Author Topic: Obama the Idiot  (Read 4194 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Obama the Idiot
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2010, 11:34:13 PM »
<<Your origional reason had a reason before it and that of course had an origional cause before that . These do not matter now.>>

Of course not.  What matters is what motivates your enemy to be your enemy.  Those are precisely the causes that I mentioned, not the pre-existing causes that YOU mentioned.

<<The more you are right about that [that continuing the occupation of Muslim lands gives more people more reasons to want to fuck you up real bad,] the less we need to leave them unmolested. >>

The more you stir the hornets' nest, the more you get stung is a truth that you think indicates a need to keep stirring the nest???  But that is the classic definition of insanity - - to keep repeating the same behaviour and expecting it to produce a different result next time.
Let me look up that Aesop guy

THE BOY AND THE NETTLE
A Boy, stung by a Nettle, ran home crying, to get his mother to blow on the hurt and kiss it.

"Son," said the Boy's mother, when she had comforted him, "the next time you come near a Nettle, grasp it firmly, and it will be as soft as silk."

Whatever you do, do with all your might.

http://fablesandrhymes.com/aesop.html
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

The same result is what we want.

We want the result we got in fighting Spain , Germany or Japan.

What we did then was to break either their will or their ability to fight.

General Shermans mercy was to shorten the war as much as possible , what is better about a longer one?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 12:21:28 AM by Plane »

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2010, 11:43:19 PM »
<<The Taliban didn't know that Osama Bin Laden was attacking Americans? They must have been quite stupid , with just ordinary intelligence they would have had better evidence of OBLs activities than we did.
<<Did Osama being blasted several times by the Americans during the Clinton administration escape their notice?
What did they believe he was building on his large compounds stuffed with foreigners , a resort?>>

Bottom line is you don't know what the Taliban knew and I don't know what the Taliban knew.  Perhaps they were conned into thinking that the attacks were only to be made on American installations on Muslim soil.  Bottom line is, it didn't matter.  The U.S. chose war over normal diplomatic practice.

They Afghans asked for the evidence against OBL before just turning him over.  A perfectly natural and probably universal reaction of any sovereign state.  The U.S. for some unfathomable reason, refused to turn over the evidence (which would have had to be made public in any trial anyway) and instead chose to go to war.  A rash and costly decision, the costs of which after nine years of war are still not capped off.

The Taliban were watching the oncomeing juggernaught with arguement at the ready.  Perhaps they were just that stupid , that they not only were paying no mind to the accusations of the Americans , but also they were ignoreing the confessions of OBL.

The Taliban should not be morned for the incredable decimation that they have endured over and over, they never had any need to participate in attacking the US nor any need to help hide the criminals who were bragging of their crime.

AS you cite the guy who was hugging the tree so tightly , I point out that the people of the Taliban are still volenterily hugging that tree . We don't need to fight any of them , except those who want to.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2010, 12:44:44 PM »
THE BOY AND THE NETTLE
A Boy, stung by a Nettle, ran home crying, to get his mother to blow on the hurt and kiss it.

"Son," said the Boy's mother, when she had comforted him, "the next time you come near a Nettle, grasp it firmly, and it will be as soft as silk."

Whatever you do, do with all your might.

=================================================

Now that does work for nettles. But is not a good idea with poison ivy, poison sumac, or anything with major thorns.

Fighting Afghanistan with all our might would involve sending at least a half million men. Who wants that?
I am thinking that refraining from touching it at all might be best.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2010, 12:45:26 PM »
<<THE BOY AND THE NETTLE
<<A Boy, stung by a Nettle, ran home crying, to get his mother to blow on the hurt and kiss it.

<<"Son," said the Boy's mother, when she had comforted him, "the next time you come near a Nettle, grasp it firmly, and it will be as soft as silk."

<<Whatever you do, do with all your might.>>

Moving that fable to Afghanistan, the boy's mother should be charged with child neglect since for nine years of constant warfare, she has never advised him to use all his might, only so much thereof as would be deemed sufficient for the job by some, while others equally authoritative claim that the effort requires 500,000 men for a minimum of ten years.

