Author Topic: Is "Joe the Plumber" a Plant?  (Read 4603 times)

Knutey

Re: Is "Joe the Plumber" a Plant?
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2008, 12:41:05 PM »
Notice how the leftist diminish people? Trailer trash ... plumbing is easy...

It's much like how they treat inconvenient women.

Some of my best friends are plumbers and they tell me it is easy cause shit flows downhill.

( Just like McSameastheBushidiot is doing now.)

richpo64

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2008, 12:44:18 PM »
Spare me knutty. You don't have any friends.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2008, 12:48:00 PM »
I did not mean to say plumbing was easy work. It does, however, not require anything like a major skillset to learn. I know this because have done it: installed toilets, faucets, water heaters, sinks, repaired plastic, galvanized and copper pipes, cleaned out drains and traps. Mostly, it is a matter of technique, the hardest of which is sweat-soldering copper pipes. It is uncomfortable work, and I don't begrudge plumbers what they earn.

But it does not require anything like four years of college, or even apprenticeship to learn, A clever person could learn all that they ever would need to know working with a skilled journeyman in a year or less.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2008, 12:53:17 PM »
But it does not require anything like four years of college, or even apprenticeship to learn, A clever person could learn all that they ever would need to know working with a skilled journeyman in a year or less.

Then you need to let your state know that they're over-regulating the plumbing trade.

And plumbing is not as simple as you make it out to be...
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Knutey

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2008, 01:12:09 PM »
Spare me knutty. You don't have any friends.

I actually have a friend exactly like you. I only put up with him because he lets me screw his wife. Y'all are so kinky.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2008, 01:37:42 PM »
Then you need to let your state know that they're over-regulating the plumbing trade.

I doubt that they would pay any attention. I'll let someone else who this is more important to take them on.
---------------------------------------------------

And plumbing is not as simple as you make it out to be...

=============================
I said that a clever apprentice could learn everything he needed to know in year.

Do you dispute this?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2008, 01:52:35 PM »
I only put up with him because he lets me screw his wife. Y'all are so kinky.

Do you trade him a goat or a camel for the privilege.

Fact is he doesn't let you screw his wife. His wife lets you screw her.

Unless in your world women are still chattel.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2008, 02:08:28 PM »
Do you dispute this?

Yes. There is a reason why every state requires more than that to get a plumbing contractor's license.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2008, 03:05:12 PM »
Yes. There is a reason why every state requires more than that to get a plumbing contractor's license.

And that reason is.........?

It could be like the reason that in some states, for every death, there had to be a coffin, even if the body was cremated or buried at sea. Perhaps like morticians, plumbers and contractors have a desire to limit competition. But that would not mean that the job itself is so complicated.

There are lots of illogical laws.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2008, 03:20:05 PM »
And that reason is.........?

It's a more complicated job than you make it out to be. I thought that was obvious from my earlier post.

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2008, 03:26:38 PM »
From the Toledo Blade:

[.........]
Mr. Wurzelbacher told reporters Thursday morning that he worked for Newell Plumbing & Heating Co., a small local firm whose business addresses flow back to several residential homes, including one on Talmadge Road in Ottawa Hills.

According to Lucas County Building Inspection records, A. W. Newell Corp. does maintain a state plumbing license, and one with the City of Toledo, but would not be allowed to work in Lucas County outside of Toledo without a county license.

Mr. Wurzelbacher said he works under Al Newell’s license, but according to Ohio building regulations, he must maintain his own license to do plumbing work.

He is also not registered to operate as a plumber in Ohio, which means he’s not a plumber.

Mr. Wurzelbacher said he was hired by Mr. Newell six years ago and that the possibility of him eventually buying the company was discussed during his job interview.

He said it’s his understanding he can work under Mr. Newell’s license as long as the licensed contractor works on the same site.

Mr. Wurzelbacher said he is working on taking the Ohio plumbing contractors’ license test.

Mr. Wulzerbacher’s notoriety has raised the ire of Tom Joseph, business manager for Local 50 of the United Association of Plumbers, Steamfitters, and Service Mechanics, who claimed that Mr. Wulzerbacher didn’t undergo any apprenticeship training.

"When you have guys going out there with no training whatsoever, it’s a little disreputable to start with," Mr. Joseph said. "We’re the real Joe the Plumber."

Mr. Joseph said Mr. Wulzerbacher could only legally work in the townships, but not in any municipality in Lucas County or elsewhere in the country.

"This individual has got no schooling, no licenses, he’s never been to a training program, union or non-union, in the United States of America," Mr. Joseph said.

The association has endorsed Barack Obama, according to Mr. Joseph.
[........]

http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081016/NEWS09/810160418

Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2008, 03:36:46 PM »
Mr. Wulzerbacher's notoriety has raised the ire of Tom Joseph, business manager for Local 50 of the United Association of Plumbers, Steamfitters, and Service Mechanics, who claimed that Mr. Wulzerbacher didn't undergo any apprenticeship training.

"When you have guys going out there with no training whatsoever, it's a little disreputable to start with," Mr. Joseph said. "We're the real Joe the Plumber."

Good thing XO has assured us it's a trivial job and doesn't require any sort of advanced training or a much of an apprenticeship...

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2008, 03:37:41 PM »
A typical McCain supporter, eh?  A greedy, fraudulent rip-off artist, all fulla shortcuts and get-rich-quick scheming hiding behind a front of honesty, hard work, and righteousness.  Bingo!  Couldn't a found a better example of what McCain really stands for: fraud on the American people, beating the system, looking out for No. 1.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2008, 03:50:39 PM »
Good thing XO has assured us it's a trivial job and doesn't require any sort of advanced training or a much of an apprenticeship...
=====================================================================

I did NOT SAY it was a trivial job. I said that plumbing is often hard work, but it does not require a clever person more than a year to master.

It sounds like McCain was looking for someone to talk about with regard to his tax proposal, and this Joe guy was ready, willing and able to pose as a guy who was about to buy out a business that he was sure was going to cost him $250,000 or more.

This does not appear to be the case at all. McCain was conned by this guy's tale, it would appear. Still, I would not say that Joe was necessarily an incompetent plumber.

richpo64

« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2008, 04:07:40 PM »
>>A typical McCain supporter, eh?  A greedy, fraudulent rip-off artist, all fulla shortcuts and get-rich-quick scheming hiding behind a front of honesty, hard work, and righteousness.  Bingo!  Couldn't a found a better example of what McCain really stands for: fraud on the American people, beating the system, looking out for No. 1.<<

Hilarious. Really Hilarious.

First, Mikey the Butcher has no idea who Joe supports. Joe hasn't said. Hell, he was at a Barry revival so one would assume he was at least interested in what Barry had to say. He wasn't yelling "KILL HIM!!" so again, he's probably not one of those rabid Pailn supporters either. From what I've heard Joe wants to eventually purchase the business from it's current owner and then he'd need the license. What a bastard huh? The guy wants to be successful in his chosen profession. What a Big Business Pig!

See a man ask a tough question. See the democrat "truth" squad attack attack attack. Remember that Black woman at the democrat convention who supported Hillary? Haven't seen or heard from her since have you? Liberal own the politics of personal destruction. It's the only play in Barry's playbook. Don't question them Joe. Remember what they did to all those women, Monica Lewinski, Juanita Broaddrick, Eileen Wellstone, Carolyn Moffet, Elizabeth Ward, Paula Jones, Sandra Allen James, and Kathleen Willey. People who get in there way can expact to be thrown under the bus or personally destroyed. Just ask Barry's poor ole grandmother.

Mike, you wouldn't know honesty, righteousness or hard work it if blew up your entire fucking family.