Author Topic: Hypothetical Cain Conclusion  (Read 2876 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Hypothetical Cain Conclusion
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2011, 02:35:09 PM »
Cains whole appeal is he is running as an outsider who knows how to solve problems. How's he doing with this one?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2011, 02:39:11 PM »
Keep in mind that passing the polygraph test EVEN IF IT WERE 100% ACCURATE does not mean Cain is competent to lead the nation.

But sure, have Cain and all his accusers take a polygraph test. On prime time TV.It could replace "Dancing with the Stars", which I sat through when my sister and I were in Hawaii recently. That has to be the dumbest show on TV since "My Mother the Car".
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2011, 02:59:21 PM »
Cains whole appeal is he is running as an outsider who knows how to solve problems. How's he doing with this one?

Time will tell.  I think my hypothetical is a great problem solver

Keep in mind that passing the polygraph test EVEN IF IT WERE 100% ACCURATE does not mean Cain is competent to lead the nation.

Yea, we got that the 1st time you said it....in your fringe leftist opinion, it makes this black conservative republican, just a "little less" horrible

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2011, 03:39:44 PM »
Cain is at best like Quark, the DS9 Barkeep Ferenghi, as compared with other, more menacing Ferenghi as they appeared on ST:THG. You would not trust any of them, but Quark was more fun when you got to know him a little.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2011, 03:58:31 PM »
Naaa, far more like Chakotay, STV.  Embattled fighter, often misunderstood, but passionate about his cause
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2011, 04:34:51 PM »
He is a businessman. The only thing he could be is a Ferenghi.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2011, 04:37:44 PM »
in the bizarro world of Xo, perhaps     :o

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2011, 04:53:39 PM »
The only businessmen on Star Trek are Ferenghi.

Maybe the Breen are businessmen as well, but "little is known of the Breen". They are said to be really chilly dudes.

The Dominion shapeshifters have an evolutionary heritage that prevents them from being businessmen: they have no pockets. When one turns into a liquid and dozes away in his bucket at night, his wallet just sinks to the bottom or floats on the top. Then when he rematerializes, who knows where it will be?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2011, 04:57:13 PM »
The only businessmen on Star Trek are Ferenghi.

Close....there are businessmen tru-out the trek world, in all races.  Ferenghi are merely 100% pure greedy type of businessmen.  Try to keep up, since no one is debating what the Ferengi are.  That's referred to as Science FICTION

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2011, 05:21:25 PM »
Of course it is science fiction. On Star Trek the businessmen were pretty sparse. There was the guy peddling tribbles and the Ferenghi, and that was pretty much it.

There logically should have been others, but they rarely made it into the script, perhaps because they were boring. There were no ugly women, either, unless they were of some bizarre species where everyone was grotesquely ugly.

All in all, it was an entertaining series, and I have seen most ST:THG and DS9 episodes two or three times. Voyager was pretty good at first, but they got into the sector of the Dreadlock People and became boring after Kes died.

I was using the show as a metaphor. I realize that it was FICTION (Duh!)

I even realize that a lot of the science was bogus, like every being in the galaxy speaking in such a way that they all spoke in Midwestern US English. I think that Worf should have had a Russian accent, like his parents: why not use the Universal translator with Sulu and Warf and even Picard?

Learning a language takes a LOT of time. Once you have a device that translates effortlessly, why bother to teach other languages?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2011, 05:57:20 PM »
Of course it is science fiction. On Star Trek the businessmen were pretty sparse.

yea, they are sparse, but they are not restricted to just Ferenghi. Nor is this tangent in any way spearheading any debate.  If you wish to continue this trek talk, perhaps move it into another category. 

and FYI, the metaphor was weak, which is why it was struck down, so fast, and has mutated into a boring tangent of what makes a good Sci Fi series or not

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2011, 06:00:20 PM »
It was struck down only in the rather dubious arena of your mind.

I see Cain as a Ferenghi. Do you think he should be excluded from Raisa?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2011, 06:15:56 PM »
  Cain is not only a businessman , when he worked for the Navy he was a civil servant , job description <mathmatician>.

Mabe a little like Data.