Author Topic: AZ Law Working, Illegals Leaving in Large Numbers  (Read 1471 times)

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: AZ Law Working, Illegals Leaving in Large Numbers
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2010, 02:21:38 PM »
sort of actually.
what I`m getting at is that alot of the criminals in question who started this mess should of still been convicted despite thier legal status.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2010, 02:40:53 PM »
Yea.....and? 

The issue, as it relates to the AZ law, IMHO, is pro-active, in that the possibility of someone being arrested and deported for a violation of being in this country illegally, is plausibly preventing an imminent home invasion, or kidnapping, or drug related crime, or gang related crime, if it happens to be someone connected to such criminal enterprises.  If not, it simply deporting someone who's here illegally.

In either case, its still merely enforcing current Federal Immigration Law

So, back to the original question, you're advocating a zero tolerance policy to any and all crimes?  Illegal u-turn on a completely non-busy highway, no car in sight?  Ticket for the person going 58MPH in a 55MPH zone?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2010, 02:56:56 PM »
on traffic
I give no thought to it at all.

proactive matter i guess i think it may cause more problems since as i stated before it may have minimul impact on the criminals in question .

as i stated originally this is trust issue with the legal residents to law enforcement. the exodus might be a indication how good local enforcement is to begin with.

not coruption , inompitence maybe

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2010, 03:26:27 PM »
on traffic
I give no thought to it at all.

Why not?  Law is law.  Recall that Justice is blind.  Its supposed to be that way.  So, if you're going to complain about inconsistencies, then you're being inconsistent if you don't complain about all inconsistent law enforcement

proactive matter i guess i think it may cause more problems since as i stated before it may have minimul impact on the criminals in question .

See, you keep referring to this AZ law as causing more problems, but without reasoned logic behind it.  Recall that this law is merely set in motion AFTER someone has already violated some other infraction or law, and ONLY if there's reasonable suspician that the person is here in this country illegally.  This isn't some massive change in personel & logistics, to hunt down illegal immigrants at the expense of hunting down other criminals

as i stated originally this is trust issue with the legal residents to law enforcement. the exodus might be a indication how good local enforcement is to begin with. not coruption , inompitence maybe

Or ignorance by those choosing to leave.
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle