Author Topic: Obama perfect?  (Read 56328 times)

Cynthia

Re: Obama perfect?
« Reply #150 on: July 03, 2008, 09:02:02 PM »
To wrap up this issue for a while, anyway; one can only hope that politicians in this nation are as gifted with Obama's intelligence and compassion.

I see it now, There's more to the story than a strong arm. It's time for a strong mind.

Rare today. . .especially in the world of politics.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #151 on: July 03, 2008, 09:12:47 PM »
The teachers complaints about NCLB are not about the children.

The children aren't stressed out about testing, the teachers are.

The children have no clue about funding, the teachers are the ones who want more money.

The problem with schools is illustrated beautifully by this thread.

Claims are made, claims are challenged, no documentation is provided.

NCLB is blamed for curriculum, which the states provide, overtesting with no explaination of comparative testing frequency pre and post NCLB and forcing teachers to teach to the test, with no explanation as to what provision of the NCLB would suggest this.

In other words we have parroted dogma without the corresponding critical thinking required for a free and prosperous society.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #152 on: July 03, 2008, 09:13:45 PM »
...You can laugh at the situation and bring in personal hits...like Sirs, against me. That's ok....

What's not ok is that a) I'm not laughing, and b) what "personal hit"??  You refering to your demand that ami prove a negative, and my questioning of that??

Like I said, whatever Obama can do to help this situation will be better than the current administration.

Actually, he could makes things exponentially worse, by placating the unions and liberal base by simply citing we need to "invest more for the children"...code word: increased taxes, which would already lead a shaky economy into quite the economic black hole, with increasing unemployment, increasing uninsured, and potential Inflation explosion.  See Jmmy Carter for the last time the Liberal left went on a spree.  And all the while accountability and improvement in our children's education, remains in its pervasive downward slide........citing of course the need to "invest more for our children

You don't see the viscious circle with the liberal mindset on this, Cynthia?  Your hatred of Bush that great you can't see straight on an issue so important and so intimate with your current occupation?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 09:45:48 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Cynthia

« Reply #153 on: July 03, 2008, 09:15:14 PM »
This is an opinion of someone who is not a teacher, nor a decent politician.

You were wrong before, BT, and you are wrong now.

But to the degree we can meet in the middle has yet to be seen.

Obama is the best candidate. Bush was worthless.

Cynthia

« Reply #154 on: July 03, 2008, 09:15:59 PM »
...You can laugh at the situation and bring in personal hits...like Sirs, against me. That's ok....

What's not ok is that a) I'm not laughing, and b) what "personal hit"??  You refering to your demand that ami prove a negative, and my questioning of that??

Like I said, whatever Obama can do to help this situation will be better than the current administration.

Actually, he could makes things exponentially worse, by placating the unions and liberal base by simply citing we need to "invest more for the children"...code word: increased taxes, which would already lead a shaky economy into quite the economic black hole, with increasing unemployment, increasing uninsured, and potential Inflation explosion.  See Jmmy Carter for the last time the Liberal left went on a spree.  And all the while accountability and improvement in our children's education, remains in its pervasive downward slide........citing of course the need to "invest more for our children

You don't see the viscious circle with the liberal mindset on this, Cynthia?  Your hatred of Bush that great you can't see straight on an issue so important and so initmate with your current occupation?

I don't have hatred for Bush. I voted for him.

I have disappointment!

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #155 on: July 03, 2008, 09:18:59 PM »
Your "disappointment" has manifested into pretty transparent hatred, Cynthia.  And IMHO, its apparently really screwing with your ability to be objective, on a whole host of issues.  Just though I'd let you know
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #156 on: July 03, 2008, 09:40:52 PM »

I'm supposed to accept this evaluation because you are a teacher?

Are you a parent?

Cynthia

« Reply #157 on: July 04, 2008, 12:05:34 AM »

I'm supposed to accept this evaluation because you are a teacher?

Are you a parent?

Obama is the best candidate.

You are to accept this evaluation BECAUSE I know what is really happening, BT. You do not.

Having no children really does not matter in this discussion. No, I was not able to have children.

Cynthia

« Reply #158 on: July 04, 2008, 12:07:44 AM »
Your "disappointment" has manifested into pretty transparent hatred, Cynthia.  And IMHO, its apparently really screwing with your ability to be objective, on a whole host of issues.  Just though I'd let you know

Oy ::)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #159 on: July 04, 2008, 12:20:58 AM »
You are to accept this evaluation BECAUSE I know what is really happening, BT

Do you?

Why would you say students are over tested when they are tested because of the NCLB one time a year?

Why would you say the NCLB is the reason teachers teach to the test, when the NCLB has no such requirements?

Why would you say schools are punished for poor performance when the facts show poorly performing schools are given more funding?

Why should your evaluation be accepted when you misstate so many facts?

Cynthia

« Reply #160 on: July 04, 2008, 12:32:08 AM »
I do. This is getting to be a contest between your lack of knowledge of the situation and the your need to argue.

The act has attempted to heal the system that is the DOE.

The act has missed the mark.

I see it.

You don't.  The children are tested more than necessary. I see it. You don't.

End of discussion.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #161 on: July 04, 2008, 12:34:46 AM »
The children are tested more than necessary. I see it. You don't.

Once a year is too often? What's the "right" amount? One test every 5 years? One test during their entire 12 years?
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Cynthia

« Reply #162 on: July 04, 2008, 12:40:12 AM »
The children are tested more than necessary. I see it. You don't.

Once a year is too often? What's the "right" amount? One test every 5 years? One test during their entire 12 years?

Testing has taken the front seat to the point where we are not only assessing weekly, but daily, Ami. Teachers are subjected to collecting data on every single vowel or mathematical digit each and every week. Then there are the montly tests. THen there are the standardized tests, the district tests. We must schedule in time for assessment more so than for the subjects of writing, science and social studies.

All well and fine if the goal of the school is to bring up scores for a purpose...and to bring up such scores for only these two subject areas; reading and math.

But kids lose out on so much. No time for the other areas of education.

and why?
NCLB act.
Fine act, indeed, but it is severly broken. You will hear back from me on this issue after the election and after the act has been changed to support all involved...not just the government.

I blame the Rep. on this one. They hate the NEA.

Talk about your HATE.
That's a shame.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 12:43:39 AM by Cynthia »

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #163 on: July 04, 2008, 12:42:03 AM »
Testing has taken the front seat to the point where we are not only assessing weekly, but daily, Ami. Teachers are subjected to collecting data on every single vowel or mathematical digit each and every week. Then there are the montly tests. THen there are the standardized tests, the district tests. We must schedule in time for assessment more so than for the subjects of writing, science and social studies.

NCLB mandates testing once a year. Any additional testing is not due to NCLB.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Cynthia

« Reply #164 on: July 04, 2008, 12:46:08 AM »

NCLB mandates testing once a year. Any additional testing is not due to NCLB.

Well, then there is a severe miscommunication between what you HAVE googled and the truth.

again, you claim to know, based on your one time shot on this Ami, but you are not living in my world.

The NCLB act is in need of some serious changes. The video that I posted with Obama's complete and honorable knowledge on the subject speaks volumns.

Even McCain has admitted the act is in need of change.

There are issues that are obviously there in my world....in the classroom, and yes, they stem from teh NCLB act.

You can stand on that platform all you want, You will provide all the so called evidence you want...and there will also be counter evidence that proves otherwise. You and BT are not in the business or world of a high profiled and skilled politician nor are you anywhere near the classroom on the ground floor.  Somehow the link between what the NCLB requires and what is happening on the ground does not match up.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 12:51:39 AM by Cynthia »