Author Topic: "I don't know what the gun would have done"  (Read 3956 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: "I don't know what the gun would have done"
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2012, 03:01:35 PM »
I`ve never seen that

on guns , I`m point out my museum can`t get these guys and we offer training.I`m not saying give up but point out the difficulty and possibly alternatives. what solutions I got no idea but that doesn`t mean armed guards is the only answer or if it`s an answer at all. I did point out the guard may possibly  offer little protection.

I do have a question . what caused this? meaning maybe we should address the cause and study it to minimize future incident by being able to identifying it. maybe saying he`s nuts may not be enough anymore.

quite guy keeps to himself- it`ll be scarey if that was said in the news

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2012, 03:07:28 PM »
I do have a question . what caused this? meaning maybe we should address the cause and study it to minimize future incident by being able to identifying it. maybe saying he`s nuts may not be enough anymore.

well Kimba one area might be drugs all these half-wits are taking!
funny.....kids seemed to get along pretty well until they started loading them up with drugs!

http://ssristories.com/index.php?p=school
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2012, 03:12:07 PM »
I do have a question . what caused this?

maybe this Kimba:

America's problem is not guns.
Mass shootings were never commonplace years ago like they are today.
Our children are products of Lazy and Absent parenting and that is the problem.

1. Parents need to be actively involved in their childrens' lives

2. Parents should not use XBOX 360 or PS3 as Babysitters

3. Actively Regulate what your kids watch on TV

4. Lessons in humility, compassion, love, and loss.

5. Don't blame TV, Video Games, Magazines, etc. for how your child has turned out. That is your fault for allowing them to intake that information. YOU ARE THE PARENT!!!!

6. If you are a gun owner, 1 simple step, LOCK THEM UP AND LOCK THE KEYS UP!!

7. MOST IMPORTANT, DO NOT PACIFY your child. If they loose, let them feel loss, don't give them anything they want, make them earn it. If they cry, kick, scream, stomp......don't give it to them. Stand your ground and your child will turn out to be a better person for it.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2012, 03:39:25 PM »
I truely like these answers.

please everyone , don`t care how crazy the answer I what feedback

the ones that came actually solve other problems so no answer is bad

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2012, 03:41:03 PM »
I do have a question . what caused this?

maybe this Kimba:

America's problem is not guns.
Mass shootings were never commonplace years ago like they are today.
Our children are products of Lazy and Absent parenting and that is the problem.

1. Parents need to be actively involved in their childrens' lives

2. Parents should not use XBOX 360 or PS3 as Babysitters

3. Actively Regulate what your kids watch on TV

4. Lessons in humility, compassion, love, and loss.

5. Don't blame TV, Video Games, Magazines, etc. for how your child has turned out. That is your fault for allowing them to intake that information. YOU ARE THE PARENT!!!!

6. If you are a gun owner, 1 simple step, LOCK THEM UP AND LOCK THE KEYS UP!!

7. MOST IMPORTANT, DO NOT PACIFY your child. If they loose, let them feel loss, don't give them anything they want, make them earn it. If they cry, kick, scream, stomp......don't give it to them. Stand your ground and your child will turn out to be a better person for it.

While I agree with everything you've said C, there are some cases, due to some tweaked wiring in the child's brain, that causes them simply to act out in hostile, if not violent ways.  Some of them can be given definative diagnoses, and hopefully treated with medications, and alot of TLC, though my point is, those are the rare cases that we can't put this on the parent 
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BSB

« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2012, 04:11:12 PM »
Good lord, CU, the world isn't on the edge, no one is stalking your rights. Just take it easy and use the brain for it was meant for, taking in what is really there, not what you think is there. Relax.

BSB

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2012, 04:14:03 PM »
Actually, they (the anti-2nd amendment folk) are precisely stalking our rights.  It's just sad to see how they're not man enough to just come out and admit it, instead of hiding behind tragedies like Conn.
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2012, 04:21:28 PM »
as somebody who has friends that takes those meds "it does work" but I know kids who take them and the parents lets them drink coffee. meaning thier are factors for kids still having problems under it.

no.7 is funny to me
here in san fran a supervisor blames fast food for hooking kids on burgers ,said the parents can`t say no to the kids for wanting a kids meal for the prize. so banning prizes is the law. ironicly the fastfood places are smarter than local politician and simply allocate all kids prizes money to charity to bypass the law.

BSB

« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2012, 04:24:16 PM »
There are no anti-2nd amendment rights people. There are just people who want us to live in a less gun violent society. How to do that is the debate. You're just fucked up Sirs, that's all.

BSB

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2012, 04:25:09 PM »
minimize future incident

Why Israel doesn't have school massacres by Israeli Citizens

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2012, 04:32:02 PM »
There are no anti-2nd amendment rights people.

There are a whole bunch of them, frequently argueing that its about some specific militia, that it's outdated, that its about hunting, or rationalize that....

"There are just people who want us to live in a less gun violent society."

How to do that is the debate. You're just fucked up Sirs, that's all.

No, the debate is to deal with the actual problems that lead to the violent acts, not the tools that they use.  That's the home of the ignorant

But, if its not about anti-2nd amendment stalkers, how do you keep the insane from accessing firearms while leaving the sane and their firearms alone?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 10:20:19 PM by sirs »

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2012, 09:56:37 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/authorities-crack-down-copycat-threats-newtown-210709195.html

But criminology expert Ray Surette cautioned in his own study on copycat crime that "too few copycat criminals have been identified to allow for scientifically adequate research."

Surette's study of juvenile offenders in Florida, published in Crime & Delinquency in 2002, found that about a third of young prisoners had considered committing a crime that they had seen in the media—defined as TV, movies, news and music—and that a quarter of them had actually attempted to commit such a crime. But Surette had no way of knowing whether removing the media would have prevented those prisoners from committing their crimes in the first place.

In a 1984 study of prisoners in Butner, N.C., the researchers Susan Pease and Craig Love found that about 20 percent of prisoners said they had been influenced by either newspaper reports, TV news, TV shows or movies before committing a crime. TV news and newspaper reports ranked far lower than programs and movies as influencers, and almost all of the self-identified "copycat criminals" said they had the intent to commit a crime before they were influenced by media. (Some prisoners said they would watch TV crime programs and literally take notes in order to pick up on new techniques.) The lone exception was mentally ill patients, however, who did not necessarily have criminal intent before they said they were influenced by media before committing a crime.