Author Topic: I think modern medicine will lose to witchcraft  (Read 1850 times)

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
I think modern medicine will lose to witchcraft
« on: August 19, 2016, 05:11:54 PM »
Dirung the olympic I've read several articles about the science community slamming athletes using cupping . A chinese technique that helps people's recovery.

I find this sad and funny. Since i use cupping. The problem is modern medicine does not as rule treat pain or discomfort very well and tend it place it in the low priority catagory.

So until physical pain is finally given attention we folks will eventually listen someone promising relief. I was actually able to walk normal from my treatments. Modern medicine did not

It maybe  in my mind but exactly what reason should people not got to quacks if the regular stuff isn't causing the pain to go away. How is living in pain a good idea. Notice rhe massive amounts of commercial about pain relief.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: I think modern medicine will lose to witchcraft
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2016, 05:52:45 PM »
Cupping is not witchcraft. It is impossible to sell cupping as a commercial product, unlike Tylenol or Advil.
Chinese medicine , such as acupuncture, Indian Aydurvedic medicine and a lot of herbal cures actually work, but the theory of why and how they work, does not match up with scientific explanations, so they are ignored or poo-poohed by purveyors of Western medicine .

T'aoist medicine is based on the five elements: fire, water, earth, metal and air. Since modern chemistry rejects the idea that these are elements (after all they are NOT elements), it rejects the cures based on them.

Research needs to be done on how effective cures really work:it would benefit us to  do this, but it would not benefit Pfizer, Smithkline, Merck and other corporations, because it could cost them profits.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2016, 01:08:50 PM »
Im using the word witchcraft as point how these seemingly useless practices are gain popularity. It just a critique on modern medicine and how little by little they lose trust from people.

On our end it does look like pain treatment is not exactly a priority .

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 09:01:43 PM »
Witchcraft involves magical incantations and such. T'aoist medicine and cupping are not witch craft. I have friends for whom acupuncture clearly has worked. I know cupping works in sucking the pus out of a boil.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2016, 07:17:49 PM »
Too literal. I'm just using it as a term. People do use it as a catch all for manythings.
I'm just saying the medical community will lose patient if they do not give more attention to problems considered minor to them . example pain

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2016, 07:28:24 PM »

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2016, 09:25:10 PM »
I'm just saying the medical community will lose patient if they do not give more attention to problems considered minor to them . example pain

=========================================
They allowed the drug companies to synthesize opiates to combat pain and as a result we have a HUGE drug addict problem.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2016, 09:35:04 AM »
That is likely one of the causes why they been holding been back treating pain for over a decade. The preference to pain over addiction is getting people to look for other options.

The origins of medications is a scarey thing. I actually hear people say where medicine comes from and actually treat themselves. Example  using bathroom bleach to whiten their own teeth. I Do NOT hear any of these people do  these treatments under the advice of anyone. I would not be surprised alot of people are injuring themselves

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2016, 05:49:04 PM »
No one can stop some fool from bleaching their teeth with Clorox.
Of course, if they are false teeth and they take them out first, then it is not such a big problem.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2016, 03:53:10 AM »
When it happen i also thought just one isolated fool bleaching his teeth. Then lately i noticed way to many people giving dangerously fatal advice about giving up my meds.vitamin store clerks are starting to appear to think they know more than doctors.

I do blame doctors seeming to appear very infective at thier jobs. It feeds into these quacks opportunity

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2016, 10:28:21 AM »
I do blame doctors seeming to appear very infective at thier jobs. It feeds into these quacks opportunity

The GP's that I have had have been excellent at informing me about everything I asked them.
But I don't think they are typical. For the past 25 years, I have had two GP's and whenever I feel bad, I see them in addition to three or four regularly scheduled visits per year. They prescribe a medicine, I take it and I get well, so far 100% of the time.

I got tired of the GP's assigned to me making appointments aT 9am when they knew they would not enter the office until 10:00 AM. I wrote down the names and addresses of about 25 doctors on the HMO list and checked out their offices. Anyone who had more than six people waiting, I scratched off the list. Any office that had the appointment secretary hiding behind a sliding glass porthole, I scratched off the list. If I cannot see a human face, I will be considered to be an object, if they do not want me to see them, I am not going to bother to see them, either.

That left me with five doctors. I asked patients in the waiting room about their experiences, and eventually chose Dr Kamermann, who never kept me waiting more than 15 minutes in 15 years. Unfortunately, he died. His wife was from the Panamanian elite and did not cook, and he was quite obese, because they ate all their meals in restaurants.

So I repeated the search process. Luckily, the Chinese couple (both MDs) who run the clinic where I go for Silver sneakers exercises have a good record for not making me wait and for excellent doctors. My current doctor is an Iranian, who is a very kind and thoughtful fellow. If he is even five minutes late, he apologizes.

Before that I had a string of doctors who were too busy to bother with asking questions and who hired bossy bitches to handle appointments.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2016, 11:25:55 AM »
Im even more careless im not picky at all. I just take what's available. My doctor does the best she can but it's obvious she got limits. Since my condition is so fatal i know i get the best possible attention. Nobody can afford to slack off around me. But even still i get the impression how little they care about pain.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2016, 08:34:47 PM »
I do not have any pain problem that Ibuprofen has not solved, except once, when I drank some bad mango juice several years ago.

I forced myself to barf it up and drank a couple of swigs of Mylanta. It lasted about three hours.