Author Topic: 3DHS Political Wish List  (Read 7988 times)

larry

3DHS Political Wish List
« on: November 18, 2006, 08:54:57 PM »
Hello everyone. I have an idea I want to try. This thread will not be open to debate. Each member will get one wish. The topic of the list is- If I could change one thing about America, what would I change. After a few days of posting, we'll see what our political platform would look like if we were a 3DHS Political Party. This should be fun. I think the platform will surprise all of us. I'll start the list with my wish.

1. I wish America would enact a flat sales tax and do away with all other taxes.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 3DHS Political Wish List
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 09:13:45 PM »
2. Pull all US troops from every other nation, close all military bases not on US soil.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2006, 10:46:24 PM »
3. Full bore manhattan style project leading to energy independence.

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2006, 11:04:40 PM »
4. Canadian-style universal health care.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 01:05:03 AM by Lanya »
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2006, 11:28:15 PM »
5. 2% of Budget devoted to space exploration.

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2006, 11:36:25 PM »
6. End the "war on drugs".
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2006, 02:32:40 AM »
Full scholarship for all citizens 18-30 who show aptitude and ability for college study through to terminal degree in engineering, science research, medicine, pharmacology, and education, with proviso of four years service in most needed areas.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2006, 03:51:04 AM »
8a.  Strict enforcement of all Immigration related legislation, including heavy fines, if not jail time, for companies/individuals that hire illegal immigrants under the books

8b.  Implimentation of a national sales tax, with the abolishment of the Income Tax system
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

domer

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2006, 01:41:08 PM »
As a matter of national interest under the rubric of regulating interstate commerce, enact a federal law preempting state law on this matter: amend the concept of "shareholder value," now embodied in most if not all state law schemes for corporation law, specifically to include the board of directors' notion of "the public good" as a companion concept or a competing concept to the conventional idea -- maximizing share prices, that is, solely to protect the monetary investment of shareholders. This new law would produce a dynamic new locus of policy-making in the nodes of power in corporate governance, and, by its nature, would immunize the board from shareholder suits claiming that the adoption of wise social policy cannot be allowed because it costs the corporation money.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2006, 02:30:48 PM »
I always favored the Costa Rican law that prohibits those in office for campaigning, on the logical assumption that running the country is a full-time job and campaiging is a distraction.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

The_Professor

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2006, 04:14:41 PM »
All state governments and the Federal government will operate on a balanced budget principle, with exceptions to be made if 90% of all legislative members override this. Federal budget deficits only are reasonable if borrowing that money is then utilized to develop means for making more money, as well as employing more people not in public works but in "making two ears of corn grow where one grew before", namely increasing production and jobs.

The University of Florida Gators will automatically receive the top 20% of the cream of the crop high school football recruits each year.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 04:46:51 PM by The_Professor »

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2006, 04:27:03 PM »
All state governments and the Federal government will operate on a balanced budget principle, with exceptions to be made if 90% of all legislative members override this.

The University of Florida Gators will automatically receive the top 20% of the cream of the crop high school football recruits each year.

:o     Now, that's just too extreme

*snicker*
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

larry

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2006, 07:51:13 PM »
WOW, This is shaping up to be a very interesting platform After everyone has had the opportunity to post there wish. We'll open up the thread to debate. I think you folks are showing a lot more good sense than I have seen in Washington, for many years. Thanks for participating. When its all said and done, maybe we will have an official 3DHS Political Platform. Off course the founders will have to vote on that. My girlfriend loves the Gator's idea.

syrmark59

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2006, 09:56:45 PM »
Federal Adoption Program

Couples wishing to adopt buy in for a $20K fee- this is very typical of the amount that people now pay for international adoption.

Birth mothers have medical care though pregnancy and delivery paid for by the federal government. Birth mothers then receive a one-time only education voucher for tuition, housing and board at their state college system of residency for one year.

It's a very raw idea, but might well curtail abortions and alter more than a few lives.

Workable ?- very questionable. But the kernel of an idea.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2006, 12:37:00 AM »
9.  I wish America would adopt Instant Runoff Voting, a paper receipt for votes like Ami suggested and state-funded campaigns to anyone who can garner a certain amount of signatures to show valid interest.  Restoring faith in the voting system would be the first step in restoring many Americans' faith the country.

(I also like many of the suggestions so far.  I opted to NOT put in for an  RBE style economy just to keep this thread in "reality".)