Author Topic: Obama's Charm: "It's All Gone"  (Read 5795 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Obama's Charm: "It's All Gone"
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2008, 11:52:42 PM »
The point being, the Federal Government should have as little a footprint as possible on our economy.  Some regulation and oversight yes, but largely in order to provent illegal practices from occuring, NOT to try aim the ecomomy where they want it to go.  That ususally results in even more bloated buracracy, innefficiency, and lost revenues.....and an even more tumbling U.S. $

================================================
Not true. Not even close to true.

During the Clinton years, we had the longest period of growth in the history of the US. It was due not so much to Clinton, but Greenspan fine-tuning the interest rates and making those weird cryptic remarks at which he excelled that prevented disruptive fluctuations in the market.

You want inefficiency, the Iraq War is a model of it. You want corruption, Halliburton's no-bid contracts are a great place to find them. And the economy is tanking because not even the US can fight a bazillion dollar war for five long years on credit.

The dollar did pretty much all the tumbling it has done since Juniorbush has been in power.

Clinton was far, far better at managing the economy, or more specifically, not screwing things up, than Juniorbush, who has been a disaster.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2008, 05:08:06 AM »
During the Clinton years, we had the longest period of growth in the history of the US. It was due not so much to Clinton, but Greenspan fine-tuning the interest rates and making those weird cryptic remarks at which he excelled that prevented disruptive fluctuations in the market.

Actually, that growth was largely due to the tech boom, that the Fed had nothing to do with, and the Fiscal discipline employed by the GOP majority congress, which also limited Fed involvement, and focused on primarily focused on paying bills like the rest of us

You want inefficiency, the Iraq War is a model of it.

Show me a war that excells at efficiency

You want corruption, Halliburton's no-bid contracts are a great place to find them.

You mean the same Halliburton employed by the Dems and Clinton??  So, you're advocating bringing Clinton to trial, then??

And the economy is tanking because not even the US can fight a bazillion dollar war for five long years on credit.

The economy is fluctuating, like it has for about a century now.  And newsflash, will continue to fluctuate, but will fluctuate less negatively with decreased Fed involvment

Clinton was far, far better at managing the economy, or more specifically, not screwing things up, than Juniorbush, who has been a disaster.

Well, that's 1 opinion
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Rich

« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2008, 02:25:12 PM »
>>Terrorism is just part of life.<<

This seems to be the mindset of the elitist left today. I suppose to them, suffering the death of a few thousand citizens every decade or so is an exceptable loss. Afterall, we deserve it, because we're doing all these horrible things around the world.

If you think about it, this is another example of how the elitist liberal thinks about the world. America's heartland is full of Bible thumping, gun worshiping, morons. The Middle East if full of bloodthirsty religious zealots unable to be anything else. So terrorism is simply a part of life just like global warming (::)).

The problem is terrorism is ratcheting up it's death count and will at some point have the capability of killing more than just three thousand humans at one time. But the elitist left closes it's eyes, sticks it's fingers in it's ears and hums. What accounts for their willful ignorance? Can they not see the obvious threat? Are they blind to what Europe is going through right at this moment?

Terrorism is just a part of life? Terrorism has nothing to do with life. We can't do nothing while monsters walk the Earth and plot to destroy us.

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2008, 02:41:24 PM »
If you think about it, this is another example of how the elitist liberal thinks about the world. America's heartland is full of Bible thumping, gun worshiping, morons.

This is a classic example of victimisation.

Notice the archetype "elitist liberal." Does such a person even exist? If so, what percentage of Americans does that even represent? How many hold this view?

I actually live right on the woods with acreage. I am a devout Catholic. What stereotype does that put me into?
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2008, 02:52:32 PM »
The economy is fluctuating, like it has for about a century now.  And newsflash, will continue to fluctuate, but will fluctuate less negatively with decreased Fed involvment
=====================================================
Total nonsense!

We all know what happens when the government refuses to act to limit the fluctuation of the marketplace. Panics, Crises, Recessions and Depressions, on the average of one boom and bust every seven years. If you study American history, you will know that is what happened.

Capitalism is a mechanism that needs to be managed. With computers and major quantities of data, this is now possible. No matter what you say, under both Republican and Democratic administrations, the economy will be managed to some degree by the Federal Reserve, which is not exactly a government agency, though the president does appoint the leader.

The president can still screw up the economy by printing money with nothing to back it up with and pissing it away on foolish wars and such, which is what is happening right now.

In the event you have not been awake since 2000, Juniorbush has furgled more with the economy since he took office than any other president in history, starting and ending his administration with givebacks or rebates. slashing taxes and mongering wars.

Rich

« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2008, 03:00:38 PM »
This is a classic example of delusion. Of course such a person exists. Barack Obama would be one, Mrs. Clinton another, and you JS would be another. As to the question of how many such people exist? I think it would be safe to say around 34 percent of the American electorate, and 100 of the Hollyweird crowd.

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2008, 03:13:19 PM »
This is a classic example of delusion. Of course such a person exists. Barack Obama would be one, Mrs. Clinton another, and you JS would be another. As to the question of how many such people exist? I think it would be safe to say around 34 percent of the American electorate, and 100 of the Hollyweird crowd.

Victimisation continues.

Poor Rich is being looked down upon by the mean elitist liberals who make fun of his religious beliefs and his lack of intellect.  :'(

I'm not buying it. I mean this with all sincerity Rich - find your bollocks and move on. Being a perpetual victim is no way to live life. You can do better than that. You can also do better than continually setting up these strawmen to knock over.

