Author Topic: Trump's a chump  (Read 6725 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Trump's a chump
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2012, 05:18:42 PM »
You claim that ALL transactions are affected by Congress.This is simply untrue.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2012, 05:20:50 PM »
You claim that ALL transactions are affected by Congress.This is simply untrue.

You will have to work hard to find an example of a financhal dealing that is immune to congressional act.

I am interested to see if you realy can.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2012, 05:48:39 PM »
There is probably no action that is totally immune from all types of congressional conflict. However, that is beside the point: there are hundreds of thousands of investments that are NOT affected by Congress.

Until we know the actual investments that Romney and Obama have in the Cayman Islands, there is absolutely no way to consider them equal in size or purpose.

It is rather unlikely that the Illinois legislature has a program involving investments in the Caymans.

There are a few mutual funds that are open to European investors,but not to American citizens (because they do not comply with the reporting regulations for mutual funds) that I have heard are available from Cayman Islands brokers.

Somehow I got on this stupid email list that  touted overseas investments, was always warning about a total global collapse, and nonetheless, had a US flag on nearly every page. They were always talking about some magnificent opportunity to
make money, and never said a word about avoiding taxes.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2012, 06:24:35 PM »
There is probably no action that is totally immune from all types of congressional conflict. However, that is beside the point: there are hundreds of thousands of investments that are NOT affected by Congress.

": there are hundreds of thousands of investments that are NOT affected by Congress".
How is this possible if;
"There is probably no action that is totally immune from all types of congressional conflict"

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2012, 07:23:53 PM »
It is easy to see how this works.

There is no way that you can drive down the highway without being subject to traffic laws.

But that hardly means that everyone who drives down the street violates a traffic law and is therefore arrested.

Not even a majority of people who violate traffic laws is arrested.

The fact that Congress MAY affect almost everything does not mean that Congress DOES affect everything.

If a political candidate put all their assets in a broad index mutual fund, like the S&P 500 or the Wilshire 5000 and similar foreign funds, then he would be invested in almost everything, and therefore could not be accused of favoritism except by dolts who do not understand mutual funds.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2012, 04:31:03 AM »
Are you calling President Obama a Dolt?

Hey!  I like that.

You seem also to be saying that most finantial transactions are not lawfull, I hope that most of them are lawfull.

And the Congress has made law reguarding every investrment there is.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2012, 01:12:47 PM »
Romney does NOT have his blind trust money invested in typical index funds. Neither the President nor Romney has made any statement that this is true.

I was simply explaining how a specific investment could be made that would NOT be subject to accusations of favoritism. Surely you are not so dense that you cannot understand this.

Most investments are not affected by the government, they are only regulated. It is like the state putting up speed limit signs and traffic lights.