Author Topic: Obama perfect?  (Read 56325 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Obama perfect?
« Reply #105 on: July 03, 2008, 04:54:49 PM »

So, why not class sizes of 1:1 for optimal benefit??

Homeschool?

Why not?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #106 on: July 03, 2008, 05:30:22 PM »
His weakness is in how he'd go about implimenting and paying for his ideals, coupled by his piss poor judgement & naivete with policy

This sounds much more like Bush to me, Sirs.

Naaa......sounds much more like no-preconditions Obama

AT least Obama is listening to the teachers of America, with common sense.

You mean he's listening to the Teacher's Unions of America, with open pockets

He's already a far better leader in my opinion, and I voted for BUSH!!!

Given his track record in judgement, and anemic amount of leadership experience, I would beg to differ.  Especially in what direction, he'd want to take this country
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: July 03, 2008, 05:47:58 PM »
All I gotta say is that I know Obama's claim is full of crap. It starts off with "begin by funding the mandate" - which is a claim straight out of left's playbook. Fact is, NCLB is funded. You can go to the CBO's website and download the budget figures and find the funding listed there for it, and for previous years see the actual amount spent.

Anybody who makes a claim that stupid is full of crap.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #108 on: July 03, 2008, 05:50:48 PM »
I think the term "funding the mandate" is supposed to be analgus to "investing in our children".  I mean, who would be against such a noble desire?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #109 on: July 03, 2008, 06:01:30 PM »
Obama believes teachers should not be forced to spend the academic year preparing students to fill in bubbles on standardized tests.

NCLB does not require teachers to teach to the test. That's a choice made by the teachers.

Cynthia

« Reply #110 on: July 03, 2008, 06:06:31 PM »
All I gotta say is that I know Obama's claim is full of crap. It starts off with "begin by funding the mandate" - which is a claim straight out of left's playbook. Fact is, NCLB is funded. You can go to the CBO's website and download the budget figures and find the funding listed there for it, and for previous years see the actual amount spent.

Anybody who makes a claim that stupid is full of crap.

With all due respect, Ami, I really do not believe that this man is full of crap, Ami. I am going to give him a chance. He speaks for teachers and for students. Period.  He has a clear understanding of what is broken.

Cynthia

« Reply #111 on: July 03, 2008, 06:09:00 PM »
His weakness is in how he'd go about implimenting and paying for his ideals, coupled by his piss poor judgement & naivete with policy

This sounds much more like Bush to me, Sirs.

Naaa......sounds much more like no-preconditions Obama

AT least Obama is listening to the teachers of America, with common sense.

You mean he's listening to the Teacher's Unions of America, with open pockets

He's already a far better leader in my opinion, and I voted for BUSH!!!

Given his track record in judgement, and anemic amount of leadership experience, I would beg to differ.  Especially in what direction, he'd want to take this country

I'll take Obama's track record any day over the broken track record of Bush.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: July 03, 2008, 06:13:33 PM »
His track record is hard left, outside of his recent effort to placate the middle on Faith Based initiatives.  Outside of that his record is about as hard core liberal as one can get.  Bush, at least TRIED to compromise with Democrats, and often did on some of their pet issues.....EDUCATION for instance.  Obama has no such record to hang his nonexistant leadership hat on

And News Flash Cynthia, Bush isn't running this election, and McCain is not Bush

Cynthia

« Reply #113 on: July 03, 2008, 06:13:41 PM »
Obama believes teachers should not be forced to spend the academic year preparing students to fill in bubbles on standardized tests.

NCLB does not require teachers to teach to the test. That's a choice made by the teachers.

::)

Cynthia

« Reply #114 on: July 03, 2008, 06:17:38 PM »
Bush, at least TRIED to compromise with Democrats, and often did on some of their pet issues.....EDUCATION for instance.  Obama has no such record to hang his nonexistant leadership hat on

And News Flash Cynthia, Bush isn't running this election, and McCain is not Bush.

I never said Bush was running anything. He's going to have to look back and come to grips with what he has done to many in this world during his two terms in office. And it has not all been a bed of roses. Obama is a wonderful man. I have more faith in him than in Bush, anyday. He will at least listen to others. Bush wasn't about to do squat for people unless it was fed by the conservative stream of thought.
I welcome someone who is far left, after all is said and done. I can't wait.

Bush TRIED? Oh yea, sure just like he TRIED to make the American people understand that the war in Iraq wasn't going to last very long.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 06:20:28 PM by Cynthia »

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #115 on: July 03, 2008, 06:20:02 PM »

Perhaps you can quote the portion of the law that requires teachers to teach to the test.

Cynthia

« Reply #116 on: July 03, 2008, 06:21:30 PM »

Perhaps you can quote the portion of the law that requires teachers to teach to the test.

Bt,

Perhaps YOU should visit classrooms before I even talk to you about this issue again. You refuse to listen to the people!
You would make a terrible politician.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #117 on: July 03, 2008, 06:23:48 PM »

Bush TRIED? Oh yea, sure just like he TRIED to make the American people understand that the war in Iraq wasn't going to last very long.

No , from the first Bush said the fight would be long and hard.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #118 on: July 03, 2008, 06:25:22 PM »
He has a clear understanding of what is broken.

How does someone with "a clear understanding of what is broken" call a funded program "unfunded"? Sounds like he doesn't understand it to me.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #119 on: July 03, 2008, 06:26:29 PM »
You would make a terrible politician.

ROFL

When do you come up re-election, BT?