was being sarcastic, right?     ;)    But you're right in that a low IQ may be a prequisate to a Federal position, especially, in congress

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2008, 01:47:44 PM »
<<Did I ever tell you the story where I jokingly asked someone if they were retarded, only to find out that they were?  Talk about wishing you were somewhere else.>>

I guess in retrospect, more painful for you than the other person, who might even get a good laugh at your discomfiture, retelling the story to friends later.

Similar to a skit in an old Terry-Thomas film, TT asks this guy is he crippled, and the guy hobbles and limps around the desk and says, "Yes, actually," and then ADDS to TT's mortification by explaining, "Old war injury."  The timing was impeccable.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2008, 02:19:33 PM »
What difference does that make?

Interest? Am I not allowed to be curious about famous people?
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2008, 02:39:27 PM »
"But...but.....BT, the difference is Cheney and Bush are morons, dolts,
and appropriate to be ridiculed & demeaned.  They are Republicans, aren't they?"

SIRS that was most certainly your A Game  ;)
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Rich

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2008, 03:32:23 PM »
>>Sooner or later this country must move beyond this.<<

I often wonder when this will be. Personally I don't see it happening anytime soon. In fact, I think we're headed toward a bloody end. Perhaps not in ten years, maybe not 50, but we are divided along lines that reach into the foundation of this country. Once we cross those lines completely we won't be able to go back. I'd say we're about 75 percent there.

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2008, 03:33:12 PM »
What we see coming from our rightwing friends is an attempt to imitate Rush in his traditional role of Head Hillary Hater.  It is not a pretty sight, nor even an amusing one.

What you are seeing is a mirroring of how you treat Bush and Cheney.  Sooner or later this country must move beyond this.

But...but.....BT, the difference is Cheney and Bush are morons, dolts, and appropriate to be ridiculed & demeaned.  They are Republicans, aren't they?

;)

The difference is that Chelsea is not a public office holder. It shows a real lack of class to make fun of her or the Bush twins in my opinion. Hillary, Bill, George, and Dick are office holders and should be expected to take some ridicule by the positions they hold.
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2008, 03:44:32 PM »
Why?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Rich

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2008, 03:49:37 PM »
Chelsea Clinton is 28 years old. She's out there peddling the Clinton bullshit just like her parents.

She's fair game.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2008, 08:29:46 PM »
The difference is that Chelsea is not a public office holder. It shows a real lack of class to make fun of her or the Bush twins in my opinion. Hillary, Bill, George, and Dick are office holders and should be expected to take some ridicule by the positions they hold.

The spirit of the attack is the same.

I have a theory that part of the reason for Obama's meteoric rise is simply the fact that if he is the nominee and the eventual winner then this nation will not be subjected to another 4 years of bitter partisan rancor. At the minimum we will have a 6 month to a year honeymoon. No way in hell that happens if Hillary ascends.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2008, 08:53:31 PM »
I don`t believe i ever made fun of kids of politicians
I hope I never will.

Rich

« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2008, 09:00:32 PM »
Remember something about the Bush twins ....

fatman

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2008, 12:07:19 AM »
You realize, I was being sarcastic, right?         But you're right in that a low IQ may be a prequisate to a Federal position, especially, in congress

yeah, I caught the sarcasm, I was just trying to make a point  8)

Interest? Am I not allowed to be curious about famous people?

Sure you can be interested.  I just didn't see any relevance whether or not Chelsea Clinton smokes.  Somehow you don't strike me as the kind of guy that is up on the happenings of Britney Spears or Paris Hilton, I was surprised at your curiosity with Chelsea.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2008, 05:48:38 AM »
Somehow you don't strike me as the kind of guy that is up on the happenings of Britney Spears or Paris Hilton, I was surprised at your curiosity with Chelsea.

You be surprised at a lot of the things I'm "up on."

;-)
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

The_Professor

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2008, 09:51:24 AM »
Well, THAT's between you and your wife. :-)

Anyway, Rich does have a point, namely that Chelsea is "fair game" if she is actively campaigning. The usual "good taste" rules apply, of course.
"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for western civilization as it commits suicide."
                                 -- Jerry Pournelle, Ph.D