General Category > 3DHS

Judge received death threats

<< < (3/3)

Lanya:

--- Quote from: larry on September 29, 2006, 09:01:29 PM ---Radical fundamentalist are fringe groups and do not represent the policies of established religous practices. I'm getting tired of hearing that line.

--- End quote ---

Who is saying it? Because you're right, it sure is a line. 

Amianthus:

--- Quote from: Michael Tee on September 29, 2006, 08:41:20 PM ---LOL.  You really hadda dig deep down for that one, BT.  Congratulations.  Got anything more recent?

--- End quote ---

EarthFirst?

Any of the other radical environmentalist groups?

Havn't heard of anything linked to PETA yet, but I wouldn't be surprised...

Michael Tee:
<<EarthFirst?

<<Any of the other radical environmentalist groups?

<<Havn't heard of anything linked to PETA yet, but I wouldn't be surprised...>>

Sorry, not buying.  None of the above.  Get back to me when you find something lethal, OK?  (I won't hold my breath)

Amianthus:

--- Quote from: Michael Tee on September 30, 2006, 10:45:33 AM ---Get back to me when you find something lethal, OK?  (I won't hold my breath)

--- End quote ---

Death THREATS, right? That's what we were talking about?

Amianthus:

--- Quote from: Lanya on September 29, 2006, 01:39:03 AM ---http://www.kansas.com/mld/kansas/news/state/15621028.htm

Judge received death threats after ruling on intelligent design
Associated Press

LAWRENCE, Kan. - A judge who struck down a Dover, Penn., school board's decision to teach intelligent design in public schools said he was stunned by the reaction, which included death threats and a week of protection from federal marshals.

Pennsylvania U.S. District Judge John E. Jones III told an audience in Lawrence Tuesday that the case illustrated why judges must issue rulings free of political whims or hopes of receiving a favor.

[.........]

This certainly doesn't surprise me.  After all, "there is nothing new under the sun." ----Ecclesiastes
But it is horribly ironic.

--- End quote ---

I guess I'll have to answer your initial post with "Get back to me when you find something lethal, OK?  (I won't hold my breath)"...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version