You're not some rebel because you own a firearm. You are no more a Christian than I. And if you feel continually looked down upon intellectually, I'd suggest the problem lies with your own insecurities and not some "liberal elite" that debatably exists outside of Ann Coulter's mind.
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

Rich

« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2008, 08:14:00 PM »
<chuckle>

Isn't amazing the lengths the left will go to excuse this sort of behavior? These are the people who claim to support the little man. The family man who struggles against the evil corporations to earn his daily bread. You know, the lunch pale folks who work all week and go to church on Sunday before watching the NASCAR race on TV. But as you can see, they despise the little man. All they want is his vote, so they pit their little men and women against others to keep the plantation full and their power intact. they see the country as a little sliver of blue on each and and the middle of the country as full of hicks and hayseeds to stupid to know what's good for them. Obama gave us a view into their world, and in fact, it sounded like something right out of the Communist Manifesto didn't it? The poor stupid masses yearning for JS to set them free from the oppression heaped upon them by the evil capitalists?

Like a wise man once said, "they'll keep you doped with religion, sex and TV." Only the religion they push isn't real. It's humanism. It's false. Like Reverend Wright's brand of religion. Like the unity Obama preached. It's false.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2008, 08:20:26 PM »
=====================================================
Capitalism is a mechanism that needs to be managed. With computers and major quantities of data, this is now possible. No matter what you say, under both Republican and Democratic administrations, the economy will be managed to some degree by the Federal Reserve, which is not exactly a government agency, though the president does appoint the leader.

Somehow Xo must have missed the part where I said the Fed needs to have little a footprint as it relates to economic intervention (translated, that doesn't mean zero footprint).  And Xo further reinforces my point that if allowed the Fed could royally screw up the economy, thus even more reason for minimal involvement

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2008, 09:06:20 PM »
And Xo further reinforces my point that if allowed the Fed could royally screw up the economy, thus even more reason for minimal involvement
=======================================
So if anything or anyone COULD screw up something else, it should be FORBIDDEN to have any
control?

You, for example, COULD kill dozens with your car, so therefore you should be forbidden to drive?

Faulty logic. Typical of fools who believe in economic theories drawn on restaurant paper napkins.

Someone or something other than blind chance needs to have a goodly amount of control over the economy. Left to random acts, there woill be a crisis every five to seven years. This is historically what has happened, and what is most likely to happen.

fatman

« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2008, 10:18:46 PM »

What you're seeing with Obama is what we see in here on a regular basis. The left throws out platitudes to the average man and woman while in private they despise them for their ignorance,  belief in God, and reliance on something other than government and the good graces of liberals for their daily bread. As I said, we see it here. The attacks on the south and it's citizens. The ridicule of religious believers. Obama has unwittingly given us a glimpse into what he really thinks about all those redneck racists out there who are stupid enough to vote for him.

But here's more proof of what I said earlier. It's typical of liberals to feel superior to others and look down their noses at people. X has written his bigotry down for the internet to see. I couldn't have written it better myself. It's the bigotry and hate that's at the heart of liberalism. Obama is no different than X in this regard.

Poor Rich, ridiculed for his beliefs.  Poor Rich, pious and innocent.  Poor Rich, oppressed by liberals.

Yeah, the same poor Rich that calls a woman poster a bitch and posts crap like this:  I wouldn't think you would be since I don't suck dick in the airport men's room or allow men to sodomize me.

Poor Rich, who gets all teary eyed when someone questions his beliefs, but then feels free to simplify someone else's into the most vulgar terms.

Forgive me if I don't get all misty here.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2008, 10:50:29 PM »
Obama was talking about people in small towns who have grown bitter because their lives are not going anywhere and they seek consolation in fundie religion, gun rights (which is not the same as hunting), and blaming foreigners and illegal aliens in particular for their woes. Such people exist, and I fail to see how anyone could deny this. He was not talking about rednects, but presumably about small town and rural Pennsylvanians and how to appeal to them in his campaign.

By definition, those who rule any society are members of some sort of elite. One would expect the politicians to run the country to understand the various groups that make up said country better than the average citizen.

When Senator Roman Hruska of Nebraska said that Harold Carswell, who was referred to as mediocre should be a Supreme Court justice because mediocre people needed representation on the Court, he was rightfully laughed out of office, because we should elect our best people to run the nation, not some average Joe Sixpack.

The difference between the Democrats and the Republicans tends t5o be that the Democrats tend to be more of a meritocracy, that selects the best and the brightest, while the Republicans select those who pass a loyalty test to the economic oligarchy that actually runs the country first. They actually favored a buffoon like Juniorbush, who had never shown any special ability at anything over John McCain, because Juniorbush was predictably a total and unquestioning whore of the oligarchy and McCain had been known to have a few original thoughts, such as those concerning campaign reform and some degree of reconciliation with the Communist govt of Vietnam.

Rich

« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2008, 11:48:15 PM »
>>, Halliburton's no-bid contracts are a great place to find them.<<

I wonder if he knows the reprobate Bill Clinton handed out no bid contracts to Halliburton also.

Of course not ...

Rich

« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2008, 11:49:11 PM »
I see my stalker is back.

::)

Rich

« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2008, 11:50:56 PM »
>>Obama was talking about people in small towns who have grown bitter because their lives are not going anywhere and they seek consolation in fundie religion, gun rights (which is not the same as hunting), and blaming foreigners and illegal aliens in particular for their woes.<<

No shit brainiac.

::)