Author Topic: Posturing as Rescuers...Uncle Sam's Day of Reckoning is At Hand  (Read 17573 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Posturing as Rescuers...Uncle Sam's Day of Reckoning is At Hand
« Reply #90 on: October 04, 2008, 01:50:00 PM »
I don't see you accepting a high price from me if you know that the same thing will be sold for less by someone elese , so I may own and controll the commodity , car or oil, but unless I controll all of it that is availible to you I do not controll what you will pay.

Typically, the salesman who wants to sell at a high price claims that he has better service (that's how Hank Hill peddles his propane) or a higher quality.  This COULD be true.

How many people would think to call the service dept of a prospective dealer and ask for an unusual part t see if they have it in stock, or ask for a price quote on a brake job? But that's how you check on service. Quality, well, that's for Consumer Reports to tell me about most of the time.

I don't consider a diamond to be essential for anything, so de Beers' crap won't work on me. There are topazes, rubies and very impressive CZ. The difficulty is that they have brainwashed about 99% of the women into thinking that only a diamond means *true love*

They weren't keepers, anyway.

There are diffrent qualitys of oil , but these quality diffrences are not secrets and the buyers can bring doctors of chemistry into advisement on the buy so the correction is exact.

I am not sure what diffrence service might make in this case , prompt delivery?

Oil is really too simple to hoodwink buyers very often , they know what the current price is when they buy .

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #91 on: October 04, 2008, 01:57:44 PM »
Why don't we just forget all about the mechanics of how cars or diamonds or oil is sold and concentrate on who gets to pocket the profits, which is the crux of the matter.

If Iraq suddenly finds itself selling its oil with a lot of unwanted and unasked for partners sharing the proceeds, it's pretty obvious, especially when the change from a state monopoly to a state partnering occurred after an armed invasion and occupation, that this is a rape and a robbery at the international level. 

Case closed.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: October 05, 2008, 12:34:23 AM »
Why don't we just forget all about the mechanics of how cars or diamonds or oil is sold and concentrate on who gets to pocket the profits, which is the crux of the matter.

If Iraq suddenly finds itself selling its oil with a lot of unwanted and unasked for partners sharing the proceeds, it's pretty obvious, especially when the change from a state monopoly to a state partnering occurred after an armed invasion and occupation, that this is a rape and a robbery at the international level. 

Case closed.

Yes a state monopoly in which the head of state could pile billions into pet projects, castles ,palaces, Cronys and Swiss Bank accounts.

Vs

Chooseing from clamoring bidders either the lowest bidder or the one that inspires best confidence.

Where is the smallest evidence of Saddams doing a better job as the state in person , than the Iriqui legislature that will have to stand for re-election?

Saddam had three decades to prove his ability , I don't think that Iriqui Democracy will need that long to do better.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: October 05, 2008, 01:10:03 AM »
<<Where is the smallest evidence of Saddams doing a better job as the state in person , than the Iriqui legislature that will have to stand for re-election?>>

Evidence was in free JK to grad school education for every citizen, including grad school abroad, free health care, safe streets and peace between all religious factions.  None of which you have now in Iraq, nor are you likely to get it any time soon.

I think you over-focus on the palaces of Saddam Hussein, the people had a good life-style and the ruler had a better one.   That's the way it is in the Middle East and quite frankly as long as the people are looked after, most of them don't give a shit that Saddam has fifty or a hundred palaces.  That's a really small, small fraction of the oil revenues.

Where's the evidence that admitting a bunch of multinational oil companies into a partnership with the state at the point of an invader's gun is going to produce better results for Iraqis than Saddam did?

Obviously there is not even a shred of evidence that the U.S. and Great Britain are genuinely interested in installing a democracy in Iraq.  They want a puppet government and are doing everything they possibly can to set one up.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: October 05, 2008, 08:30:19 AM »
Saddam was amazingly incompetent at getting the oil out of the ground and off to market before invading Kuwait. After the destruction cauised by that war, and the restrictions placed on Iraq, the situation was far worse. It would be possible to produce mpore oil, raise the standard of living of the average Iraqi to perhaps triple of what it is today, and still allow for the usual measure of Middle East graft. It isn;'t being done now because of the civil war that started when the US invaded.

Saddam screwed things up a lot, but the US invasion was even worse.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: October 05, 2008, 09:04:34 AM »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5z9lD4C2Io[/youtube]

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: October 05, 2008, 10:45:00 AM »
Typical ratwing claptrap.

for seven years, Juniorbush has had a veto.

But he's only used it for his goddamned war and other crap.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: October 05, 2008, 10:48:44 AM »
The video was hilarious, CU4.  EIGHT YEARS of Republican misrule under George W. Bush but the Democrats are responsible for the mess.  Eight years and the Republicans couldn't do a God-damn thing about it?

Who do you really think is going to buy that crap?

