Author Topic: Watchdogs Decry Chaplain's Book  (Read 1735 times)

terra

Re: Watchdogs Decry Chaplain's Book
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2008, 01:21:12 AM »
But any chaplain of any faith is supposed to be available to assist any service member of any faith.

And Waite isn't?

If I need counseling and prayer I would not seek the Muslim or Wiccan Chaplin , how far does a Muslim or Wiccan serviceman have to go, to get with a Chaplin who agrees about basic doctrines of faith?

I can guarantee that a Wiccan Chaplain can better suit you then a Christian Chaplain can suit me, if we had them.

The Muslims have 44 Chaplains. There are more Pagans in the military then Muslims yet we have none. Our people have to be happy with lay folks that hopefully have more training then they do. I have a member in my group who is a Sgt. in the Air Force, she was sent to Iraq..while there joined the Wiccan group. She was the acting Priestess, as she did have some  degree training. She dealt with the death of two members and members that were seriously injured.

While many Christian sects have their own Chaplains...we have none. Our folks fight and die the same...and until this past spring they had to lay under a blank headstone.  We now are recognized enough to have our emblem of belief, after 10 years of jumping through hoops and proving ourselves.

We have hospital chaplains and prison outreach...we marry folks and minister to our communities needs. You do not want a Wiccan chaplain..why? What really do you know of us?

terra

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2008, 02:36:13 AM »
I believe Planes preference for a Christian chaplain is the same as your preference for a Wiccan one.

Why do you believe the preferences different?

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2008, 02:14:04 PM »
If i needed compassionate leave i wouldn't care what religion the person was who got it for me. Why should muslims be any different.

I didn't say they might object to what religion the chaplain was - my point was that they might object to what that particular chaplain had said about them and their religion.

Tap dance around that for a while.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016