Author Topic: France experiencing "Islamic-Creep"  (Read 5639 times)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: France experiencing "Islamic-Creep"
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2014, 09:57:22 AM »
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2014, 12:32:09 PM »
The largest pyramid, I believe is the Pyramid of the Sun in Teotihuacan, North of Mexico City. I have climbed it twice, and it is quite a tiring climb. I have seen lots of people get part of the way up, shake their heads and go back down. The steps are about a foot high each. One cannot perform this climb wearing rapster pants.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2014, 01:48:51 PM »
I`m try togo places that is physically not strenuous. but I find way too many people thinking all places are safe for that. simply not true. not going Thailand due to the heat somehow people don`t understand that.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2014, 02:20:35 PM »
You can certainly admire the Pyramids in Mexico without climbing them.

There is a great museum at Teotihuacan that is very impressive.

And there is also the Pyramid of the Moon for those who find the other one challenging. And lots of other ruins as well. At night, there is a light show.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2014, 09:15:54 PM »
XO do ever get sick (stomach issues) with the all travel you do?

I got sicker than hell in Jamaica the one time I ate off the resort.
I took some river cruise and ate some fresh fruit & some other items
and the next day I had the screamin squirts that lasted the rest of my trip.
Another guy in our party got sick too...

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2014, 12:38:52 AM »
travelling is not for the weak. the very reason I`m very picky where i go. just getting there is rough enough without worrying about the other details.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2014, 12:04:57 PM »
I have never stayed in any AI resort in my life. I'd as soon visit Disneyland.

I got a really awful case of amoebic dysentery in Tamazunchale, Tamps. driving down to Mexico City once.

I also ate some bad chicharrones in Juan Dolio, RD that took away my appetite for ten days. This was caused by some parasite. No more chicharrones for me. Mexicans cook them a lot better.

As a rule, for all diarrhea, I immediately take something. For respiratory things, I see a doctor after three days.  For diarrhea, a lot of medicines kill all the biota in your stomach, and then you can't digest properly, so the diarrhea symptom is still with you, but for another reason. The cure is to eat local yoghurt three times a day. There is a Swedish tablet that restores the beneficial digestive bacteria even more rapidly.

In the US, stupid laws make it impossible to buy anything that will cure you without a prescription. In Latin American counties, you can buy all the antibiotics and cold medicine you wish if you have the money. Pharmacists can be very helpful art diagnosing respiratory and stomach problems. In the DR, the local hospital will diagnose you for free, but you have to pay for the medicine. The medicine is price controlled, however, so you do not have to pay the same exorbitant prices as you do in the US (unless you have Medicare).

I lived in Mexico for  over three years total, and after a while, I never got ill more than in the US. Of course, if you ride a bus daily you will come in contact with several hundred people that you would not in the US. This makes you more prone to get ill at first, and much more resistant when you return to the US.

I have heard from several people that a visit to Japan, a very clean country, will still cause Americans to contract respiratory diseases that they have never come in contact with before.

Always peel fruit carefully, and avoid salad.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2014, 01:23:20 PM »
salad?

I got the worst case of diarrhea from eating a salad. I later learned most cases of food poisoning are from eating vegetables. vegetables has such a high rep for being healthy to eat that people skip cleaning them.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2014, 01:38:52 PM »
It is hard to remove bacteria from fresh veggies even if you clean them. Luckily, you do not have to kill or remove them all, just a critical mass of them.

I use a spray, then I rinse them off, and rarely have problems, though.

Restaurants should do this, but don't.

The problem is worse in the tropics, because bacteria grow more rapidly.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2014, 01:44:56 PM »
I know people who refuse to clean fruit picked up from the ground saying it`s organic.  that family is not doing well for various reason right now

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2014, 03:18:38 PM »
They are right, it is organic. The organisms in that fruit are quite happy to multiply in their stomachs.
Not everything organic is good for you.

A raw uncooked rat would be organic. Flies are organic. All bacteria are organic.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2014, 04:33:21 PM »
I`m trying to tie in this gluten free-organically grown food trend with the sudden interest with zombies and it`s starting to work. lets just say we really nned to stock up on canned foods at home.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2014, 06:20:04 PM »
There are no actual zombies.

I am not sure of what dangers are posed by gluten, either.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2014, 06:43:03 PM »
some people have a fatal reaction to gluten and some other has a minor reaction to it and it recently spur a trend that all gluten should be banned .for some reason vegans embraced to gluten free lifestyle and has pushed for everybody else to follow. I find this trend very strange since the bulk of Chinese vegetarian food is gluten based. I litterally eat gluten out of the can. it`s used as a meat substitute.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2014, 07:19:31 PM »
   I once stayed at Tzavo park in Kenya.
    Spent two nights in two different lodges , the rooms were small and simple but clean and comfortable, during the day we were driven all over  the park by some very brave drivers, too brave sometimes.

I had a great time and would like to do the same again, the animals are spectacular , even seen from a roofless van.

Once one of the lodges was featured on "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous" which I thought was really funny, but probably a good recommendation .

Then just a few years ago I read "A Primates Journal" which is a very entertaining work of non-fiction. But halfway in was the revelation that one of these lodges was buying tainted meat.

I might not have been at the same one , I didn't get sick , but I had a new feeling about how much I was trusting hotel cooks I never met.