Bush fucked up on security - 9/11 happened on HIS WATCH.  Fucked up on Afghanistan, STILL hasn't caught Osama OR Mullah Omar.  Fucked up on Iraq majorly, STILL (and despite the lies of McCain and Palin) has NOT returned even to pre-surge troop levels there.  Fucked up on New Orleans and Katrina.  North Korea went nuclear on his watch.  Iran and Venezuela have basically told the U.S. to go fuck themselves, again on his watch.  Russia told the U.S. to go fuck themselves on his watch and invaded one of his allies without any repercussions.

So here is a guy who has fucked up on every issue that was handed to him, and yet you expect people to believe that, miraculously, he did NOT fuck up on the economy?  I mean, what are the odds?  And you further expect them to believe that after almost two full terms in office, it was the opposition's fault that the economy went south?  That his entirely unnecessary wars had nothing to do with any of it?

That video was good for laughs and nothing else.  You must be a very optimistic guy if you think anyone is going to fall for that crap.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #98 on: October 05, 2008, 11:06:43 AM »
That video was good for laughs and nothing else.  You must be a very optimistic guy if you think anyone is going to fall for that crap.

Christians is always an optimist. All his posts!  are exclamations!  Wow!

Like his thought that Jesus had anything to do with small government!

Like his thought that Republicans actually would shrink the size of government!

He might as well be "Dobermans for a safe feline environment".
"Cockroaches for sanitary kitchens".
"Pederasts for smoother bowel movements".

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: October 05, 2008, 12:17:41 PM »
<<Like his thought that Jesus had anything to do with small government>>

I really don't know what Jesus thought about small government, and I'm not even sure that he had ANY thoughts about it at all, because the Jews of his time must have had only two viable models of government to consider, Roman Empire on their backs or Roman Empire off their backs.

However, the thought reminded me of the claim by Bruce Barton, founder of the advertising agency BBD&O, that Jesus was the greatest businessman who ever lived.  Seriously, that was the theme of his 1925 book, The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived, a life of Jesus.  Jesus, according to Barton, was an organizing, sales and marketing genius who started a small organization that was eventually successfully marketed to the whole world.  The greatest advertising man in history.

Here's a Bruce Barton quote I just found by Googling:

<<Jesus picked up twelve men from the bottom ranks of business and forged them into an organisation that conquered the world. >>

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #100 on: October 05, 2008, 07:23:38 PM »
<<Jesus picked up twelve men from the bottom ranks of business and forged them into an organisation that conquered the world. >>

Paul, not Jesus, was responsible for Jesus' continuing popularity.

Jesus was  Jew and was pretty much unconcerned with Gentiles, who to him were either Roman oppressors or irrelevant. He did think that Samaritains (a disliked sect within Judaism) were worthy of first aid and decent treatment.

There were no Gentiles among the apostles. To become a Christian in the first decades, you first had to become a Jew, which meant (ouch!) circumcision, which also made you a marked man for life. The First Century equivalent of a particularly ugly nect tattoo in out times, at least.

Peter insisted on all Gentiles converting to Christianity having their tallywhackers altered. This resulted in very few male converts. Paul decided that Gentiles could remain intact, and managed to convince Peter of this.

Paul's protegee Timothy was so sincere in his faith that he circumcised himself. Imagine how itr made him feel when Peter and Paul decided to change the requirements...

Only an American could think of Jesus as a super salesman.

Incidentally, when a Christian tent evangelist started peddling Salad Magic cookware, after a stint at Tupperware, the seeds of Amway were born.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #101 on: October 06, 2008, 02:47:48 AM »
It's always intriguing to watch anti-Christian and/or anti-religious folk speak so ........... authoritatively about all facets Christianity
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #102 on: October 06, 2008, 09:40:02 AM »
It's always intriguing to watch anti-Christian and/or anti-religious folk speak so ........... authoritatively about all facets Christianity

This is like someone at the FDA beinbg blamed for being an expert on poison.
Unlike you, I have actually READ the Bible, The whole thing.
You could actually research how AmWay got started, but that would tax your tiny brain.

You have truly earned the title of slurs.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #103 on: October 06, 2008, 11:47:23 AM »
Nothing even remotely "like"
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: October 06, 2008, 01:21:02 PM »
<<It's always intriguing to watch anti-Christian and/or anti-religious folk speak so ........... authoritatively about all facets Christianity>>

Yeah, I know.  It's like watching knee-jerk anti-communists speaking so authoritatively about aspects of communism.

Jeeze, excuse me for expressing my opinion.  It IS the religion of the dominant culture in your little crypto-fascist Republic, so I guess I picked up a LITTLE bit of knowledge about it while passing through.

Have you any specific comments, rebuttals or otherwise to add to our opinions about the One True Religion, or are you going to follow your usual practice of "debating" by personal smears and innuendo?