Author Topic: inevitability  (Read 658 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
inevitability
« on: December 04, 2007, 02:14:08 AM »
REVEALING MOMENT

The NYT?s Paul Krugman in 2004:

There was actually a kind of revealing moment recently - Bush gave an interview, was more or less dragooned into an interview on Meet The Press and the interviewer said: ?Well, what if you lose the election?? And he said: ?I?m not going to lose the election."

And the interviewer said: ?But what if you do lose?? He said: ?I?m not going lose the election.? The possibility that they just would not regard it as a legitimate thing if someone else were to take power.

Let?s see, then, what Krugman has to say about Hillary Clinton:

Democrats who?d been in awe of Sen. Hillary Clinton?s perfect campaign believe she made her first serious blunder last Monday by indicating to CBS?s Katie Couric that her election as president is inevitable.

Couric asked, ?How disappointed will you be? if she doesn?t win; Clinton replied: ?Well, it will be me.? ?Clearly,? the CBS anchor persisted, ?you have considered? the ?possibility of losing?? ?No, I haven?t,? said Clinton. ?So you never even consider the possibility?? ?I don?t. I don?t."

She doesn?t regard it as ?a legitimate thing?, apparently. Krugman will be aghast.

http://timblair.net/ee/index.php/weblog/revealing_moment/

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: inevitability
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 10:36:20 AM »
THis is a silly question to ask a candidate.

How disappointed would you be?

What should she say? "ON a scale of one to ten, I'd give it a nine point three."

This is as silly as asking  a jock how disappointed he will be if his team loses the Big Game.

Anyone in any competitive situation needs to psyche themself up. Everyone knows that.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: inevitability
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 10:54:38 AM »
Stock answer to a bullshit question like that should be - - "I'm a very positive person.  A very competitive person.  I just don't allow myself to think about losing anything.  It's not in my nature.  So to answer your question honestly:  I just don't know . 

s