I like the original comparison I drew to stirring the hornets' nest, since the continuation of half-assed efforts to keep stirring the nest for another nine years will produce the same results, more deaths and cripplings of American soldiers (good because they're well-deserved) and more massacres and cripplings of innocent Afghan civilians (bad, because they are totally innocent and don't deserve to have their homeland invaded by America's army of thugs and torturers.)

<<The same result is what we want.

<<We want the result we got in fighting Spain , Germany or Japan.>>

The result you got was VICTORY.  In a very short time.  With other countries (British Empire, U.S.S.R., China) doing most of the heavy lifting and losing most of the blood, in your latter two examples.

<<What we did then was to break either their will or their ability to fight.>>

Better look at your watch, plane.  It's nine years and still counting, with victory nowhere in sight.  You're fighting a piss-ant nation of backward peasants and it's cost you over a trillion bucks and still counting.  Nine fucking years, plane.  Put THAT into your Spanish-German-Jap example.

<<General Shermans mercy was to shorten the war as much as possible , what is better about a longer one?>>

I dunno, if anyone thought Sherman would have taken nine years to smack down a bunch of slaving, pea-brained, racist white trash, his ass would have been canned long before the nine years were up.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2010, 09:55:50 PM »
<<THE BOY AND THE NETTLE
<<A Boy, stung by a Nettle, ran home crying, to get his mother to blow on the hurt and kiss it.

<<"Son," said the Boy's mother, when she had comforted him, "the next time you come near a Nettle, grasp it firmly, and it will be as soft as silk."

<<Whatever you do, do with all your might.>>

Moving that fable to Afghanistan, the boy's mother should be charged with child neglect since for nine years of constant warfare, she has never advised him to use all his might, only so much thereof as would be deemed sufficient for the job by some, .....

I see you understand the drawback tot he Biden philosophy of warfighting.

Sending only the number that will equal the enemys strength is the formula for makeing the war last as long as possible.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2010, 09:58:29 PM »
<<We want the result we got in fighting Spain , Germany or Japan.>>

The result you got was VICTORY.  In a very short time.  With other countries (British Empire, U.S.S.R., China) doing most of the heavy lifting and losing most of the blood, in your latter two examples.

How long was that Cold war?

Who did the heavy lifting against Japan?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2010, 01:07:43 AM »
<<I see you understand the drawback tot he Biden philosophy of warfighting.>>

Biden philosophy, my ass.  That was how BUSH actually fought the war for the entire length of his term.  And how Obama's still fighting it. 

<<Sending only the number that will equal the enemys strength is the formula for makeing the war last as long as possible.>>

No shit, Sherlock.  The U.S. was at war before Afghanistan, and if Afghanistan is ever resolved, it will be at war again somewhere else.  For the time being, Afghanistan will do as far as war is concerned.  Easier to continue fighting in Afghanistan than to invent new reasons for invading other countries.  For the real rulers of the U.S.A., the object of war is war.  Victory is not important, and in fact victory is never achieved.  Victory in fact is counterproductive,  requiring the agents of the military-industrial complex to invent new reasons for new invasions, always with the risk that this one time, the mushrooms might actually revolt.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2010, 01:30:57 AM »
<<I see you understand the drawback tot he Biden philosophy of warfighting.>>

Biden philosophy, my ass.  That was how BUSH actually fought the war for the entire length of his term.  And how Obama's still fighting it. 

<<Sending only the number that will equal the enemys strength is the formula for makeing the war last as long as possible.>>

No shit, Sherlock.  The U.S. was at war before Afghanistan, and if Afghanistan is ever resolved, it will be at war again somewhere else.  For the time being, Afghanistan will do as far as war is concerned.  Easier to continue fighting in Afghanistan than to invent new reasons for invading other countries.  For the real rulers of the U.S.A., the object of war is war.  Victory is not important, and in fact victory is never achieved.  Victory in fact is counterproductive,  requiring the agents of the military-industrial complex to invent new reasons for new invasions, always with the risk that this one time, the mushrooms might actually revolt.

So you are happy that the powers you are talking about are getting things their own way?

I don't think you pay attention to the real world , in which the US military has been reduced more than 33% since the late 80's.

The end of the Cold war paid the peace dividend , unfortuneately we have mostly pissed this away building the biggest welfare state on Earth.