Author Topic: Yea, this is what the Fed should be doing...the Baby Bond  (Read 6076 times)

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Yea, this is what the Fed should be doing...the Baby Bond
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2007, 11:23:05 AM »

On this planet, in the event you were unaware, one does not get paid for "working hard". Or do you believe that some pro ballplayer actually works 1,000 times harder than the guy who moves pianos?

Actually, people do in fact get paid for working hard. Maybe not all people in manner you think is fair, but it does happen. Does the pro ballplayer work harder than the guy who moves pianos? No, probably not. Does he work harder than the ballplayer who did not make the team? Quite possibly. In any case, the blanket "on this planet one does not get paid for working hard" statement is not correct.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2007, 11:27:32 AM »

why George Soros is more deserving of tax relief than you. Is he smarter? Is he a harder worker?

In total dollars, he paid more. And what he paid was a percentage of his income. So if the tax cut is also a percentage, then Soros is going to get more back/keep more than me. This seems so completely obvious to me, that I'm wondering why this needs to be explained.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2007, 11:31:33 AM »

Go on, I defy you to name a worse president than Juniorbush.

Jimmy Carter. Possibly Herbert Hoover. I'd also say Franklin Roosevelt because he kept the country in an unnecessary economic depression for at least a decade, but I don't feel like starting that argument today.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2007, 04:35:24 PM »
Is that all? Have you no justification for your opinions?

Carter allowed himself to be duped by Kissinger. He believed the milirtary when it told him Desert One would work. He did nothing to make it not work.

But Juniorbush duped the population of the nation and now 3500 people are dead, thousands more are maimed, and we are more than  $500 million  more in debt.

Carter was a brilliant man who tried to micromanage and was betrayed by his underlings.

Juniorbush was and is an incompetent underling who was given great power by a deceitful, profiteering and loathsome oligarchy.

In both cases, the same oligarchy is to blame. They deceived an honest and decent man (Carter), then they pulled the strings of an incompetant and stubborn one (Juniorbush) .  Juniorbush is a tool, who should be smart enough to realize that he is being used as a tool.

At least Carter has made up for his blunders. Juniorbush can only think of "replenishing" (heh, heh) "the old coffers".
I doubt most seriously that Juniorbush's cogffers have been even mildly depleted in the last seven years.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2007, 08:21:35 PM »

Is that all? Have you no justification for your opinions?

Of course I do. But frankly, Carter as one of the worst presidents seems quite obvious to me. I thought it wouldn't need much explanation here. The same for Hoover.  I'm not saying Carter and Hoover were bad people. But they made bad decisions as President, and those decisions ended up on the backs of American citizens. The current President Bush is unpopular, make no mistake, and certainly I disagree with much that he has done, but despite all that, the country is still doing relatively well. He is not a great President, but is he worst ever? I think it is not so.

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2007, 09:36:37 AM »
I'd agree that Carter was one of the worst, but probably not for the reasons most people suspect.

It was Carter who began the monetarist policies of the Federal Reserve. It was Carter who began deregulations that harmed trade unions and massive cuts to beneficial social programs. It was Carter, who on one hand talked a lot about ethical foreign aid, but on the other provided money for the Khmer Rouge, Augusto Pinochet, and the military junta in El Salvador.

Reagan took all that shit further and did return aid to some of the worst regimes that even Carter found disgusting. But, in many ways he only amplified policies begun under Carter. The combination of the two was one of the worst in U.S. history in my opinion.
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2007, 01:46:28 AM »
I'm the 2nd biggest optimist, on this globe.

ROFLMAO!!!!

:D

No, I'm sorry.  Based only on what I've ever seen you post in here, you are Mr. Negativity Number One.  You take great pleasure, nay, GLEE in trying to tear down anything you turn your wrecking on.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2007, 01:52:35 AM »
You need to get out more, Brass       8)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2007, 10:21:44 AM »
You need to read the crap you post , Sirs.

There isn't a gleam of optimism in even one clump of it.
You galumph through this Forum, erecting ersatz strawmen and toppling them with great and frabjous glee, as Brass says.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2007, 11:39:21 AM »
And you need a serious injection of humor & reality, Xo     ::)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle