Author Topic: Will the Last Man Out of the Tunnel Please Turn Off the Light?  (Read 4274 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Will the Last Man Out of the Tunnel Please Turn Off the Light?
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2006, 01:02:39 PM »
But you've seen Washington in action long enough to know how the game is played.

I also knows that America loves sinners who have seen the light. They don't even have to be sincere. They just have to admit they have sinned.

And don't be surprised if the GOP plays that card in 08.

Corruption follows power. You guys have the power now. And the temptations that go with it.

I look forward to the thousands of articles Lanya will post about lobbyist efforts and successes to corrupt Dem congresscritters.

And then that FBI sting might reap some benefits.

The GOP in Congress reminded me a lot of the Georgia Bulldogs this year. They can't stop the opponents offense when needed and can't advance the ball when they should. That doesn't indicate that the schemes are wrong but it certainly shows the schemes aren't being executed properly. Fumbles and turnovers will kill you every time.

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2006, 01:06:20 PM »
Corruption follows power. You guys have the power now. And the temptations that go with it.

Don't pin it on me, I have one Senator and that's it.

I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

terra

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2006, 02:18:23 PM »
Did you not list those names as some indication of a bellwether change in american political ideology?

or was that some sorta nose thumbing?

Look. If you win the Senate you at least have the ability to thwart Scotus nominations. Thats a big prize.

But winning the house just changes the names on pork checks and i think the next big thing is going to be about pork anyway. and do you think the dems will exercise restraint after being in the desert for 12 years? The GOP will run in 08 all humble and talking about lessons learned and the dems will counter with inkstains on their fingers. Not a good position to be in. Of course they could do the right thing and slash spending and reduce the deficit but i don't see pumping billlions into capturing a deliberative body without retaining the ability to reward the investors. Know what i mean?

Winning the House allows  over site, it allows hearings and investigations...I know those are not oft heard words in the halls of Congress lately...But get ready. Once the Baker report gets leaked...which should be momentarily, there will be changes. Get ready for the 911 committee's recoommendaions...

And you do think like a republican...it took 6 years to get the people as sick of the republican pary as it took 40 years for them to be as sick of the Dems.

The republican party made NO gains. And the junior republican coming in  in Jan will be a party of 1. Corker....who won against a black man in tennessee.

As far as Pork...those troughs were filled with the snouts of republicans...Ethics are a problem for you all, even for those who have not been indicted yet...

terra

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2006, 02:45:17 PM »
Isn't it beautifull to have a hand off of power in peace?

Hyperbole notwithstanding.