Author Topic: yeah dats fair! ---> dump the special on JFK & pump dirt on Reagan!  (Read 919 times)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Washington Post Devotes 48 Paragraphs
and 2850 Words to Touting the Liberal Ron Reagan

By Scott Whitlock | January 24, 2011

Although the Washington Post had no mention on Monday of the annual March for Life rally in
Washington D.C., the paper still found time to devote 48 paragraphs and 2850 words to profiling
Ron Reagan and his controversial claim in a new book that his father had symptoms of Alzheimer's
while in the White House.

Staff writer Manuel Roig-Franzia made sure to highlight in the fifth paragraph, "The son, now 52,
can't muster enthusiasm for present-day Reagan worship, either. He disdains the communal gushing
and deifying, 'the fetishistic veneration,' while nurturing a private, though complicated, affection."

The journalist added, "Ron's mother, Nancy Reagan, is always after him to attend this or
that commemoration or unveiling. He always has the same reaction: 'Oh, no. Not another
aircraft carrier. Not another bridge. Not another highway!'"

However, Roig-Franzia waited until paragraph 30 to note, "[Ron Reagan] worked as a television
political commentator and radio host, but his show on Air America, on which he tended toward
liberal flame-throwing, ended a year ago amid the talk radio network's bankruptcy."

The article concluded with a gratuitous shot at brother Michael Reagan, hinting that he's just
attempting to cash in on the legacy of the 40th President:

Michael is also coming out with a new book timed to the centennial: "The New Reagan Revolution:
How Ronald Reagan's Principles Can Restore America's Greatness." Among Michael's many
Reagan-related enterprises is a company that sells e-mail addresses with the host name
@Reagan.com for as much as $39 a year; the proceeds support conservative causes.
He says he's sold between 4,000 and 5,000.

Ron has no such projects planned. He'll promote his book, then - well - who knows?
"I'm still asking myself the question," he says, "about what I want to be when I grow up."

Roig Franzia did include critics of Ron Reagan's assertion that his father displayed symptoms of
Alzheimer's while President: "Reaganites and Reagan watchers are reacting with varying levels
of disbelief and rage. Edmund Morris, the biographer, says in an interview that he doubts the
claim in part because Reagan's daily diaries are as "clearly expressed and well-written" at the
end of his presidency as at the beginning."

However, Michael Reagan might not want to hold his breath waiting for his 2850 word,
48 paragraph profile.

Over a span of five days and three programs, ABC touted Ron Reagan's book for 24 minutes.

Author Scott Whitlock is a news analyst for the Media Research Center

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/scott-whitlock/2011/01/24/wash-post-devotes-48-paragraphs-and-2850-words-touting-liberal-ron-r
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: yeah dats fair! ---> dump the special on JFK & pump dirt on Reagan!
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 11:48:24 AM »
Consider the source, C
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 12:23:25 PM »
Reagan was clearly suffering from some sort of malady that caused him to stammer and dodder. If it were not for his handlers, he'd never have made it through his second term without being totally ridiculous.

As for Ron, he has a right to his opinion. Michael has a right to profit from being the old coot's son, too, but he is rather tasteless. Jesse James mother used to sell rocks from off Jesse's grave for a quarter. When they remodeled the house, they tore down a wall and sold pieces of wood for keychains.

I would expect no less from a Reagan.

I am all for them showing the JFK special as well. Why not?
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 12:47:21 PM »
Reagan politically outmaneuvered the entire left and half the right with an impaired brain?

Reagan cooperated with Thather John-Paul and Lech Wallensa to outsmart the Soviet Union , with an impaired ability to remember?

Reagan mesmerised Congress and the Nation with speech after speech with an impaired ability to speak?

Reagan understood cutting edge economics science better than most of the worlds professional economists with a slowed cognition?

Dang , good thing we waited for his alshimers disease to slow him down a bit before we elected him ,If we had elected him president a few years earlyer he might have done some real damage. 

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 01:11:41 PM »
 ;)

touche', Plane
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2011, 02:25:36 PM »
He was an ACTOR. He didn't write any of his own material.

All you had to do was watch him as he spoke. I know he did not impress me one effing whit.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2011, 03:26:16 PM »
All you had to do was watch him as he spoke.

Yeah millions of Americans did watch him and elected him twice!
Huge LANDSLIDE second time around!

I know he did not impress me one effing whit.

Doesn't matter he impressed enough to kicking your effing ass twice!  :D
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2011, 06:26:31 PM »
Reagan did not kick me. I just did not fall for his stupid crap.

He was an awful president. And no, he did not bring down the Berlin Wall. The Germans did that when Olebush was president.