Author Topic: Barak or Hillary?  (Read 3409 times)

Lyndon

Re: Barak or Hillary?
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2007, 03:10:55 PM »
<<No, he was correct both literally, as I've demonstrated, but more importantly rhetorically, as hyperbole on such matters is acceptable for domestic political discourse. I'm tiring of this quickly, Lyndon. Your point, I repeat, is petty and, I suspect, ill-meaning.>>

Then we must disagree. Nothing ill-meaning about my point, just a disagreement with the way Obama sought to frame his point.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2007, 07:42:35 PM »
What are you looking for in a Presidential canadate Lyndon?

Although I agree that Barak Obama shouldn't be President, it is for reasons we have not discussed here yet  as I consider absolute precision in this sort of  prose to be of secondary importance , and I consider the USA to be truly exceptional.

I fear that you disapointment is nearly assured ,because a canadate unwilling to praise the public is not prone to win in the US.

Lyndon

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2007, 03:19:44 PM »

At least a rudimentary grasp of foreign affairs would be a good start. Other than that I have no expectations and no stake. I look forward to sitting back and watching what could be a good show.

Although I agree that Barak Obama shouldn't be President,

I have not said he should not be. Right now I am unconvinced. The campaign has a long way to go yet.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2007, 03:27:20 PM »

At least a rudimentary grasp of foreign affairs would be a good start. Other than that I have no expectations and no stake. I look forward to sitting back and watching what could be a good show.

Although I agree that Barak Obama shouldn't be President,

I have not said he should not be. Right now I am unconvinced. The campaign has a long way to go yet.

Rudy Guliani has just given up a huge number of votes , by advocateing gun controll , he will likely not win the primarys n any southern or midweastern state.

How much worse , would it be for a canadate to say "the USA is not exeptional" ?

Kerry had a hard time just from saying that there should be  "Global test" for American policys , a thing that would have cost him my vote by itself , except that he had lost it otherwise already.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2007, 06:05:14 PM »
Barak Obama is pretty much unique, because as a rule, the children of foreigners do not tend to enter politics, and there are not a lot of children of African graduate students and American mothers in any event. This really has little to do with his abilities, but it is politically important because he is black, and at the same time more Amewrican than, say, John Kerry's wife or Ariana Huffington.

They said before Juniorbush was nominated that all his foreign experience came from eating at the International House of Pancakes, which was true, but then they ignored the fact that he thinks he is some sort of wiley Texas genius that can easily luck off like the Texicans did at the Battle of San Jacinto, which was pretty much an enormous fluke, and has not come anywhere close to happening in Iraq.

He managed to turn a loser ballclub into a million dollar deal by looting the taxpayers for a staduium and then selling the looted stadium with the loser ballclub to an assorment of suckers who now own a loser ballclub in a taxpayer-funded looted stadium. I have no idea whether they think they got a good deal, but it's pretty clear that Juniorbush, who was a major loser all his drunken and drug-crazed life made out like the bandit he was, and this shaped his view of the world.

Colin Powell was joined to Juniorbush to provide adult supervision and a knowledge of foreign affairs, but unfortunately he was shunted aside by Dick Chaney and the Neocons. I am awaiting Powell's book, which I bet will be more entertaining than anything written by Nixon or Kissinger.

Obama is probably a long ways from the best qualified candidate for president. This does not mean that he might not prove to be an excellent president, because all the knowledge and expertise exist in the minds of others, and it is the job of a great president to know what questions to ask and to ask the proper people.

Juniorbush has erred in both tasks, which is why his presidency will be among the dregs of history. James Buchanan, Warren Harding, Millard Fillmore, Jerfferson Davis. Juniorbush might yet prove to be more successful than Davis, as history will judge.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2007, 06:15:10 PM »
What is your problem ith James Bucannon?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2007, 06:40:13 PM »
If you don't know about the incredibly stupid Mormon War, or the total lack of Buchannon taking any initiative to avoid the Civil War, all I can do is suggest that you enlighten yourself with a book or two on the subject.

The Civil War was the worst thing that has ever happened to this country by far, in case you have not heard.

I think Juniorbush is far worse than Buchannon, but he was among the dregs of the presidents.

If Juniorbush seeks to avoid prosecution by disguising himself as a woman as Jeff Davis did, then he will have surpassed Davis in incompetence.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2007, 06:59:16 PM »
If you don't know about the incredibly stupid Mormon War, or the total lack of Buchannon taking any initiative to avoid the Civil War, all I can do is suggest that you enlighten yourself with a book or two on the subject.

The Civil War was the worst thing that has ever happened to this country by far, in case you have not heard.

I think Juniorbush is far worse than Buchannon, but he was among the dregs of the presidents.

If Juniorbush seeks to avoid prosecution by disguising himself as a woman as Jeff Davis did, then he will have surpassed Davis in incompetence.

If James Buccanon had been president again thre would have been again no civil war.

If Freemont had been elected the war might have started earlyer ,....

Is less war better ? Is a delay in onset always a good thing?

Some people think so.

It is worth it if it avoids a war, even a teensy one.

"There was never a good war nor a bad peace" I think Churchill said that, but it may have been someone even smarter.

So why do you have a problem with an appeaser like Bucanon?

Seems exactly like the sort of guy you would vote for.