Author Topic: Democrats' 180 on Bush's Secret Wiretapping Program  (Read 922 times)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Democrats' 180 on Bush's Secret Wiretapping Program
« on: August 07, 2007, 01:00:33 AM »
Democrats' 180 on Bush's Secret Wiretapping Program
Monday, August 06, 2007

Remember the impeach Bush movement?

John Conyers, the Democrat from Michigan, was going to open hearings into a basket-load of Bush offenses. Principle among them was that Bush had violated the Constitution by secretly establishing the terrorist security program. This was the secret mission of the National Security Agency to listen to phone conversations between America and certain foreign countries where certain terrorists are known to be from.

Oh my lord, the hue and cry that went up about that. It was the foundation for all Bush offenses, even topping the war. After all, wars are things that presidents do get involved in, and even though Democrats and leftists ? and later independents and even Republicans ? blamed Bush for the reasons for going to war and the way it was conducted, it hardly seemed an impeachable offense.

On the other hand, violating the Fourth Amendment to the Constitution when the president had sworn to protect and defend the Constitution, well, now we were in the very wheelhouse of an impeachment prosecutor. Leading Democrats railed against Bush, called him the worst ever, stopped short of suggesting he resign only because they feared Cheney more.

So now, what happens last Friday and Saturday?

The Democrats in the U.S. Senate and the U.S. House of Representatives voted to make legal everything Bush's secret NSA program was up to and more. Every bit of the so-called violation of Americans' constitutional rights was made legal by a vote of Democrats, the very people who got elected decrying and condemning Bush's so-called trampling of the Constitution.

Where's that impeachment talk now? Where are the people demanding he live up to an antiquated FISA law?

They just voted to let this president ignore all that red tape of the FISA system.

Boom! What was illegal is now legal. And the very people who condemned Bush for doing it have now, with their vote, admitted wiretapping keeps Americans safe, just as Bush said.

Did I mention that sometimes politicians are truly despicable?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,292333,00.html

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Democrats' 180 on Bush's Secret Wiretapping Program
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 01:21:29 AM »
Did anyone expect the Democrats to not do this? As has been stated by others, we should set aside the petty differences between the Democratic Party and the Republican Party, merge the two into the BOYN* Party.

*Boot on Your Neck
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 02:52:09 AM »
I think I read that Aug. 6 was the anniversary of the infamous memo "Al Qaeda determined to attack within the United States."

I think they were told there was some scary terrorist chatter, and if they wanted to be responsible for a disaster, well then.....  So they sacrificed essential liberty for a feeling of security. 

Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect
liberty when the Government?s purposes are beneficent. Men born to
freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by
evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in
insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without
understanding.

---Justice Louis Brandeis
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 02:53:51 AM by Lanya »
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 03:05:03 AM »
I think they were told there was some scary terrorist chatter, and if they wanted to be responsible for a disaster, well then.....  So they sacrificed essential liberty for a feeling of security.

or they just like being the majority party and will sell their soul to make sure that continues.