Author Topic: head in sand  (Read 1496 times)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
head in sand
« on: April 18, 2008, 05:08:31 PM »
yeah lets stick our head in the sand
yeah lets cut & run in Iraq like LANYA, XO, and other Libs want
lets let Iran have Iraq
lets not bomb Iran
lets let Iran get Nukes
lets let them become an Islamic Military Superpower with Iraq's Oil
1 Islamic Republic causes all these problems
lets see what 5-10 Islamic Republics can do
lets pretend everything will be ok  ::)

Iran should defend Islamic world: top cleric 

Apr 18 07:30 AM US/Eastern

A high-ranking Iranian cleric on Friday said the country should grow into a military super power to defend all Muslims, following an army parade at a time of mounting tension with the West.

"In a not so distant future, we should reach a point to have the most powerful military equipment in the world so that no one even think about invading our borders." Ayatollah Ahmad Jannati said in his Friday prayer sermon carried live on state radio.

"And not only that of the Islamic republic, but also the borders of Islam ... We must defend oppressed Muslims everywhere so that the enemies do not dare to attack Afghanistan, Palestine and Iraq."

On Thursday's annual Army Day celebration in Tehran, dozens of fighter jets and other aircraft flew over the parade ground in a bid to show the power of the air force.

Also on display was Iran's Shahab-3 missile, whose range includes Israel and even the fringes of Europe.

The hardline cleric also vowed to cheering worshippers, who chanted "Death to America" and "Death to Israel," that their slogans will materialise.

"I tell you that the death of the United States has come. You shouted Death to the Shah and he died," Jannati said, referring to the monarch overthrown by the 1979 Islamic revolution and who died in exile.

"You say Death to Israel and it is dying. You say Death to America and it does not take so long that its death prayer will be said."

Iran has a longstanding policy of not recognising Israel, and its rhetoric against the country has sharpened during the presidency of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

The president has provoked international outrage by repeatedly predicting that Israel is doomed to disappear and talking about the collaps of great powers.

He courted more controversy by playing down the scale of the Holocaust.

Iran is at odds with the West over its disputed nuclear programme, which the United States and its allies fear could be used to make nuclear weapons. Iran insists it only wants to produce nuclear energy.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=080418112917.337ttr6z&show_article=1
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: head in sand
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 07:10:44 PM »
"I tell you that the death of the United States has come. You shouted Death to the Shah and he died," Jannati said, referring to the monarch overthrown by the 1979 Islamic revolution and who died in exile.

"You say Death to Israel and it is dying. You say Death to America and it does not take so long that its death prayer will be said."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
This is quite faulty reasoning on Jannati's part. The Shah was a rather elderly guy with cancer of the bunghole. Even if hew had never had cancer, eventually he would have died. He was born in 1919, so he would be 89 this year had he lived.

Israel is not dying, but the Arab population is growing at a faster rate than the increase in the Jewish population, so eventually it will have to stop being democratic or stop being a state where Jews are a privileged class.

The United States is not dying, and there is nothing that anyone could do to make it die. Certainly not Jannati. On the other hand, the US could not wipe out Iran, either.

I suppose he COULD say a death prayer. That does not take a lot of effort. But I tend to think that prayers are by nature non-fatal.

Laughter and ridicule are appropriate responses to guys like Jannati. We might point our fingers as we  laugh at him.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 10:26:59 PM »
...I tend to think that prayers are by nature non-fatal.

I tend to think they are pretty much a waste of time, except for whatever comfort those who utter them may derive from the hope that someone 'up there' might actually hear and answer them. Far be it from me, however, to deprive them of that small bit of comfort and hope.

"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 09:32:58 PM »
Oh i dunno, maybe you could find solace in this kind of prayer.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nH5ixmT83JE&feature=related[/youtube]

« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 09:37:22 PM by ChristiansUnited4LessGvt »
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987