Author Topic: Palin Goes Off the Rez AGAIN!  (Read 2521 times)

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Palin Goes Off the Rez AGAIN!
« on: October 20, 2008, 03:44:16 PM »
It appears to this observer that Palin has come to the realization that the McCain/Palin ticket is done-for and she is laying groundwork for her future failure of a run on her own (like RR was saying he would support).  Clearly, she thinks that most of America would support her hate-filled views towards denying gays equality under the law.

I'm sure some here DO support her views.

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/10/20/palin-federal-marriage-amendment/

Palin breaks with McCain on Federal Marriage Amendment.»

Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) has said he opposes the Federal Marriage Amendment, which would amend the Constitution to ban marriage equality, because he believes it is an issue to be left up to states. In an interview with CBN’s David Brody, Gov. Sarah Palin (R-AK) broke with McCain and strongly supported the amendment:

PALIN: n my own, state, I have voted along with the vast majority of Alaskans who had the opportunity to vote to amend our Constitution defining marriage as between one man and one woman. I wish on a federal level that that’s where we would go because I don’t support gay marriage. I’m not going to be out there judging individuals, sitting in a seat of judgment telling what they can and can’t do, should and should not do.

Palin’s support for the amendment reveals her inconsistency in being a “federalist.” Commenting on Roe v. Wade, Palin said, “I’m, in that sense, a federalist, where I believe that states should have more say in the laws of their lands and individual areas.”

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Palin Goes Off the Rez AGAIN!
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 04:20:01 PM »
The GOP allows for independent thinking.

Lefties should try that.

fatman

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 04:29:28 PM »
I’m not going to be out there judging individuals, sitting in a seat of judgment telling what they can and can’t do, should and should not do.

Horseshit.  By passing an amendment to ban any hope of gay marriage, that's exactly what she's doing.  Telling gays that they can't be married, because she doesn't "support gay marriage".  I'm getting tired of social conservatives saying one thing while doing another:  "I want the Fed to ban gay marriage so you can't be married, but I'm not telling you what you can and can't do".  WTF?  If that's what you believe, fine.  At least have the guts to stand up for it.  In here, Plane does that and while I am in complete disagreement with him on this issue, I have a lot of respect for him because he doesn't try to make it nice and shiny.  I have a similar respect for McCain on this issue, because while he doesn't support gay marriage, he's willing to leave it to the states.  He's more of a Federalist on this issue than Palin.  Obama on the other hand, has promised to remove "Don't Ask, Don't Tell".  When was the last time that I was told that the military was going to be more open towards gays?  Oh yeah, wasn't that Clinton?  And what did we get?

Don't Ask, Don't Tell

Screw that, on this issue I'm liking McCain more than Obama.  At least he's less likely to fuck up existing situations, and is willing to allow states to handle the issue as they wish.  It's not much, and there's a lot about it that I don't like, but at least it's a start.  I'm glad Palin doesn't do interviews often, everytime she opens her mouth I like her less.

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 04:33:48 PM »

Lefties should try that.

Come on Bt, I'm going to try and raise my game you should try and raise yours as well. I'm not taking a cheap shot. Your reprimand was fair, we all need to get over this petty level.

Else, we're no different than the McCain or Obama supporters who tear up the opponent's signs in other folk's yards.
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 04:38:41 PM »
Come on Bt, I'm going to try and raise my game you should try and raise yours as well. I'm not taking a cheap shot. Your reprimand was fair, we all need to get over this petty level.

Else, we're no different than the McCain or Obama supporters who tear up the opponent's signs in other folk's yards.

Fair enough.

I will amend my reply to simply this:

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008, 09:05:17 PM »
That's ok, after all, she will be off the GOP ticket by Oct 12th, right, Brass?
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2008, 09:35:35 PM »
That's ok, after all, she will be off the GOP ticket by Oct 12th, right, Brass?

Obviously, that blustery bit of braggadocio is not coming true.  I was wrong on that point but the major point has proven true. 

She has been a boat anchor on the GOP ticket.

Or do you want to deny that? 

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2008, 09:52:45 PM »
She has been a boat anchor on the GOP ticket.

Or do you want to deny that? 

Yeah, I'll deny it.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2008, 11:55:02 PM »
McCain was doomed from the start. Palin was a stunt, and not as good a stunt as it appeared at first.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2008, 04:14:00 PM »
Yeah, I'll deny it.

So when 56% of those polled say they won't vote for McCain because of her, that isn't her being a drag on the ticket?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2008, 04:15:07 PM »
Yeah, I'll deny it.

So when 56% of those polled say they won't vote for McCain because of her, that isn't her being a drag on the ticket?

Is thata fact?

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2008, 04:27:47 PM »
Yeah, I'll deny it.

That's not a believable number; even before he picked Palin as his running mate, he wasn't polling 56%, so it's extremely unlikely that 56% have changed their vote because of her. For 56% to have changed their minds because of his pick would have meant that he was polling 60% or better to Obama's 30 something%, which he wasn't - they both had just under 50% for most of the polls prior to the VP selection.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 04:29:42 PM by Amianthus »

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2008, 04:44:04 PM »
Yeah, I'll deny it.

That's not a believable number; even before he picked Palin as his running mate, he wasn't polling 56%, so it's extremely unlikely that 56% have changed their vote because of her. For 56% to have changed their minds because of his pick would have meant that he was polling 60% or better to Obama's 30 something%, which he wasn't - they both had under 50% for most of the polls prior to the VP selection.

Sorry, I made a mistake.  It's only 52%.

alin Pick Hurting McCain
A new ABC News/Washington Post poll finds that 52% of Americans believe that Sen. John McCain's choice of Gov. Sarah Palin for vice president weakens their confidence in his judgment -- "that's up 13 points since just after the selection, as doubts about Palin's qualifications (also voiced by Powell on Sunday) have grown."

http://politicalwire.com/archives/2008/10/20/palin_pick_hurting_mccain.html

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2008, 04:46:31 PM »
Yeah, I'll deny it.

That's not a believable number; even before he picked Palin as his running mate, he wasn't polling 56%, so it's extremely unlikely that 56% have changed their vote because of her. For 56% to have changed their minds because of his pick would have meant that he was polling 60% or better to Obama's 30 something%, which he wasn't - they both had under 50% for most of the polls prior to the VP selection.

alin Pick Hurting McCain
A new ABC News/Washington Post poll finds that 52% of Americans believe that Sen. John McCain's choice of Gov. Sarah Palin for vice president weakens their confidence in his judgment -- "that's up 13 points since just after the selection, as doubts about Palin's qualifications (also voiced by Powell on Sunday) have grown."

http://politicalwire.com/archives/2008/10/20/palin_pick_hurting_mccain.html

And what percent of Americans are Democrats?

I think we are talking about 6% of the people who are likely to vote for McCain in the first place , maybe less.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2008, 04:49:09 PM »

Most of that 52% wouldn't have voted for McCain no matter WHO he picked as his VP.