Author Topic: Obama: Benghazi may have been ‘big breakdown’  (Read 7758 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Obama: Benghazi may have been ‘big breakdown’
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2012, 01:00:34 AM »
The union between Texas and the other States was as complete, as perpetual, and as indissoluble as the union between the original States. There was no place for reconsideration or revocation, except through revolution or through consent of the States.

Same case from the majority opinion.

If the other states agree then states can secede.

What does this mean?

Revolution is what Texas had in mind, Texas had the agreement of seven states.

I can't beleive that the War between the states was lost on the battlefield but was won in court.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2012, 01:04:53 AM »
I think the Obama Political side was scared to death of another Mogadishu / Black Hawk down scenario and that froze them.

I'd also like the real story about General Ham and how he came to be reassigned./relieved of his command etc. 

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2012, 01:08:41 AM »
The union between Texas and the other States was as complete, as perpetual, and as indissoluble as the union between the original States. There was no place for reconsideration or revocation, except through revolution or through consent of the States.

I have no idea Plane what it means. What is the requirement for calling a Constitutional Convention. Maybe that is what the author had in mend.

What does this mean?

I can't beleive that the War between the states was lost on the battlefield but was won in court.

I have no idea Plane what it means. What is the requirement for calling a Constitutional Convention. Maybe that is what the author had in mind. Then again the case was not about secession, it was about who had legal ownership of some bonds.

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2012, 01:11:13 AM »
...I have a question for you.  What evidence would you need to turn your support from Obama?

I don't.

...If it comes out that he knew all along and chose to do nothing, or if he really is missing in action and others are making all the decisions on foreign affairs, how will you react?

Hope he is impeached.

...Can you be honest and criticize Obama...

His ears stick out like jug handles.

I am not a supporter of Obama. I did not, and do not intend to, vote for Obama.

I can also say those things about Romney.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2012, 01:18:55 AM »

I have no idea Plane what it means. What is the requirement for calling a Constitutional Convention. Maybe that is what the author had in mend.

What does this mean?

I have no idea Plane what it means. What is the requirement for calling a Constitutional Convention. Maybe that is what the author had in mind. Then again the case was not about secession, it was about who had legal ownership of some bonds.

I am confused.

Now I am wondering what would have happened if the southern states had sued for devorce, Tanney was still the cheif Justice I suppose.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2012, 01:27:50 AM »
Yeah. I know. I played devils advocate for a year or so here and  dealt with all kind of slurs because of it.

And what slurs would those be?  You referring to the *gasp* moderate slur??
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2012, 10:49:34 AM »
Same case from the majority opinion. If the other states agree then states can secede.
Different subject than XO's incorrect statement....
but on the different subject it is debate-able as to what it really means.
http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig11/stanley-b1.1.1.html

But what is not debate-able is that XO was dead wrong when he said "The Supreme Court never ruled that secession of the Confederate States was unconstitutional" because the Supreme Court did in Texas vs. White.
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2012, 11:28:08 AM »
And what slurs would those be?  You referring to the *gasp* moderate slur??

RINO doesn't look good one him....
Wasn't he pretty anti-Romney at one time?
I wonder if he is staying home this time?
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2012, 01:12:47 PM »
Personally & IMHO, BT is a solid fella, very patient, comes across as fiscally conservative, though socially....kinda all over the place.  If I had to categorize him, I wouldn't go with RINO, I'd go with more or a right leaning moderate.  But yes, he was no fan of Romney, instead appeard to actually support a more conservative candidate.  Romney comes across as more of an "appeaser", in his efforts to work with both sides, which of course then leads to charges of flip flopping, as he tries to actually get things done.

Now, while I'd want a candidate who's principals are a tad more sound and presumptive, like a Governor Perry or Kasich, what we have is a candidate that appeals to both fiscal conservatives and independents......exactly what's needed to win a national election.  Why Bt would be so against him at the outset, well, I'll let him explain that. 

Claims that this would be the last Republican President I think are a tad hyperbolic, BUT, that really does depend on a Romney adminstration.  Is he going to bring back fiscal sanity, or is he going to be BushIII, placating Democrats by still growing the Government, just not as fast as folks like Obama & Xo would want to.  Who he chooses to the Supreme court will also be huge.  The 2 latters could indeed disenfranchise many of us conservatives, to the point we might be shopping for a libertarian candidate, in which case the Dems would be running things for quite a long time, until a valid Libertarian 3rd party emerged
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 01:21:24 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle