Author Topic: McCain slams North Carolina Republicans  (Read 1405 times)

Rich

McCain slams North Carolina Republicans
« on: April 26, 2008, 09:57:39 PM »
McCain slams North Carolina Republicans

Republican US presidential candidate John McCain accused North Carolina's Republican Party of being "out of touch with reality" over its refusal to pull an advertisement criticising Democrat Barack Obama.

In an NBC interview, the Arizona senator said he has done all he can to persuade the state party to cancel the television ad that criticises Obama as "too extreme" because of controversial remarks made by his former pastor, the Reverend Jeremiah Wright.

"They're not listening to me because they're out of touch with reality and the Republican Party. We are the party of Abraham Lincoln, Theodore Roosevelt and Ronald Reagan and this kind of campaigning is unacceptable," McCain told NBC's Today Show.

"I've done everything that I can to repudiate and to see that this kind of campaigning does not continue," he added.

Asked if the state party's unwillingness to heed his call raised questions about his leadership, McCain replied: "I don't know exactly how to respond to that."

North Carolina is one of two states holding the next crucial Democratic primaries on May 6 in the tight race between Obama and New York Senator Hillary Clinton to oppose McCain in the November presidential election.

Obama, an Illinois senator who would be the first black US president, has come under fire for attending Wright's church in Chicago where the fiery black preacher made a number of racially charged statements about the United States.

Wright, who is now retired, said in a PBS interview that people are trying to paint him as "some kind of fanatic".

The McCain campaign said it had been assured that North Carolina Republicans would withdraw the TV ad, scheduled to air early next week.

But the state party served notice that the ad would air. A YouTube.com version has appeared on the party's website at www.ncgop.org with an invitation for visitors to contribute money.

Rich

Re: McCain slams North Carolina Republicans
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 09:58:40 PM »
This sort of does it for me and McCain. At this point in time, unless something changes, I'm not going to vote for him. I'm going to be a maverick, just like John.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 10:02:59 PM »
This sort of does it for me and McCain. At this point in time, unless something changes, I'm not going to vote for him. I'm going to be a maverick, just like John.

You just want Obama to win , so that you can complain about him.

Rich

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2008, 10:08:52 PM »
At this point I's probably be complaining about any of them. Besides, Obama can't win.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2008, 10:22:32 PM »
Besides, Obama can't win.

I think he can. He did well in Ohio where the Black vote is tiny but in the states where the black vote makes more diffrence he gets almost all of it , this might win three southern states for him , maybe more.

How many people will vote for him in leu of reparations?

If he could combine his money gathering power with the Hillary and Bill resorces he could outspend McCain , this is really likely because Hillary won't win the primary but will want to try again for the presidency in the future , she will turn into a team player so that there will still be a team there for her in 2012.

Rich

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2008, 10:24:28 PM »
He's an angry Black man. He'll never get white males to vote for him, so he'll lose. On top of that, he's a flaming liberal. Two strikes, he's out.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2008, 10:32:54 PM »
He's an angry Black man. He'll never get white males to vote for him, so he'll lose. On top of that, he's a flaming liberal. Two strikes, he's out.

A lot depends on things that haven't happened yet.

Obama needs to paint himself as reasonable , moderate , calm , fair a good president for each voter who might vote for him. If he can't do that I will admit you are right.

I am a rageing rightist myself so he can't loose my vote , or worry about ever haveing it , but arn't most Americans right in the middle and willing to vote a bit to the side of themselves?

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2008, 12:10:49 AM »
mccain is playing a win/win card
mccain will benefit by this group exposing the "Trojan Horse" a.k.a. Obama
and mccain wins by demanding they pull the ad by looking bipartision

McCain Lifetime Conservative Rating = 83%
Obama Lifetime Conservative Rating = 8%

Rich.....really it's a no brainer.
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2008, 12:33:02 PM »
and mccain wins by demanding they pull the ad by looking bipartision

that is his best bet for winning.

Rich

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2008, 04:23:15 PM »
>>that is his best bet for winning.<<

I doubt that.

McCain seems to revel in his "maverick" label, except when it comes to what he wants. Apparently Republicans who disagree with him are unacceptable and out of touch. Not a smart move when his credentials are already more than just little shaky. He also seems to think his "bipartisanship" will the democrats over to his oh so reasonable side on the issues. If he believes that he's a fool and shouldn't be elected to anything let alone the presidency. The left doesn't believe in bipartisanship. To them, bipartisanship means coming over to their side. They never move away from their own partisanship. Never. McCain seems to think he doesn't need conservatives to win this election so he feels free to call them out of touch and unacceptable and believes there won't be consequences. Once again, he's a fool. The left will smile in his face and tell him how wonderful he is to tell off those bad conservatives and when he turns his back, they do exactly what the Viet Cong did to him, but they'll enjoy it more.

No, at this point I'm looking at possible write in candidates. Hey prince, who are the losertarians putting up this time? Maybe I can help him reach 1 percent!

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2008, 04:34:08 PM »
I doubt that.

McCain is running for President.

He isn't running for designated thumper.

He already has a rep for a bad temper.

Right now he should be highlighting his congenial side.

Let the dems revel in their own nastiness as they fight over the nomination.

Rich

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2008, 04:41:45 PM »
I don't see what's so egregious about the add that he felt it necessary to call his fellow Republican names. In fact, I say there was nothing in it that was out of bounds at all. But McCain is always willing to suck up to the left and to the press. He's always more than willing to be the maverick rather than be loyal to his party.

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2008, 04:47:43 PM »

Hey prince, who are the losertarians putting up this time? Maybe I can help him reach 1 percent!

Ahem. I don't know, since I am not affiliated with a group by that name. The Libertarian Party (of which I am also not actually a member) on the other hand, has not had its convention yet. Last I heard, Wayne Allyn Root was the front runner for the LP nomination. You may have seen him on Fox News Channel, usually discussing sports but occasionally discussing politics. There are wild rumors that former Republican congressman, and recent new member of the LP, Bob Barr will attempt to get the LP nomination. You may remember Bob Barr was one of the folks who led the charge to impeach President Clinton. Anyway, these rumors got a boost when Barr recently started a Presidential exploratory committee. Mike Gravel is also in the running, but he's got no chance, and I doubt much support from LP members either. Anyway, the LP convention is about a month away.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2008, 05:52:17 PM »

Hey prince, who are the losertarians putting up this time? Maybe I can help him reach 1 percent!

Ahem. I don't know, since I am not affiliated with a group by that name. The Libertarian Party (of which I am also not actually a member) on the other hand, has not had its convention yet. Last I heard, Wayne Allyn Root was the front runner for the LP nomination. You may have seen him on Fox News Channel, usually discussing sports but occasionally discussing politics. There are wild rumors that former Republican congressman, and recent new member of the LP, Bob Barr will attempt to get the LP nomination. You may remember Bob Barr was one of the folks who led the charge to impeach President Clinton. Anyway, these rumors got a boost when Barr recently started a Presidential exploratory committee. Mike Gravel is also in the running, but he's got no chance, and I doubt much support from LP members either. Anyway, the LP convention is about a month away.

I would not have guessed that Bob Barr would be Libertarian materiel  , does one of these canadates really exemplify Libertarian thinking?

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2008, 06:00:15 PM »

I would not have guessed that Bob Barr would be Libertarian materiel  , does one of these canadates really exemplify Libertarian thinking?

Root is quite libertarian as I recall. Barr, not so much, but then his positions seem to be changing. Gravel, no, not really.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--