Author Topic: Ha ha ha LMFAO  (Read 7071 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Ha ha ha LMFAO
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2010, 12:27:35 PM »
<<Does that mean anti-Semiticism is OK as long as it is not always acted upon?>>

I mean that it's unavoidable.  Obviously the world would be a better place without it, but what's the point of getting all bent out of shape about something that's always gonna be with us?  Of course it can't be permissible to act upon it, in anything but a purely social context.

<<Would not the same apply to racism?>>

Anti-Semitism IS racism.  It's racism directed at a particular target.

<<or is anti-Semiticism the lesser sin?>>

Same thing.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2010, 02:23:07 PM »
Then can you explain why you are willing to give Hillary a pass but not someone like Trent Lott.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2010, 02:27:43 PM »
D'OH
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2010, 04:03:51 PM »
<<Then can you explain why you are willing to give Hillary a pass but not someone like Trent Lott.>>

Easy.  The blacks are still suffering the effects of racism and slavery.  They've got a long way to go before they pull themselves out of the shit-hole that Whitey dug for them.  It's despicable to kick them in the teeth as they're still trying to clamber up out of American racist hell.

The Jews don't give a shit.  Hillary doesn't like us?  Too fucking bad.  Some of us don't like her either.  Whaddaya gonna do?

Besides, I don't even know that Hillary DOES have a thing about Jews.  The only evidence of it that I've seen is Dick Morris, and it's about as non-specific and vague as you can get.  Could be everything and could be nothing.  In view of all the good causes she worked for in her lifetime, it's kind of hard to envisage her as a Nazi bitch in SS uniform.  Trent Lott praised Strom Thurmond, who opposed federal anti-lynching legislation.  From "having a thing" to professing admiration for the protection of lynch mobs?  No-brainer.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2010, 04:25:01 PM »
Sometime during the seventies, Thurmond moderated his views on race. He was the first southerner to hire a black staffer. He also supported the Martin Luther King holiday.

Some racist.

http://www.examiner.com/x-24794-American-History-Examiner~y2010m1d14-Strom-Thurmond

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2010, 04:47:10 PM »
<<Sometime during the seventies, Thurmond moderated his views on race. He was the first southerner to hire a black staffer. He also supported the Martin Luther King holiday.>>

Sometime during the forties, Albert Speer moderated his views on race.  He courageously denounced Adolf Hitler and all the evil things he said and did.  He was the first Nazi war criminal to tell his story to a Jewish journalist, Gitta Serenyi.  He also supported the State of Israel.

<<Some racist.>>

Do you have ANY IDEA how fucking STUPID your defence of Strom Thurmond looks?  I mean the average 12-year-old could not possibly be taken in by this ludicrous play-acting, which you seem to have swallowed hook, line and sinker.  I assume you have never heard of setting your sails to the prevailing winds.

Besides which, when Lott regretted Strom's failure to win the Presidency, he was referring to Strom the Dixiecrat, not Stom the hirer of token blacks, Strom the "moderate."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2010, 04:57:08 PM »
Do you have ANY IDEA how fucking STUPID your defence of Strom Thurmond looks?  I mean the average 12-year-old could not possibly be taken in by this ludicrous play-acting, which you seem to have swallowed hook, line and sinker.  I assume you have never heard of setting your sails to the prevailing winds.

Fuck you.

Now that we have that out of the way, i guess you have never heard of evolving views.

Al Gore had them when he was against abortion before he was for it.

And that seems to be OK with you lefties.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2010, 02:11:44 AM »
<<Now that we have that out of the way, i guess you have never heard of evolving views.>>

Sure I have.  Look at how fast Albert Speer's views evolved once he figured out that Hitler was not going to rise from the dead.

<<Al Gore had them when he was against abortion before he was for it.>>

Yeah, his views evolved just like Albert Speer's and Strom Thurmond's.  Hey, I think evolution is beautiful.

<<And that seems to be OK with you lefties.>>

Wasn't OK with THIS leftie.  I didn't buy into Speer's "evolution" any more than I did into Thurmond's or any more than I do into Gore's.   I might not be the brightest bulb in the marquee, but I've got enough common sense and understanding of the real world to know hypocrisy and opportunism when I see them.  Just how fucking dumb do you really think I am?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2010, 02:25:58 AM »
Just how fucking dumb do you really think I am?

Not dumb but very judgmental and rigid.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2010, 02:39:39 AM »
Look, BT, I've been around.  And while I'm perfectly willing to cut a break for some underprivileged ghetto youth who's spent his entire formative years on the shitty end of the stick and never really had a chance, I DO NOT place a Nazi war criminal, the son of a well-to-do professional couple and a certified architect, or Albert Gore, the son and grandson of senators, to be in that same category.  They had every opportunity and yet they chose freely to follow dishonourable paths, in Speer's case, a path which his own father knew to be wrong.  Thurmond was as bad as any of them, his protection of lynch mobs by attempting to shield them from the course of justice was nothing more than open incitement, and he did not grow up in poverty or disadvantaged, at the shitty end of any stick.

Soft-hearted liberal tolerance of these examples of pure evil (or in Gore's case, of sordid hypocrisy) is a curse on the values of a nation and one reason for the current abominable state of national morality, where the prosecution of torturers (a treaty obligation!) is waived by a law professor on the grounds that it would be "looking backward."  Your mushy ethics aren't doing anybody any favours.

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2010, 03:44:22 AM »

Soft-hearted liberal tolerance of these examples of pure evil (or in Gore's case, of sordid hypocrisy) is a curse on the values of a nation and one reason for the current abominable state of national morality, where the prosecution of torturers (a treaty obligation!) is waived by a law professor on the grounds that it would be "looking backward."  Your mushy ethics aren't doing anybody any favours.

He sounds like a Christian fundamentalist decrying the supposed loss of morality brought on by the influence of secularism.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2010, 12:36:13 PM »
<<He sounds like a Christian fundamentalist decrying the supposed loss of morality brought on by the influence of secularism.>>

Just for the record I'm decrying a very obvious total absence of public morality brought on by cowardice.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2010, 01:22:07 PM »
Wow.  Starts responding to Prince, while using a 3rd party to make personal insults on me for the same thing he was supposedly ignoring Prince for originally

Interesting disconnect in play
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2010, 01:26:22 PM »
And while I'm perfectly willing to cut a break for some underprivileged ghetto youth who's spent his entire formative years on the shitty end of the stick and never really had a chance,

How patronizing.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2010, 01:42:43 PM »
What would you expect from one who's self proclaimed as so much "better than you"?