Author Topic: He told us here in Jax, just Monday, that the economy was fine...  (Read 2708 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: He told us here in Jax, just Monday, that the economy was fine...
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2008, 05:13:49 PM »
"Coming unglued"? Hardly. I gave my opinion and the reasons for it. If that constitutes 'coming unglued', you seem to do so on a daily basis. Maybe you should seek therapy.

Again, I have no problem with any of the candidates being religious. In all the fooforaw about Obama's church, I don't recall anyone presenting any proof that he agreed with Rev Wright, or that he was aware of the message he was preaching until it made the national press (though I personally believe he wasn't very bright to not know what was going on).

20 years H....20 years.  That's the issue, he is exceedingly bright.  Tee keeps tripping all over himself with the repetition of his academic accolades.  I have no doubt that Obama knew precisely what this man taught, knew precisely the racist rhetoric this man would spew, knew precisely where this man's politics lie.  He remained though, which I can only assume because in order to advance in Chicago politics as a black man, that's what he probably thought he had to do.  And it served him well,........until he became a national candidate, and no longer local.  Then, the pastor gets thrown under a truck, and he claims how he really wasn't aware of the just how racist and devisive his Reverend was.  My eye, he didn't.  Political expediency in its most transparent

Palin, however, is on record and on video as saying that we are in Iraq on some sort of mission from God. That is merely at the top of my list of reasons why I don't trust her to be one melanoma away from being the commander in chief.

And if you grasped the context, including her clarifications, you could easily deduce that she's not of the mindset that this is a holy war, nor is she getting any military commands from God, nor is her support of the war being directed by God.  Merely that she hopes and believes it's of God's will.  I realize how Gibson was trying to make her as some lunatic Christian zealot, being commanded by God to go forth and wage war.  She's religious, she has a faith, and she was simply being honest with her faith, nothing more, no implied God is running things thru me (though ultimately, as per Christian faith, everything that does happen, is part of God's grand plan.  But that's for a different thread)

And I believe I've made it clear, I certainly don't trust McCain.

Very few of who don't support the war, do.  and even those that do, don't, Bt for example.  I don't largely either.  But weighing the options, and knowing where Obama would want to drive this country, makes that choice crystal clear.  I can only pray that messers McCain & Palin actually practice what they preached at the Convention

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2008, 08:49:06 PM »
I can only pray that messers McCain & Palin actually practice what they preached at the Convention
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Preached indeed.  Can they pray themselves into Maverickhood?
Did depending on the Power of Prayer work out for you under Juniorbush?

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2008, 08:53:16 PM »
Let us know when you plan to return to rational debate
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2008, 12:24:11 AM »
20 years H....20 years.  That's the issue, he is exceedingly bright.  Tee keeps tripping all over himself with the repetition of his academic accolades.  I have no doubt that Obama knew precisely what this man taught, knew precisely the racist rhetoric this man would spew, knew precisely where this man's politics lie.

I know people who have been members of their churches for much longer, yet have no idea what the tenets of their particular church are. Hell, I've had Jehovah's Witnesses bang on my door (I invited them in on a lark) and try to convert me, who had no idea what their church believed. So it doesn't really surprise me, though I would have expected him to know better.

And if you grasped the context, including her clarifications ...

I watched the video several times, and read the transcript several more. I don't have any problem understanding spoken or written English. I'll put my grasp of context and what was said up against anyone in here, any day. She said flat out that the war in Iraq was a task from God. She did not say that she merely 'hopes and believes it's of God's will' until afterwards, and that was not in the context of clarifying the previous statement.

You, BT, and pretty much anyone else in here are entirely capable of deciding which issues are most important to you, in what order, and which candidate is the closest fit with your stance on the issues important to you. You are entirely capable of pulling the lever, touching the screen, filling in the little circle, or however it is your particular district casts it's ballots, for the candidate of your choice. So am I. We may not agree with each other's decision, or how the other came to their decision, but as BT said somewhere earlier, we can respect each other's decision.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2008, 03:10:24 AM »
20 years H....20 years.  That's the issue, he is exceedingly bright.  Tee keeps tripping all over himself with the repetition of his academic accolades.  I have no doubt that Obama knew precisely what this man taught, knew precisely the racist rhetoric this man would spew, knew precisely where this man's politics lie.

I know people who have been members of their churches for much longer, yet have no idea what the tenets of their particular church are.

Those would be the folks you would be referring to as "not so bright".  Again, Obama is anything, but

And if you grasped the context, including her clarifications ...

I watched the video several times, and read the transcript several more. I don't have any problem understanding spoken or written English. I'll put my grasp of context and what was said up against anyone in here, any day. She said flat out that the war in Iraq was a task from God.

Welp, I guess this just tends to enforce that you see what you want to see, and read into something, what you want to read into something.  News flash H.  For Christians, everything in life, is a task (or challange) from God.  Perspective & context are everything however

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2008, 08:06:56 AM »
Ah, well. So much for nice.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2008, 10:20:00 AM »
===

Are these not rational questions? Based on what you say your beliefs are, I can't see why you would not consider them thus.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2008, 11:06:25 AM »
Ah, well. So much for nice.

And what wasn't nice?  Reading into things that really aren't there, again?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2008, 11:12:16 AM »
===

Are these not rational questions? Based on what you say your beliefs are, I can't see why you would not consider them thus.

"Pray themselves into Maverickhood"??  Whatever the hell that's supposed to mean.  But to answer your question, no, they're not

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2008, 11:29:00 AM »

Did the Power of Prayer work for you when Juniorbush was president?

Did you pray for his success?

If so, were you satisfied with the results of said prayers?

Can prayer cause the bogus Maverick McCain to turn into a legitimate Maverick?

Simple questions, really.

----------------
It is as though you would not recognize a legitimate question if one should crawl up your gazinga and lodge in your upper wazoo.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2008, 11:37:28 AM »
Did the Power of Prayer work for you when Juniorbush was president?  Did you pray for his success?  If so, were you satisfied with the results of said prayers?

For the most part, yes.  Though not sure prayer has much to do with this.  I don't have a personal Bush voodoo doll, where I can make him do my will.  That's the kicker, FREE WILL, that God has provided us.  I have it and so does Bush.  All I can pray for is hope he sticks to his declared principles.  For the most part, he has

Can prayer cause the bogus Maverick McCain to turn into a legitimate Maverick?  Simple questions, really.

Not the 2nd one, since it's built on a false premise, but at least you clarified the top one better

It is as though you would not recognize a legitimate question if one should crawl up your gazinga and lodge in your upper wazoo.

And without skipping a heartbeat, right back to the irrational.  tsk tsk
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 12:40:20 PM by sirs »

richpo64

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2008, 04:22:00 PM »
>>Did depending on the Power of Prayer work out for you under Juniorbush?<<

That and hard work. Under President Bush we've done just fine. But then we did under Clinton too. It's that little thing called work, something liberals disdain.