Author Topic: Hell yeah we need to assassinate this American citizen!  (Read 5042 times)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Hell yeah we need to assassinate this American citizen!
« on: May 23, 2010, 08:14:33 PM »

Yemeni cleric advocates killing US civilians

By Associated Press Writer Maamoun Youssef

CAIRO: An American-Yemeni cleric whose Internet sermons are believed to have helped inspire
attacks on the U.S. has advocated the killing of American civilians in an al-Qaida video released Sunday.

Anwar al-Awlaki has been singled out by U.S. officials as a key terrorist threat and has been added to
the CIA's list of targets for assassination despite his American citizenship
. He is of particular concern
because he is one of the few English-speaking radical clerics able to explain to young Muslims in America
and other Western countries the philosophy of violent jihad.

The U.S.-born al-Awlaki moved to Yemen in 2004 and is in hiding there after being linked to the suspects
in the November shooting at an Army base in Fort Hood, Texas, and the December attempt to blow up
a U.S. jetliner bound for Detroit.

"Those who might be killed in a plane are merely a drop of water in a sea," he said in the video in response
to a question about Muslim groups that disapproved of the airliner plot because it targeted civilians.

Al-Awlaki used the 45-minute video to justify civilian deaths "and encourage them" by accusing the
United States of intentionally killing a million Muslim civilians in Iraq, Afghanistan and elsewhere.

American civilians are to blame, he said, because "the American people, in general, are taking part in this
and they elected this administration and they are financing the war."

He added that the Prophet Muhammad also sent forces into battles that claimed civilian lives.

The video was produced by the media arm of al-Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula, though the exact nature
of al-Awlaki's ties with the group and possible direct role in it are unclear. The U.S. says he is an active
participant in the group, though members of his tribe have denied that.

For its part, al-Qaida appears to be trying to make use of his recruiting power by putting him in its videos.
Its media arm said Sunday's video was its first interview with the cleric.

In the months before the Fort Hood shooting, which killed 13 people, al-Awlaki exchanged e-mails with the
alleged attacker, U.S. Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan. Hasan initiated the contacts, drawn by al-Awlaki's Internet
sermons, and approached him for religious advice.

Yemen's government says al-Awlaki is also suspected of contacts with Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab,
the Nigerian accused in the failed attempt to blow up the Detroit-bound airliner on Christmas Day.
Abdulmutallab traveled to Yemen late last year, and U.S. investigators say he told them that he
received training and his bomb from Yemen's al-Qaida offshoot.

In Sunday's video, al-Awlaki praised both men and referred to them as his "students."

Speaking of Fort Hood's Hasan, the cleric said, "What he did was heroic and great. ...
I ask every Muslim serving in the U.S. Army to follow suit
."

Al-Awlaki appears in the video wearing a white Yemeni robe, turban and with a traditional
jambiyah dagger tucked into his waistband.

Al-Awlaki was born in 1971 in New Mexico. His father, Nasser al-Awlaki, was in the United States
studying agriculture at the time and later returned with his family to Yemen to serve as agriculture minister.
The father remains a prominent figure in Yemen, teaching at San'a University in the capital.

The younger al-Awlaki returned to the United States in 1991 to study civil engineering at Colorado State
University, then education at San Diego State University, followed by doctoral work at George Washington
University in Washington, D.C.

He was also a preacher at mosques in California and Virginia before returning to Yemen in 2004.

"We have had more freedom in America than in any Muslim country," he said in Sunday's video.
"But when America started to feel the danger of Islam's message, it tightened limits on freedom,
and after 9/11 it was impossible to live in America as a Muslim."

Al-Awlaki is believed to be hiding in Yemen's Shabwa province, the rugged region of towering mountains
that is home to his large tribe.

White House spokesman Robert Gibbs said Sunday on CBS television that the U.S. is "actively trying to
find" al-Awlaki. He added that the Obama administration will continue to take action directly against
terrorists like al-Awlaki, and keep the U.S. safe from what Gibbs calls "murderous thugs."

Yemen, which has cooperated with the United States in battling al-Qaida, says it is searching for the cleric.

Al-Awlaki said he was moving from place to place under the protection of his tribe.

Accusing al-Awlaki of involvement in planning and operations by al-Qaida, the Obama administration
placed him on a target list of terrorists to be killed or captured
, a senior U.S. counterterrorism official
said last week. The official spoke on condition of anonymity in order to discuss intelligence matters.

"As for the Americans, I will never surrender to them," he said. "If they want me, they have to search
for me and God is the one who decides my fate."

http://tinyurl.com/37ude32
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 09:17:33 PM by ChristiansUnited4LessGvt »
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Hell yeah we need to assassinate this American citizen!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 09:45:16 PM »
"We have had more freedom in America than in any Muslim country," he said in Sunday's video.
"But when America started to feel the danger of Islam's message, it tightened limits on freedom,
and after 9/11 it was impossible to live in America as a Muslim."

Hard to beleive that he admitted this so frankly.

That the effect of attacking America isn't positive for Muslims?

How come he still advocates more of the same when he seems to almost get the cause and effect relationship of all the previous effort?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 09:33:16 AM »
It is apparently NOT impossible to live in the US as a Muslim, as there are well over a million people doing it.

I imagine that one day we will hear that he had an unfortunate contact with a drone.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 02:26:47 PM »
<<Accusing al-Awlaki of involvement in planning and operations by al-Qaida, the Obama administration
placed him on a target list of terrorists to be killed or captured, a senior U.S. counterterrorism official
said last week. The official spoke on condition of anonymity in order to discuss intelligence matters. >>

Accusing is one thing, proving it is something entirely different.

If they feel that Awlaki planned criminal ops by al-Qaeda, let them put him on trial and prove it.  Otherwise, he's presumed innocent.  How the hell can they justify executing the guy because some fucking bureaucrat has decided that he planned or executed criminal operations?

You guys are really going backward at the speed of light.  How much of the Bill of Rights are you prepared to sacrifice for this phony "War on Terror?"  All of it?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 11:02:55 PM »
  If he wants a trial , let him screw his courage to the sticking place and present himself to a US marshal, then nothing could prevent his trial.

If he stays on the lam he is liable to be brought in dead or alive , just as many other fugitives are liable to be.

Why are you pretending that this is new or unusual? What happens when the RCMP finds someone resisting arrest?

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 11:29:38 PM »
I am slightly surprised that Michael Tee is the only one to address the title of the thread. No one else is bothered by it?
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2010, 12:46:48 AM »
I am slightly surprised that Michael Tee is the only one to address the title of the thread. No one else is bothered by it?

What is bothersome?

How was Clyde Barrow brought in for trial?

Pretty Boy Floyd?

"Baby Face" Nelson?

John Herbert Dillinger ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pretty_Boy_Floyd

http://www.fbi.gov/libref/historic/famcases/babyface/babyface.htm

http://www.famoustexans.com/clydebarrow.htm

This guy is marked for death , no more or less than anyone elese that ever made the ten most wanted , if he wants a trial he can certainly get one , if he can make a trial impossible then what is possible will be done.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2010, 10:12:02 AM »
<<If he wants a trial , let him screw his courage to the sticking place and present himself to a US marshal, then nothing could prevent his trial.>>

What bullshit.  There aren't even any outstanding charges against him, what is he going to present himself to a U.S. marshall for, to find out what part of the "kill or capture" order the marshall decides to enforce?

They have no interest in bringing this guy to trial, because they'll never convict him of a God-damn thing, all he's been doing is expressing his Constitutional right of free speech.

There are international courts of justice that were good enough for the architects of the Rwandan genocide, which was a far deadlier crime than Awlaki's alleged misdeeds.  His life wouldn't be worth a plugged nickel in the U.S. "justice" system, which tortures and murders alleged "terrorists" (i.e. anyone resisting U.S. hegemony) but if the U.S. is truly interested in prosecuting this guy in a fair trial (a joke since they never brought any charges against him anyway) why wouldn't they charge him in the World Court at The Hague, where he'd be far more likely to appear and defend?

<<If he stays on the lam he is liable to be brought in dead or alive , just as many other fugitives are liable to be.>>

Fugitive from what?  There have to be charges laid and summonses issued before anyone becomes a "fugitive."  And even if there were, why on earth would he turn himself in to a torturing, murdering American "security" apparatus? 

<< Why are you pretending that this is new or unusual? What happens when the RCMP finds someone resisting arrest?>>

Reasonable force is used to apprehend.  But never deadly force unless the arresting officers' lives are in immediate danger from the suspect.  Even then the object of deadly force is self-defence, not executing the arrest warrant.  Orders to "capture or kill" are NEVER issued, not in this country and not in the U.S.A.   What's unusual is that (a) an order to kill or capture is issued, (b) there has been zero attempt to have this guy brought to trial, no charges, no summons, no warrant, (c) there has been no extradition request to the host country (since there are no charges)  and (d) this is a U.S. citizen.

OF COURSE, this is "new or unusual."  It's a clean and total break with the entire legal history of the Republic.  Execution of a citizen by bureaucratic fiat?  Get real, plane, this has NEVER been done before. 

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2010, 11:49:24 AM »
at this very moment it`s not illegal,but if lives are endangered then free speech will not protect him.

it`s still illergal to say fire in a crowded area or threaten the president.

this can easily go to that area of free speech.

like those two student against southpark- if people died at comedy central then those guys should be in a world of trouble.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2010, 12:31:59 PM »
Tee is right here: the US government has not executed a citizen by fiat, ever. At least not officially. I believe that some Confederates might have been assassinated here and there, but presumably, they had renounced their citizenship.

The government could probably keep this guy's views off the Internet with help from Yemen. They could trace those who are listening to him and watch them very carefully. But I expect that their might be a drone in his future as well.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2010, 02:19:38 PM »

What is bothersome?

The fact that (apparently except for me) no one but Mr. Liquidate the Enemies of the People seems to see anything wrong with the idea of assassinating an American citizen without any attempt at due process. Michael Tee, I would expect to be for it, but he seems to be arguing against it. And everyone else seems to be giving it a pass as if the idea were no big deal. You, Plane, even tried to justify it to me. What is bothersome? This whole situation.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2010, 03:37:16 PM »
Would al-Awlaki qualify as a justified target if he were not a US citizen?

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2010, 04:45:55 PM »
You should know better than to ask me questions, BT.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2010, 05:09:21 PM »
Tee is right here: the US government has not executed a citizen by fiat, ever. At least not officially. I believe that some Confederates might have been assassinated here and there, but presumably, they had renounced their citizenship.

In Yemen in late 2002...I believe the CIA assassinated US Citizen Kamal Derwish.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 05:11:19 PM by ChristiansUnited4LessGvt »
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2010, 05:15:14 PM »
That was for the rest of the board.