Author Topic: Bristol Palin and Murphy Brown  (Read 8667 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Bristol Palin and Murphy Brown
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2008, 03:35:43 PM »
Still waiting for that list of names, of those who are a "perfect mother"

(1) The Blesséd Virgin Mary

=====================
As I said, that is not the point of my discussion, and I will not be bullied by you or anyone to diverting the topics. There are two to choose from, if you don;t like either, just withdraw or say you have nothing more to say.

I have nothing more to say.

If you like having the last word as assholes often do, go right ahead. Speak.

That being the standard I suppose that there will never be a woman that you can support for office unless she has never had children , or they have turned out as well as Jesus.

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2008, 11:51:07 PM »
Still waiting for that list of names, of those who are a "perfect mother"

Never saw one, but here are some bad ones.

"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2008, 11:57:03 PM »
they have turned out as well as Jesus.

======================================
I think there are many things a son could do to please his mom that might be better than getting yourself arrested and publicly executed right in front of you.

If you look at this from a mother's perspective, I mean.

It never seemed to me that the Pieta was crying happy tears. But that is just an artist's interpretation, isn't it?
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2008, 12:02:37 AM »
they have turned out as well as Jesus.

I think there are many things a son could do to please his mom that might be better than getting yourself arrested and publicly executed right in front of you.

If you look at this from a mother's perspective, I mean.

It never seemed to me that the Pieta was crying happy tears. But that is just an artist's interpretation, isn't it?

Thus only childless women can run for office?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2008, 12:16:48 AM »

You have not been following the discussion, or perhaps enjoy misunderstanding stuff like sirs.

My point is and has ever been that on one hand, the GOP presents Palin as an ideal candidate by virtue of her being a mother, thereby indicating that motherhood is a qualification for office, and THEN says that any suggestions that she is not a good mother or anything short of a perfect mother cannot be mentioned because that would be unfair.

It is not her motherhood or even her lack of perfection as a mother that disqualifies her for the job in my opinion, it is her lack of knowledge of pretty much anything I think the VP of an ancient cancer patient president should have. I am elated by her ability at moosing and rooting out Alaskan corruption, and think that she is so good at it, she should stay in the proper capital for her, which is Juneau, not Washington DC.

I do not feel that the Virgin Mary has the qualifications to be VP or president. First, she is deceased, second, if she were alive, she would not speak English, and third, she was not born in the USA. Dead, Aramaic-speaking foreign women are not what we need running our country. I can't see it any other way.

Sorry.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2008, 12:24:58 AM »

You have not been following the discussion, or perhaps enjoy misunderstanding stuff like sirs.

My point is and has ever been that on one hand, the GOP presents Palin as an ideal candidate by virtue of her being a mother, thereby indicating that motherhood is a qualification for office, and THEN says that any suggestions that she is not a good mother or anything short of a perfect mother cannot be mentioned because that would be unfair.

It is not her motherhood or even her lack of perfection as a mother that disqualifies her for the job in my opinion, it is her lack of knowledge of pretty much anything I think the VP of an ancient cancer patient president should have. I am elated by her ability at moosing and rooting out Alaskan corruption, and think that she is so good at it, she should stay in the proper capital for her, which is Juneau, not Washington DC.

I do not feel that the Virgin Mary has the qualifications to be VP or president. First, she is deceased, second, if she were alive, she would not speak English, and third, she was not born in the USA. Dead, Aramaic-speaking foreign women are not what we need running our country. I can't see it any other way.

Sorry.

At my age I consider non of my faults to be the result of my parents faults.

and when I was a teen I wanted faults my parents didn't have.

I think many Americans have experience with teens and sympathy for Sara Pallin as a mother.

Motherhood will be a unique experience for a (vice) presidential Canada , probably a good experience to draw from , if she is elected she will be the first with this experience in this office.

So who is requiring perfection and who is claiming perfection? She is a mother , that is a part of her resume that the rest of the field doesn't match.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2008, 12:27:13 AM »

Funny, I thought she was presented as an ideal candidate because she had executive experience and a reputation as a "slash the waste" conservative. I don't remember McCain ever saying that he chose her because she was a mother.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2008, 12:30:14 AM »
Neither do I.  Must be in that same memo Xo claimed that has McCain being qualified to be President because he was a POW
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2008, 12:30:46 AM »
The GOP hype railed on and on about her mothering. Most of the photos shown at the convention were family shots. It is not just McCain that hyped her, and any hype is subject to criticism.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2008, 12:33:55 AM »
Must be in that same memo Xo claimed that has McCain being qualified to be President because he was a POW

==================================
If it isn't important, why is he always talking about it? Bobdole knew how to shut up about his war injuries, that were a whole lot worse than McCain's.

Every speech at the convention, they could not shut up about how he could not raise his arms, and how cruelly they treated him when all he wanted to do was bomb the sh*t out of them.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2008, 01:02:08 AM »
Expressing some of her qualities, and aspects of life she has accomplished (or what McCain has been thru) is NOT, repeat NOT the same as claiming THOSE alone are the reasons she should be Veep (or president, in McCain's case).  They are simply giving more detail about the person.  Comprende'?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2008, 01:21:28 AM »
Expressing some of her qualities, and aspects of life she has accomplished (or what McCain has been thru) is NOT, repeat NOT the same as claiming THOSE alone are the reasons she should be Veep (or president, in McCain's case).  They are simply giving more detail about the person.  Comprende'?

Excuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me. I continue to be unimpressed, and continue to think that anything presented about a candidate is fair game if there is doubt about its truthfulness.

I wonder why they don't tell us Sarah's favorite flavor of yogurt, or McCain's favorite vegetable. There is soooo much to know. Jockeys or Boxers? Old lady panties or *gasp!* thongs! Shoe size and number of fillings. Scars and other identifying marks.

Think they'll implant a teensy speaker in McCain's ear like they did in Juniorbush's?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2008, 02:03:10 AM »
Must be in that same memo Xo claimed that has McCain being qualified to be President because he was a POW

==================================
If it isn't important, why is he always talking about it? Bobdole knew how to shut up about his war injuries, that were a whole lot worse than McCain's.

Every speech at the convention, they could not shut up about how he could not raise his arms, and how cruelly they treated him when all he wanted to do was bomb the sh*t out of them.

Since Al Queda types want to bomb us , are we excused to leave their wounds untreated when we capture them?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2008, 02:08:00 AM »
Since Al Queda types want to bomb us , are we excused to leave their wounds untreated when we capture them?

We should treat their wounds, but, in the event they run for public office, ignore their complaints.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2008, 02:10:00 AM »

We should treat their wounds, but, in the event they run for public office, ignore their complaints.

I can imagine a graduate of camp X-ray becomeing politicly important in his homelands politics , would he be bragging?