Author Topic: NCLB act! Who started it?  (Read 526 times)

Cynthia

NCLB act! Who started it?
« on: August 05, 2007, 01:55:29 AM »
I have a request of you all.....Please.  ls there anyone out there who has read up on or is informed about the NCLB act? I want to find out the final truth of the matter. . . .who started the NCLB act? I was told that it was Ted Kennedy. If so, why is Bush being souly blamed for the brutal cruxifiction of the PS system alone?

Sure there's the  funding issue, but I want the facts. I saw Kennedy on the cable network last week defending the program. "The President and I want the support of the nation etc blah blah blah."....Certainly, he was the creator of the program. That's a given, but will he change the punitive nature of the act if the tides turn? God almighty we need that.

Once and for all, I think we are still in for a mess beyond messes until 2017, even if the dems get into office in 08.

Cindy

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: NCLB act! Who started it?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 02:11:50 AM »
Ted Kennedy introduced it. He also introduced the reauthorization act of 2007. why is the bill punitive?

Cynthia

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 11:57:32 PM »
Well, do we know for sure that the Dems would not have called for punitive action? Probably not as severe.

I do think, however, that the Bush administration leans towards punitive actions as protocal......Texas is known for a sort of lack in compassion in so many arenas.

We'll see if the next administration (Dem or Rep) makes civil and fair adjustments in the public school system.
We are all going down the pipes sans the oil. 

BT.....I can only say that if this NCLB punitive action is indeed the doing of the Republican party, albiet dancing on the card printed by the Dems, I'll vote Democratic for the sake of the children if that's what it takes.  Ironically more children are "left behind" with the current administration's demands. I've seen so many changes in the system and there are so many children who are not getting the extra help they need, as opposed to the era of the Nation at Rish with Reagan. Bush is an idiot, imo.

Just this weekend, it was announced that our school  did not make AYP for the first time....(by one student). We have three more chances and then we are under the reconstruction gun. The reach for the stars to make it next year will cost us 10-15 points each year.
The "High Jump".....fail by knocking down the bar........then raise the bar higher and higher next attempt?? What?
OH my god.....come on.
How much can we as educatiors change the system when the parents are hanging on by a thin thread with very few skills to help their child with the "practice" part of the job......A painter, pianist, long jumper must have a chance to practice after the instruction. Our kids are no different. When you don't have the communitiy involved, it's much more difficult to bring a child up to grade level by punitive hand slapping.

For the past five years, we have had to jump through so many hoops under the "training" umbrella. Not once have I seen a program that offers to helps the families who are in need of assistance to help their child at home.

Is there hope? God, I hope.

Shame on a president who can't even construct a decent grammatical sentence.
" We're gunna help Minn. folks rebuild quick". (Today) The CBS anchor immediately repeats the sentence using the adverb in its proper placement...omygod!
Sad....and not right.   

I am not perfect in my conversational grammar, this is true....or my written work, but Bush should know better.

You should see how much stress we are under because of this administration...and yes, I am a Rep. more so than not.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 12:12:28 AM »
Just curious.

Are your "clients" the kids or the school board?

If a school is failing by any measurement is the goal to fix it?

Should a failing school be allowed to maintain the status quo?