Author Topic: Russia to deploy missiles in Kaliningrad  (Read 5106 times)

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Russia to deploy missiles in Kaliningrad
« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2008, 08:32:51 AM »
Does a projectile that crosses over the pole  or goes to high lattitudes at a high speed depart from the great circle route because the earth turns under it?

More than lower lattitudes?

Some. Actually, the higher the speed, the less the earth will turn during it's flight time.

BTW, I played around with more paths that would require a flyover of Poland, looks like the entire eastern seaboard of the US is blocked by missile defense sites in Poland - anything west of that would require flying over Canada, and we already have missile defense sites there.

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2008, 10:33:38 AM »
I see that you accept my point that the Russians are lieing their heads off about the missles in Poland weakening their attack strength.

Thank you .

=========================
I accept nothing. If the Russians were to install a base anywhere in Canada, to defend against anything, most of the US Congress wod go into heebie-jeebies. Well, here the US is, proposing a base in Poland, and the Russians have understandably gone into their own heebie-jeebies, and you think that this is somehow irrational? Why?

The Russians naturally decide to install missiles on their own territory, and then THIS becomes an occasion for the US "experts" tpo go apeshit.

The Iranian ,missiles are FICTITOUS, and fitted with warheads that are mythical. What would Iran gain by attacking the US?  Iran depends on selling oil for its survival. As such, an easily installed bloackade of the Gulf of Hormuz would shut them down totally.

Ispend to goddamn many years being told that I should "duck and cover" and hide under my desk at school because of far less, but still entirely unthreatening Soviet missiles. It was crap, all crap then. Now the same bunch of morons decide that puny Iran is a similar threat, and I am supposed to buy that?

Don't even bother to unhook the screen door. We are not buying that.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: November 09, 2008, 07:19:49 PM »

The Russians naturally decide to install missiles on their own territory, and then THIS becomes an occasion for the US "experts" tpo go apeshit.

No , this is not happening.

These are not new missles and where they were was no less threatening than where they are now , no "experts " are haveing any Heebie Jeebies , what would make you think so?

The Russian Prime Minister has stated on prime time that  the world is flat , and I "plane talker" noticed it .

I haven't found any missle expert actually saying that the threat on NATO is increased , and the idea that the threat on Russia is increased is politicly motivated even tho phisicly impossible.

If Mexico publicly bragged that they were indevelopment of missles that could obliterate Moscow would anti missle emplacements in US territory to protect Moscow be a good idea? I don't see why not The closer to the launch site the anti missle system can be put ,the more effective it can be .

I note you are here accuseing the Iranians of bald faced lieing , keep up the good work.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: November 09, 2008, 07:25:52 PM »
Why would Iranians NOT lie about their missiles? Lying costs nothing. They enjoy scaring Israelis, and Israelis enjoy being scared. Every one in the Middle East likes being a martyr. Martyrdom and Guilt are the main features of both Islam and Judaism.

Saddam lied about his missiles. Israeli continues to deny they have nukes. If you have something, the rule is to lie and say you don't. If you lack something, the rule is that you say you have it.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: November 09, 2008, 07:27:28 PM »

The Russian Prime Minister has stated on prime time that  the world is flat , and I "plane talker" noticed it .

The world is not flat, and will never be flat. I doubt that Putin has ever claimed that the world is flat, either.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: November 09, 2008, 07:32:26 PM »
Mr Literal, strikes again
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: November 09, 2008, 07:53:55 PM »

The world is not flat, and will never be flat. I doubt that Putin has ever claimed that the world is flat, either.

====================================
Okay, in what figurative sense did Putin say the world is flat, if indeed he did say it?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: November 09, 2008, 08:04:23 PM »

====================================
Okay, in what figurative sense did Putin say the world is flat, if indeed he did say it?

President Dmitry Medvedev said it , I am sorry I should not have said Prime minister .

But yes to ignore the fact of great circle routes is to ignore that the world is round, to state that Poland sheilds more than a small fraction of NATO territory from Russian launched missles ignores these facts .

He is literally talking as if the world was flat .

If you don't beleive that arcs can prove things , then you have little faith in mathmatics.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: November 09, 2008, 08:09:39 PM »
If you don't beleive that arcs can prove things , then you have little faith in mathmatics.
======================================
I do not believe that arcs will cause Iranians to have missiles to shoot at me. They have no warheads, nor do they have missiles with sufficient range.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: November 10, 2008, 11:17:45 PM »
======================================
I do not believe that arcs will cause Iranians to have missiles to shoot at me. They have no warheads, nor do they have missiles with sufficient range.

Then you beleive Iranians lie officially.

I agree with that too , but why not prepare in case they are telling the truth?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked: