Author Topic: Again, just imagine if this were Bush and Exxon  (Read 5351 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Again, just imagine if this were Bush and Exxon
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2011, 02:04:39 PM »
Just for clarification, are you saying that the Solyndra executives should act against the legal advice given them and waive their 5th amendment rights because of how the press may or may not portray that action?

It wreaks of something that was "inappropriate" at minimum, and criminal at worst.  The 5th is specifically used because of something you may say is likely to inCRIMInate you, i.e. there was a CRIME possibly performed.  This isn't some military covert action, where divulging secrets may risk the lives or methods used.  The press is far more likely to stick with the status quo, and stay largely mum, outside of just making the incidental report,...oh by the way, the Solydra execs are pleading the 5th, now we return you to the far more important news of how Republicans refuse to compromise and are thwarting Obama's efforts to turn our economy & unemployment around

And could you clarify who you are referring to when you say the MSM would be having a fit if this were Exxon and the Administration was GOP. The reason i asked is because reuters is reporting this planned exercise of 5th amendment rights and i wasn't sure when they lost their main stream media designation.

MSM --> messers ABC, NBC, CBS, all the Cable News Services, the ongoing standard of national news reporting such as the NY Times & Washington Post.  Yes, a trickle of news is starting to come out, because of just how bad the cronyism, being demonstrated by this administration is.  Point being, if this were Bush and Exxon, this would have been MSM news, 24/7, right out of the gate, and not some half hearted, have-to-report-it-if-we-must, kind of trickle.  And I think you know that.  At least, I would have assumed such
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2011, 03:31:34 PM »
It wreaks of something that was "inappropriate" at minimum, and criminal at worst.  The 5th is specifically used because of something you may say is likely to inCRIMInate you, i.e. there was a CRIME possibly performed.

Right and Reuters and every other MSM agency that picked that up let us know the execs would plead the 5th and all that that implies. I'm not sure why you are saying the story isn't getting reported. New shoes drop every day.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2011, 03:34:44 PM »
Not saying its "not getting reported".  AM SAYING, that if this were Bush and Exxon, this it'd be 24/7, headlining news, and the lead story in nearly every MSM newspaper     ::)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2011, 03:42:46 PM »
Well are you looking for a pat on the back for marvelous analysis of the unfairness of it all or are you looking to be shown that the story is being covered though not to the level you would prefer?

Bush isn't in office nor is he running.

Riddle me this, is the MSM going after Perry for the Gardasil flap harder than they are Obama for Solyndra?

That would seem to me to be more apples to apples.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2011, 03:45:11 PM »
Looking to shine light on ever pervasive overt hypocrisy, of the MSM.  You don't mind, do you?  Apples to apples is comparing one Presidential administration with another

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2011, 03:56:44 PM »
Looking to shine light on ever pervasive overt hypocrisy, of the MSM.  You don't mind, do you?  Apples to apples is comparing one Presidential administration with another

Thank you for your efforts. I'm sure this bias is news to all your fellow conservative members.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2011, 04:00:52 PM »
.....and to those visitors who could be of all forms of ideological diversions, such as independents, moderates, and those not yet as well informed

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2011, 04:11:25 PM »
We don't get much accidental traffic, mostly just google and other search engine bots. But i'm sure they appreciate your efforts.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2011, 05:48:49 PM »
All your sarcasm aside, I'm hopeful they are, myself

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2011, 06:56:34 PM »
there is always hope.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2011, 07:04:01 PM »
Not with the current Administration, and its MSM bedmates

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2011, 07:08:22 PM »
Hypothetical viewers and hypothetical situations to prove bias, probably don't help either. But please persevere.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2011, 07:14:37 PM »
Good thing I'm sticking with current situations, and comparing them to situations that have plagued republicans in prior administrations, for far smaller supposed "transgressions".  A certain former CBS Nightly News host comes to mind.  And doubt anyone you're not personally privvy to, who visits our saloon is hypothetical.  But thanks for the encouragement to continue.  The examples I keep getting provided are quire ample

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2011, 07:19:49 PM »
So remind the class about Bush and Exxon and how the press pilloried him about it.