Author Topic: Pumped  (Read 1330 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Pumped
« on: August 26, 2008, 08:46:48 AM »
I just saw Obama's new commercial, and I'm pumped.  They show McCain and a voice tells you the guy doesn't know how many houses he has.  Then a line of script on the screen says "He owns seven houses."  Then some more stuff about how out of touch he is - - he thinks anyone making less than $5 million is middle class.  Then the voice says "McCain says the economy is strong.  Maybe it is for folks like him.  How is it for YOU?"

This stuff is good.  They asked about the housing gaffe on Leno and McCain starts blabbing about his days in jail as a war criminal, he didn't have a house then, he didn't even have a bed or a table, and he wasn't going through this for a house.  Frankly I think it went over like a lead balloon.  Folks are starting to get wise to his phony tales of woe in a POW camp.  No matter what you ask this guy about, he'll find a way to turn the conversation to his "suffering" in the POW camp and it's starting to wear a bit thin. 

And now I have a sense the attacks are just starting to sharpen up.  Saw one with that song "Don't know much about history . . . "  I think it's a Sam Cook song.  The one where the student doesn't seem to know much about anything except pussy.  they play it with rewritten words, "Don't know much about the price of gas, don't know what happened to the Middle Class" and on one side of the screen, some of McCain's more moronic quotes, like the one where he admits to knowing jack-shit about the economy, so at the end of the clip, you gotta believe this guy is a fucking moron.

I really have the feeling this morning, Obama's gonna find his groove.  Saw some re-runs of Michelle's convention speech and I thought it was great.  Up to now, Obama's been letting the right-wing crazies define him, and they had a field day.  He was "inexperienced," his wife was "unpatriotic" and he himself (gasp!! ) didn't wear a flag pin! ! !   eeeeek!!  Plus the most ludicrous and absurd charge of all, he was "elitist."  But last night, he came into focus, Michelle first, defining him, prepping the audience for his speech.  But Michelle really paved the way.  Through her eyes - - and she is so obviously home-spun American, all this "elitist" crap just blew away in the wind, the "elitist" husband and father (versus that cheating little weasel, McCain) the all-American success stories of two people who made it all on their own, without descending from a long line of slave-holders and admirals or beer baron crooks.  So I think people got a sense of cognitive dissonance - - here are the folks painted by conservatives on talk shows, in crudely-drawn cartoons, in chat groups, by right-wing radio hosts, as weird, un-American, poisonous alien strains and yet they see with their own eyes a couple of attractive, loving, well-adjusted and smart people, good parents of two lovely girls (what do the McCains produce, Barbie dolls and robotic stone-faced killers?) - - anyway, its the contrast between "See for yourself" and the Republican lies that their media churn out by the millions.  You know, this time reality is gonna win!!  Obama's rough times are over.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
Re: Pumped
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 08:58:06 AM »
Frankly I think it went over like a lead balloon.

The Mythbusters and their lead ballon:

Pretty cool episode.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZSkM-QEeUg[/youtube]
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 09:49:05 AM »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ioavsW0tgI[/youtube]

High Hopes

Beyond the horizon of the place we lived when we were young
In a world of magnets and miracles
Our thoughts strayed constantly and without boundary
The ringing of the division bell had begin

Along the long road and on down the causeway
Do they still meet there by the cut

There was a ragged band that followed in our footsteps
Running before time took our dreams away
Leaving the myriad small creatures trying to tie us to the ground
To a life consumed by slow decay

The grass was greener
The light was brighter
With friends surrounded
The night of wonder

Looking beyond the embers of bridges glowing behind us
To a glimpse of how green it was on the other side
Steps taken forwards but sleepwalking back again
Dragged by the force of some inner tide

At a higher altitude with flag unfurled
We reached the dizzy heights of that dreamed of world

Encumbered forever by desire and ambition
There's a hunger still unsatisfied
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon
Though down this road we've been so many time

The grass was greener
The light was brighter
The taste was sweeter
The nights of wonder
With friends surrounded
The dawn mist glowing
The water flowing
The endless river

Forever and ever

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 11:15:53 AM »
Get pumped all you want but Americans are smarter than the EU and Canadians. We are conservative. This nation was founded on Conservative values. We aren't shallow, hollow and weak. Yes some of us are but most of us aren't going to fall for Obama's lies. We get it and you don't...

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 12:36:06 PM »
Tee's just itching for anything close to that 10point Bump Obama's supposed to get from this election cycle's "America is a terrible place Convention"
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 02:31:45 PM »
<<Get pumped all you want but Americans are smarter than the EU and Canadians.>>

Whatever.

<< We are conservative. This nation was founded on Conservative values. >>

It was founded on Revolutionary values.  "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal."  In an age of kings and prelates, masters and slaves, there was NOTHING "conservative" about that.  It shook the fucking earth.

<<We aren't shallow, hollow and weak. >>

You (not you personally but your country) are not worthy to crawl in the shadow of the founders of your country.  They'd puke their guts out if they could see Bush and Cheney today.  They'd laugh their ass off if they heard your twaddle about "founded on Conservative values."  What the hell are they TEACHING you people?

<<Yes some of us are but most of us aren't going to fall for Obama's lies. We get it and you don't...>>

I don't give a shit anymore.  You either get it or you don't.  You can vote for McCain and be guaranteed four more years of Bush, I don't even have to enumerate the disasters you could expect from that, they've been gone over a million times, or you could vote for Obama and MAYBE, just MAYBE, he'll deliver on his initial promises.    If the national "security" apparatus and its apparatchiks let  him live long enough.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2008, 02:32:51 PM »
Thanks for the videos, Ami and BT. 

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2008, 04:34:44 PM »
Tee's just itching for anything close to that 10point Bump Obama's supposed to get from this election cycle's "America is a terrible place Convention"

Ouch
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2008, 05:13:46 PM »
Not every gamble pays off.  Maybe it will over time.  Biden could still earn his keep.

Cynthia

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2008, 08:11:46 PM »
Frankly I think it went over like a lead balloon.

The Mythbusters and their lead ballon:

Pretty cool episode.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZSkM-QEeUg[/youtube]

LOL ----Missed that one!

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2008, 12:07:12 AM »

It was founded on Revolutionary values.  "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal."  In an age of kings and prelates, masters and slaves, there was NOTHING "conservative" about that.  It shook the fucking earth.

Yes but now that we have it , we want to keep (conserve) it.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2008, 12:28:28 AM »
<<Yes but now that we have it , we want to keep (conserve) it.>>

Even if you have to resort to torture to do so.

Anyway.   What I wrote was in response to the asinine claim that the country was founded on conservative values.  Probably the most flat-out ignorant statement I can recall in this group.  I really had to wonder what the hell Americans are being taught in their schools

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2008, 12:29:36 AM »
Definately not the Constitution or U.S. History     :-\