Author Topic: "Looks like our increase is going to be a minimum of 31.3%"  (Read 2303 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: "Looks like our increase is going to be a minimum of 31.3%"
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2016, 09:07:52 PM »
Sorry if the truth hurts, and trashes all sense of what your blinding ideological template is supposed to adhere to. I live it.  And the absolute WORST thing to have happen to the quality of care to our patients, is putting the Government, which has already screwed our healthcare system beyond repair, in charge of all of it
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2016, 12:00:45 AM »
  The epipen lost its competitor.

There is government protection of monopoly , there is tort abuse , there is exorbitant charging for malpractice insurance, and in spite of all we get mistakes and neglect that make medical error a greater cause of death than firearms plus drowning.

I can imagine that much improvement is possible in regulation and in best practices.

I do not think I have seen such improvements in the last six years.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2016, 10:30:33 AM »
The major improvement in the past six years is that another 15% of the population now has health insurance. I have a Medicare Advantage Plan and it is run very well and is way better than the crappy cheapo plans my college had.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2016, 12:21:47 PM »
The major improvement in the past six years is that another 15% of the population now has health insurance.

Which could have been addressed with perhaps 3 to 4 pages of legislation.  Instead, we were force fed a 2000+ page monstrosity of regulation, after regulation, after regulation, after regulation, after mandate, after mandate, after mandate, after mandate, breaking every promise of keeping your doctor, keeping your insurance, and lowering healthcare costs, and instead has exponentially screwed the quality of that care being provided, that I've been privvy to, while the cost & premiums skyrocket.  But yea, a few more people have that crappy Government mandated healthcare now, than before
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 01:57:18 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle