Author Topic: Someday this OUTRAGE will end! - How can anyone not be OUTRAGED?  (Read 7517 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Someday this OUTRAGE will end! - How can anyone not be OUTRAGED?
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2013, 04:16:58 PM »
You know Xo, even if that was you struggling & gasping to breathe on that table, I'd still completely supprt your right to live and become the overtly ignorant hard core leftist, you have matured into
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2013, 08:00:27 PM »
When does that fetus attain personhood?

BT how could any rational person, even if they are pro-abort, argue that the fetus was not a person after it is born alive? This is outrageous that a living breathing already born baby is left to die on the table.

The legislation in question in which the PP person was testifying against would force the abortionist to provide intensive care including delivering the live born to the nearest facility that could provide life support.

I have no doubt that a live born baby is a person whether delivered via caesarian, natural or even failed abortion.

Interesting enough the fringes of this argument center on whether the state has the right to mandate the labor of a sovereign citizen.

BSB

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2013, 08:14:20 PM »
Lets have a morality police force. They can go around telling private citizens what they can and can't do with their own lives. "You can go to college, you can't." "You can have an abortion, you can't." "You're an American, you aren't." "You're right, you're wrong."

I wonder how far the average IQ of Republicans has fallen over the past half century? Fifteen, twenty points? Nothing reflects that fall more than their stance on social issues. I doubt that it's just a coincidence that over the same half century that same Republican party became more southern and therefor more religiously conservative. Religious conservatism isn't just a middle eastern phenomenon. We have it also. And it holds us back just as it holds the Islamic world back.

BSB   

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2013, 08:16:05 PM »
Lets have a morality police force. They can go around telling private citizens what they can and can't do with their own lives. "You can go to college, you can't." "You can have an abortion, you can't." "You're an American, you aren't." "You're right, you're wrong."

I wonder how far the average IQ of Republicans has fallen over the past half century? Fifteen, twenty points? Nothing reflects that fall more than their stance on social issues. I doubt that it's just a coincidence that over the same half century that same Republican party became more southern and therefor more religiously conservative. Religious conservatism isn't just a middle eastern phenomenon. We have it also. And it holds us back just as it holds the Islamic world back.

BSB   

Do you think the state has the right to demand the labor of a citizen?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2013, 08:20:36 PM »
It's all about freedom...not morality.  You have the freedom in this country to make bad decisions.  You then have the responsibility to deal with the repercussions of those decisions.  and as soon as you bring another LIFE into the equation, that LIFE has a right to live, PERIOD

But notice how the left, when running short on substance, responds with the irrational effors to paint their opposition as so much the inferior intellectually.  They're just so much smarter than the rest of us, so we best just shut up and let them run our lives as they see fit.  Sorry, but you're going to have to move to a more communist country for that to happen
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BSB

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2013, 01:35:18 PM »
Do I think the state has the right to demand labor from it citizens?

Well, I think the state is obliged to encourage an environment that's conducive to beneficial and creative productivity.

BSB

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2013, 01:44:33 PM »
"encourage"?  I guess it depends on how one defines "encourage" now, doesn't it.  Anything punitive or taxation, is not encouraging, that'd be demanding.  How does the left define "encourage"?  For most rationally minded, that's with the use of incentives, not mandates, like raising taxes on x, but not on y

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2013, 01:49:11 PM »
May or not be inline herebut the topic of republicans losings ground is funny to me since my demographic only afew decades ago was largely republican. But the party has largely ignored my group and even gone as far to say we have nothing to complain about. Is it surprising support was gone down abit. What i just stated can also be said with many other groups also.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2013, 02:01:12 PM »
Perhaps that's the problem with the GOP, Kimba....they don't generally placate to specific groups and treat each group as if they alone make up the U.S.  Or pit one group against another.  They try to follow, as MLK advocated, treating everyone equally.  So those "groups" I suppose then apparently feel neglected, since they're not being catered to.  Amazing how upside down things have become since those days of the civil rights movement, & what MLK preached

BSB

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2013, 02:01:45 PM »
That's part of their problem kimba. They have become the party of dumb white males. Sirs and Christian being perfect examples. Not very realistic of the party considering the changing demographics in this country.

BSB

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2013, 02:31:58 PM »
Not sure about the equally part

In academics we get accused of affirmative action despite several school actively raise entry requirements of asians. Even here I hear asian are unfairly stealing college spot from americans.
It's the very reason awhile ago  i asked awhile ago do people outside of california know that some asians actually study hard.

Fun fact: the tigermom actually encourage her daughter to not mention she's part asian knowing it would be lower her chances to getting into harvard. Most part asian students don't mention it for that reason.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2013, 03:00:18 PM »
I did say generally, and not as an absolute.  I mean, literally, the idea of treating everyone equally requires the complete absence of "group think"

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2013, 03:16:14 PM »
On my part of america the issue is safety. Pretty much the idea people thinking we have no real complaints is quite unsettling since thiers is growing trend of asians be mugged that is racially motivated by oppertunity. Because no hate is involved it just doesn't get priority. So reading the news say were the most satified group in america just don't ring true for us.

Do i need to repost that lady thrown on the tracks again?