Author Topic: Yea, this is what the Fed should be doing...the Baby Bond  (Read 6075 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Yea, this is what the Fed should be doing...the Baby Bond
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2007, 01:37:47 PM »
They weren't redistributed for socialized whims advocated by the Goverment, nor were they an incentive to do anything, outside of work hard, since the more money you earned, the bigger your tax relief.  This "Baby bond" is nothing similar to ANY tax relief

=================================================================
How could it be an incentive?

What. tax relief??  You're kidding, right?  Oh, I forgot, common sense and logic aren't the domains of the rabid left.  Work harder/longer --> earn more $ --> receive more tax relief as a % of that increased income.  Not to mention the incentive it gives busnesses to expand and creater MORE jobs, generated MORe tax revenue.

On this planet, in the event you were unaware, one does not get paid for "working hard".

I bet you even said that with a straight face

Or do you believe that some pro ballplayer actually works 1,000 times harder than the guy who moves pianos?

Hey, I never said professional sports was a fair analogy.  They're grotesquely overpaid.  But not by tax payers, but by those who go to the ballgames.  More accurately, try the neurosurgen, who spent years working and training, (and ususally aquiring massive student loans in the process), to the guy moving pianos. Both work hard, both get tax relief under Bush

I suppose you think killing Iraqis is a better purpose for tax revenues.

Well, since you've now gone off the deep end of inane hyperbole, that has ZIP to do with the topic at hand, I think we can stop here       ::)

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2007, 02:04:12 PM »
You mock what XO says Sirs, but avoid really answering the questions he poses. His questions are very valid.

George Soros has and will make more money than all the people in this forum put together and probably multiplied by a large factor. In fact, he probably made more money than all of us will see in our lifetimes on one single day - Black Wednesday.

Now, by your logic above, this equates to him working harder than all of us put together for our entire lifetimes.

You talk a lot about common sense and logic, but I don't see it being employed here. Explain the above to me and why George Soros is more deserving of tax relief than you. Is he smarter? Is he a harder worker?

I hear you with "all get tax relief under Bush," but like all good supply-side economics folks, Bush and company believe in the tinkle down effect and the Laffer Curve (which was drawn on a napkin by the way).

So, I'd like to see you defend that, and use Mr. Soros who makes a great example of someone who has earned a fortune.
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2007, 02:37:10 PM »
You mock what XO says Sirs, but avoid really answering the questions he poses. His questions are very valid.

Yea, right supporting of tax dollars to kill Iraqis.  Yea, that's really valid and comparable to tax relief.  And for someone that supposedly grasps "complexity and nuance", working hard doesn't directly mean physical work vs what Soros does as not "working hard".  It means working hard in all areas, mentally, physically, doing one's homwwork, in the area they are working in, etc., etc.  The idea of trying to make it about piano movers vs ball players was ludicrous in the simplist form.  By my "logic" working hard involves working hard to better oneself in what they are doing, not some literal body builder vs computer geek.      ::)

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

_JS

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2007, 03:01:18 PM »
You avoided my questions now.
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2007, 10:57:40 PM »
Actually my effort was to clear up your error in what my logic was supposed to be, that appeared to generate your question(s).  Sorry it didn't fit the designated template

_JS

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2007, 09:35:26 AM »
Then to ask a question that is separate from the other discussion.

Do you believe that George Soros is more intelligent than you?
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2007, 11:53:28 AM »
Then to ask a question that is separate from the other discussion.  Do you believe that George Soros is more intelligent than you?

In some areas, especially in financing, yea.  I doubt he's as intelligent as I as it relates to the medical profession & rehabilitation

_JS

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2007, 12:49:09 PM »
Then to ask a question that is separate from the other discussion.  Do you believe that George Soros is more intelligent than you?

In some areas, especially in financing, yea.  I doubt he's as intelligent as I as it relates to the medical profession & rehabilitation

Is he more successful than you?
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2007, 01:31:47 PM »

From a business standpoint, absolutely.  I bet he works hard at it, as well

_JS

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2007, 01:40:47 PM »
Does he deserve more tax relief than you do?
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2007, 02:27:25 PM »
Does he deserve more tax relief than you do?

If he makes more money than I, he does.  What he does with his money after that, is completely his business, be it donations to social causes or bankrolling a communist agenda.  He's worked hard for that money
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 02:32:36 PM by sirs »

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2007, 02:36:34 PM »
===============================
I think that we can say that Soros is more economically successful than Sirs, because (a) he is older and has had more time to amass a fortune and (b) damned near everyone is less financially successful than George Soros.

Of course, success should not be measured in terms of dollars exclusively. Perhaps Sirs derives more satisfaction from one of his patients surviving that Soros derives from making a killing on exchanging kroner, schillings and zlotys.

Having heard an interview with Soros a while ago, I can say that Soros is a vastly more optimistic fellow than Sirs, who relishes finding fault with pretty much any opinions other than his own and those rather few with whom he agrees.

My experience has been that being optimistic is always a boon to one's endeavors, whatever they are. Many of my students are slothful unimaginative schlubs, but I still manage to teach rather a lot more Spanish to them than someone else might, because I treat them like intelligent and productive beings.

With regard to investments, I set goals in my mind for how low a fund would have to go before I sell it, and how high it might rise before it has become too risky. I follow these and above all, the advice of my excellent newsletter, and most years, I make more money by investing my retirement funds than I do actually working. This is silly and unfair, but it would be insane to not take advantage of opportunities that the system affords me, because I decided long ago that the system is weird and I cannot change it even slightly. So I take my losses and refuse to mope over them and always expect the best.

Still, I feel more successful as a professor than as an investor, becaue I put a lot more energy into being a good professor.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Henny

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2007, 02:41:20 PM »
Having heard an interview with Soros a while ago, I can say that Soros is a vastly more optimistic fellow than Sirs, who relishes finding fault with pretty much any opinions other than his own and those rather few with whom he agrees.

I don't think that's fair to say about Sirs. Of course, you are entitled to your opinion, but I've never considered that Sirs "relishes finding fault" with anything.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2007, 02:43:11 PM »
LOL....Feel better Xo?  Have my mind read pretty thorougly?  What a special gift that must be     ;D

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2007, 02:45:54 PM »
Thank you Miss Henny.  I'd like to claim that next to Tommy Lasorda, I'm the 2nd biggest optimist, on this globe.  Xo's apparently confusing consistent criticism of inane leftist ideals & proclaimations with being eternally negative.  I guess from as far left as his rhetoric comes from, it could seem that way