Author Topic: Obama's Speech  (Read 11067 times)

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Obama's Speech
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2008, 03:13:50 PM »
Show me just one shred of evidence that Juniorbush has learned anything.

He stopped drinking when it became a problem.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2008, 03:21:59 PM »
No 911-like attacks since 911.  Had to require some form of learning.  Stuck with keeping taxes low to all income earners who pay taxes --> Pulled us out of that bubble of a recession following 911, that otherwise would have been significantly worse.  The across-the-board income tax reductions also helped spurr unprecedented increase in Fed revenue.  Something he obviously learned from when past presidents Kennedy & Reagan did so.  <<And before you EVEN try to pull up national debt, the point of egregious out-of-control domestic spending by Government has been conceded.  So that no matter how much increase the Fed gets in revenue, at the facilitation of across-the-board income tax reductions, if the Government still spends more than the increase taken in, there's going to be debt.  That doesn't negate the increased revenue however, nor the unprecedenced low unemployment #'s as well.>>  He also learned from the experience of Vietnam, that you can't micromanage a war across the globe from DC.  he's allowing his commanders/generals on the ground make the tactical and strategic decisions & planning.

I mean, I could go on, but the point is, the only ones who think Bush is some incompotent moron, are those that largely thought he already was when he took the oath of office, in 2001.  And nothing he did or will do, was going to change that way he "seems to them"
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2008, 03:57:45 PM »
Well, it is certainly nice to know that we don;t have to have an alcoholic moron president.

After starting the Iraq War totally unprepared, and following the bad advice of Cheney and Rumsfeld far longer than any normal person would, it is hard to give him credit for anything.

We would've been better if McCain had been elected instead of this fool, or Gore, or Kerry.
And Cheney is even worse than Juniorbush.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2008, 04:20:52 PM »
Well, it is certainly nice to know that we don;t have to have an alcoholic moron president.

After starting the Iraq War totally unprepared, and following the bad advice of Cheney and Rumsfeld far longer than any normal person would, it is hard to give him credit for anything.

We would've been better if McCain had been elected instead of this fool, or Gore, or Kerry.
And Cheney is even worse than Juniorbush.

Since the 9-11 attack was planned and prepared for before the election we can presume it would have happened to president Gore much the same .

So what can we presume President Gore would have done diffrently afterwards?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2008, 04:26:04 PM »
I don't think we can presume any such thing. Perhaps President Gore would have actually listened to Clark about the threat. Perhaps the hijackers would have been arrested.

The attack was successful because warnings were ignored.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2008, 04:56:30 PM »
[quote author=ChristiansUnited4LessGvt link=topic=5773.msg56744#msg56744 And if Obama is sincere about bringing the races together, healing the rifts, believes in a change in attitudes, what is he doing hanging out with a guy making these kinds of divisive statements for the last 20 years?

[/quote]

You don't heal divisions by hanging out with people who don't cause divides.

Doctors don't meet with healthy people all day.

There are no reasons to doubt Obama's sincerity.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: March 20, 2008, 05:02:53 PM »
LOL....your problem Brass is at no time has Obama made any kind of effort to "heal his pastor", or referenced any notion what-so-ever that his motives for being at this church were to "fix their problems".  You're simply twisting what you'd be condeming to high heaven a republican/conservative for doing.  And you KNOW that. 

Doctors TREAT people to get healthy. 

There is absolute reason to doubt Obama's judgement
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2008, 05:13:06 PM »
LOL....your problem Brass is at no time has Obama made any kind of effort to "heal his pastor", or referenced any notion what-so-ever that his motives for being at this church were to "fix their problems".  You're simply twisting what you'd be condeming to high heaven a republican/conservative for doing.  And you KNOW that. 

Doctors TREAT people to get healthy. 

There is absolute reason to doubt Obama's judgement

So you have every second of Obama's life documented?  How did you do that considering you didn't have a clue who he was two or three years ago?

And how old are those oh so dreadful videos that offended your delicate sensibilities and ruined your whole month?  Whose to say that Reverend Wright hasn't mellowed in the years or months or weeks or days or hours or minutes or seconds since he uttered those oh so horrible, utterly terrible statements that shook you to your foundations?   

(Psssst, the guy quit his job, his calling, if you will, under pressure.  The guy was basically fired from his religious consulting position with Obama since you guys got your panties in a twist [but for some reason, feel that Imus got screwed])

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: March 20, 2008, 06:23:10 PM »
Doctors TREAT people to get healthy.  You're simply twisting what you'd be condeming to high heaven a republican/conservative for doing.  And you KNOW that.   There is absolute reason to doubt Obama's judgement

So you have every second of Obama's life documented?  

