Author Topic: Hate Talk Will Lead to Mass Murders  (Read 1550 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Hate Talk Will Lead to Mass Murders
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2010, 12:35:17 AM »
They realized something you don't - - security doesn't come from having the largest military force on the planet, it comes from not having enemies.

Do you belive this in the Stalin vs Hitler disagreement?

Or are there certain times when you do not blame the victim?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2010, 12:52:29 AM »
<<Do you belive this in the Stalin vs Hitler disagreement?

<<Or are there certain times when you do not blame the victim?>>

Unless I state otherwise, my comments on policy are meant to apply to the present, not to seventy years in the past.

BTW, Kramer, I have to admit that last crack of yours did make me laugh.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2010, 01:02:54 AM »
Yes , people have changed their nature so much in the last seventy years.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2010, 01:12:30 AM »
<<Yes , people have changed their nature so much in the last seventy years.>>

The world changed, plane, believe it or not.  Seventy years ago it would have been inconceivable that a gang of 20 religious fanatics could bring down the two biggest buildings in New York and kill almost 3,000 people doing it   The oceans shrank.  The U.S. was immune to foreign attacks on its soil, now, not immune.

plane if the world hasn't changed since 1939, it hasn't changed since 1869.  But I don't buy that.  It changed a lot, plane, whether you want to admit it or not.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2010, 01:33:35 AM »
<<Yes , people have changed their nature so much in the last seventy years.>>

The world changed, plane, believe it or not.  Seventy years ago it would have been inconceivable that a gang of 20 religious fanatics could bring down the two biggest buildings in New York and kill almost 3,000 people doing it   The oceans shrank.  The U.S. was immune to foreign attacks on its soil, now, not immune.

plane if the world hasn't changed since 1939, it hasn't changed since 1869.  But I don't buy that.  It changed a lot, plane, whether you want to admit it or not.

Hard to beleive that I am talking to the same guy who can't beleive that the American South is not just as racist now as it was in 1865.

The basics of human nature have not changed, Stalin looked weak to Hitler , as it turned out Hitler ws not any stronger himself .

But you might want to tell me that if Stalin was nicer to Hitler or Chaing Ki Sheck was nicer to Tojo, or Hali Selassie was nicer to Mousolini they might never have needed to fight.

Like many other things ,I note ,you understand this backwards.

The weak and thrashing fish leaking blood draw the shark, the limping gazelle attract the lion , the rube attract the conman and the weaker do attract the predacious even when we are talking nations.

Your being nicer idea is interesting , but how is it supposed to work in the days of Jahiad?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2010, 01:58:29 AM »
<<Hard to beleive that I am talking to the same guy who can't beleive that the American South is not just as racist now as it was in 1865.>>

Well, I don't know who you're talking to but I'm not that guy.  The South is still plenty racist but not nearly as it was when I was a kid.   I never said it was just as racist now as then..

<<But you might want to tell me that if Stalin was nicer to Hitler or Chaing Ki Sheck was nicer to Tojo, or Hali Selassie was nicer to Mousolini they might never have needed to fight.>>

No, but I might want to tell you that Iran is not Nazi Germany, Iraq was not Imperial Japan and Afghanistan is not Fascist Italy.

<<Like many other things ,I note ,you understand this backwards.>>

I'll be more polite - - I won't note how YOU understand this.

<<The weak and thrashing fish leaking blood draw the shark, the limping gazelle attract the lion , the rube attract the conman and the weaker do attract the predacious even when we are talking nations.>>

Uh, nice try, but we're not really talking animal instinct here - - I'll assume you were speaking metaphorically.

<<Your being nicer idea is interesting , but how is it supposed to work in the days of Jahiad?>>

You stop enabling those who torture and murder Muslims, steal their land one or two acres at a time and expel them from their homes, because this is what is infuriating young Muslim men and driving them to take up jihad.  Not really all that complicated, is it?  Get the fuck out of Iraq so the Iraqis can settle their own destiny.   How tough is that?