Author Topic: Series of Afghan Failures Increasingly Difficult to Explain Away  (Read 1890 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Series of Afghan Failures Increasingly Difficult to Explain Away
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2010, 01:51:02 AM »
I better clarify.  My posts can be politically provocative.  If you believe in the U.S. military, then I guess it's provocative to see them described as thugs and murderers.  You are correct, my posts are provocative.  I'm never going to describe them (the U.S. military) as heroes, but of course you or anyone else is free to disagree and prove me wrong.  That's the essence of debate - - I say Chavez is a good guy, you say he's a bad guy.  Debate.  The U.S. is a great country/the U.S. sucks.  Debate.

What I meant in referring to "your provocations" was not provocative political opinion, but ad hominem personal attacks.  That's never supposed to be a part of the debating process, but against my better judgment I got sucked into them.  Big mistake.  If I can help it, THAT is not gonna happen again.  My posts, however, will be as politically provocative as I wish to make them.  That is not your fucking problem.  If you don't wish to respond with a counter-argument, then don't respond.  Like I give a shit.  But if you choose to respond with more of your personal bullshit, then fuck it, guy, I am just not going to bother.  Comprende?

BSB

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2010, 02:23:22 AM »
You're off on some trip snowblower. I never said a thing about Chavez. You spend your time in here throwing around so many insults you have no idea what I believe about anything.

I repeat. You're nothing but an insult machine.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2010, 06:53:59 AM »
<<You're off on some trip snowblower. I never said a thing about Chavez.>>

I used Chavez as an example, BSB.  It doesn't matter that you said anything about him or not.  I could equally well have used Hitler, Stalin, Kim Jong Il, George W. Bush, Alexander the Great, Louis XIV, King George III or Mother Teresa in the example and made the exact same point.

<<You spend your time in here throwing around so many insults you have no idea what I believe about anything.>>

Actually, BSB, I have a pretty good idea what you believe about a lot of things.  And I challenge you to find ONE insult that I "threw around" that was not a response to an insult directed at me.  Don't waste your time, 99% of the insults I "throw around" are purely retaliatory in nature, and as far as the 1% that were not, well, I apologize to the recipient if I haven't already done so.  I see you like to throw around a few insults yourself from time to time.  What is the fucking point of looking back and digging for grudges to hold against one another?  If somebody is truly not worth the effort, I just stop responding to them, as I've done in a few cases.  Believe me, it's no great loss but in your case for the time being, I think I can make the effort to ignore the insult and continue the exchange of ideas.  I have a very good idea where you're coming from.  You really should make the effort to see where I'm coming from.  I'm right and you are wrong, and you know it.

<<I repeat. You're nothing but an insult machine. >>

Repeat it all you like.  I don't insult anyone who hasn't insulted me first and now I'm not even going to insult them.  You don't seem to realize that the "insult machine" isn't exactly pushing apple pie, mum and the flag here, consequently it's always attracted more than its fair share of insults and abuse in the first place.   What is a pitching machine when it's not being fed any balls?