Of course not....and you do?  With your claims of how he's there to heal the church and its pastor, analogus to a Doctor??  PLEASE.  you go to church to listen and learn from a spiritual leader (or because your wife made you).  At least we know better as to why Obama likely doesn't have an American flag pin on any of his suits, or why Obama's wife never saw anything to be proud of in this country, until just now

Like I said, this twisting in the wind is as transparent as an anorexic actress.  You are trying like hell to give a pass to someone you'd be condemning from here to there, if it were a Republican and his paster, much less a delusional Republican.  Just be honest, and focus on his postives...all the social programs he wants to spend on, the UHC, the wanting to pull all out troops out of Iraq, the need to "invest" more into this country (read higher taxes).  Those things you have something to hang your hat on.  But this effort to rationalize Obama as some "Doctor" as the reason he was "treating" his pastor for the last 20+years is more desperate than Hillary crying

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: March 20, 2008, 06:50:35 PM »
The Reverend Wright did not make divisive statements intentionally, because he was only speaking to Black people or possibly people married to Black people. This guy takes his name Jeremiah too seriously. Jeremiah the prophet was seriously unpopular in his day as well.

Most of Wright's rantings had the subtext of how to get along in a country with a dominant White culture, which is what we have in the US.
I am sure that if Obama were president, it would do quite a bit to promote racial understanding in the USW, and I think this would benefit the nation far more than another 8 or 100 years of war in Iraq as well.

McCain is likely to be a Juniorbush rerun.

Juniorbush had dumbass ideas and was toweringly incompetent. McCain has the same ideas, and would probably be more competent at implementing them. We have had enough of Empire. We have had enough of rule for the corporations, of the corporations and by the corporations. Actually, far too much.

I would surely like to spend my taxes on things that benefit my fellow Americans than on Iraq, where the things we build are destroyed in the worst of cases and serve no purpose to Americans in the best of cases.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2008, 06:53:17 PM »
You are trying like hell to give a pass to someone you'd be condemning from here to there, if it were a Republican and his paster, much less a delusional Republican.

Condemn Wright all you want. I don't see where you have the right or the power to demand that Obama, Brass or myself condemn him also.

Freedom of speech means you get to say it. It doesn't mean that you get to demand that others say it.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2008, 06:53:55 PM »
 ;D   don't hold back Xo, tell us how you really feel.  LOL...yea, he accidentally made divisive statements

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2008, 06:59:28 PM »
You are trying like hell to give a pass to someone you'd be condemning from here to there, if it were a Republican and his paster, much less a delusional Republican.

Condemn Wright all you want. I don't see where you have the right or the power to demand that Obama, Brass or myself condemn him also.  Freedom of speech means you get to say it. It doesn't mean that you get to demand that others say it.

I must have missed somewhere where I claimed you, or anyone needed to condemn anyone.  closest thing I ever got to was referencing how Obama could politely take his pastor aside, and perhaps explain how wrong, racist, and devisive his comments were.  Perhaps you can refresh my mind as to demanding something.  The quote you have from me above simply deduces how Brass WOULD condemn this person if it were a Republican, not in any way that he had to.  A distinct difference Bt

Freedom of Speech also means there's no immunity from being criticized for being or not being critical

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #73 on: March 20, 2008, 07:04:57 PM »
Perhaps i missed it. Did you not say that Obama should have denounced Wright lo all those years ago. And did you not imply that in order to not be a hypocrite Brass should denounce Obama and Wright just as he would denounce any Republican and or their pastor?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: March 20, 2008, 07:18:55 PM »
No, I think I said he should have walked out.  And I distinctly recall saying in my prior post of how he should politely talk to his pastor off to the side, or in the comforts of one of their homes.

At no time have I ever proclaimed how Obama needs to condemn his Pastor's racist words.  The point that he doesn't and continued to embrace him as his mentor & spiritual advisor tells me, sirs, all I largely needed to know about his severe lack of judgement

And at no time have I proclaimed how you or Brass need to condemn anyone.  As I made clear, if this were a Republican, Brass WOULD be condemning his actions and association with a racist pastor.  I seem to recall alot of tripping over oneself trying to claim Bush was a racist for daring to speak at Bob Jones, or that Trent Lott was a racist for simply complimenting a once segregationist supporter.