Author Topic: Has anyone else noticed...  (Read 10652 times)

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Has anyone else noticed...
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2007, 05:27:17 PM »
THAT'S an answer?  The question was, "where are the FACTS that show us the "lucrative $$$$ contracts" the Chinese, Indians, French, Germans, Russians, Belgians and Canadians all had with Saddam's regime?"  Want to try again?

They are laid in the various court cases, since the news reports that were posted here several years ago are apparently unpersuasive to you.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2007, 07:03:59 PM »
<<They are laid in the various court cases, since the news reports that were posted here several years ago are apparently unpersuasive to you.>>

Bullshit.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2007, 07:05:05 PM »
Bullshit.

No, fact.

But don't let that stop you.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2007, 07:17:15 PM »
<<No, fact.

<<But don't let that stop you.>>

Why on earth should it?  It's not fact, it's bullshit and there's no reason in the world why I would stop calling bullshit bullshit.  Always have and always will.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2007, 07:56:34 PM »
It's not fact, it's bullshit and there's no reason in the world why I would stop calling bullshit bullshit.  Always have and always will.

Funny, I don't see you calling most of your own posts "bullshit."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2007, 08:09:55 PM »
It's not fact, it's bullshit and there's no reason in the world why I would stop calling bullshit bullshit.  Always have and always will.

Funny, I don't see you calling most of your own posts "bullshit."

LOL     :D
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

larry

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2007, 09:43:13 PM »
...that the administration has gone from 'Iran is enriching uranium to make nuclear weapons' to 'Iran is supplying weapons to the insurgents in Iraq', much the same way they went from 'Iraq has WMD's' to 'Iraq has ties to Al Qaeda'? Seems they are very good at coming up with new reasons to convince the American people we should go to war when the old reasons don't pan out.

I hope the American public, and their senators and representatives in Washington, have learned their lesson and set the bar for proof very high before deciding we should go to war in Iran.

Has Iran quit enriching urainium?
Have they stopped testing new Naval wepons?
Is it untrue that the Iranians are provideing arms to death squads in Iraq?

Is all of the negative information comeing from the Bush administration?
Has the Bush administration ever lied to us? (no ...I am serious)

Has the Bush administation even once asked for a war with Iran?

Yes the U.S. did ask for a war with Iran. The U.S. paid Saddam and the Iraq Army to fight that war.

The U.S. double dealing in the Middle East is directly related to the war Bush started with Iraq. Its an epic story, The chapter of George W. Bush is now being written.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2007, 10:38:07 PM »
[qte]Yes the U.S. did ask for a war with Iran. The U.S. paid Saddam and the Iraq Army to fight that war.

[/quote]

But that was earlyer than this administration , which is not asking for an invasion of Iran.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2007, 02:31:58 AM »
where are the FACTS that show us the "lucrative $$$$ contracts" the Chinese, Indians, French, Germans, Russians, Belgians and Canadians all had with Saddam's regime.  Honest to God, I never realized what a veritable United Nations the Iraqi oilpatch was, till I started reading your gar - - uh, I mean, posts.

A) I never referenced ALL countries as involved.  B) If you had noticed, which your ignorance appears to inhibit you from doing, I  highlighted 2 of them, France & Russia, both members of the UN Security Council, both with veto power, only 1 required to torpedo any such resolution that could be pending before the council 

What countries most tried to block the removal of Saddam Hussein?  France and Russia. What countries got the most kickbacks from the oil-for-food scandal?  France and Russia.

Knowing your affinity for books, as an be all in supposedly proving Bush manipulatied intel, Bill Gertz, defense and national security reporter for The Washington Times, in his book "Treachery" has these juicy excerpts. 
- New intelligence revealing how long France continued to supply and arm Saddam Hussein's regime infuriated U.S. officials as the nation prepared for military action against Iraq.  The intelligence reports showing French assistance to Saddam ongoing in the late winter of 2002
- French aid to Iraq goes back decades and includes transfers of advanced conventional arms and components for weapons of mass destruction.
The central figure in these weapons ties is French President Jacques Chirac. His relationship with Saddam dates to 1975, when, as prime minister, the French politician rolled out the red carpet when the Iraqi strongman visited Paris.  By 2000, France had become Iraq's largest supplier of military and dual-use equipment, according to a senior member of Congress who declined to be identified.  Saddam developed networks for illegal supplies to get around the U.N. arms embargo and achieve a military buildup in the years before U.S. forces launched a second assault on Iraq.
- As of 2003, Iraq owed France an estimated $4 billion for arms and infrastructure projects, according to French government estimates.
- In mid-March 2003, U.S. intelligence and defense officials confirmed that exporters in France had conspired with China to provide Iraq with chemicals used in making solid fuel for long-range missiles. The sanctions-busting operation occurred in August 2002, the U.S. National Security Agency discovered through electronic intercepts.

Gertz also goes on to say in an interview given in Oct '04, that "Multipolarity is this idea that you need to have several centers of power in the world, and the fact of the matter is we are it. We're the only superpower in the world today, and they don't like that, and they're (that being France, Russia, and a host of other predominat countries) working against us, and the reason that they're working against us -- that often translates into supporting our enemies, including with arms transfers, ... and it doesn't matter who's right or wrong to the multipolarity view. It's just the point is that stability requires that there be many centers of power."

- Lieutenant General Thomas McInerney, 6/21/06; "I think the fact is that the Russians moved large stocks of weapons of mass destruction out of Baghdad and Iraq in the fall of 2002. We've all heard what General Sada, the Iraqi defector said. He said that they went into three locations in Syria and one location in the Bekaa Valley, and if you get in there and if you found those weapons and found the precursors, the fingerprints would go back to China and France & Russia."  Those weapons were there and they were moved out by the Russians and by the French, by the Chinese, primarily the Russians providing most of the actual manpower and equipment to do it

- China, France & Russia -- learning this from the oil-for-food program investigation -- were all engaged in selling large stockpiles of conventional weapons to Saddam

This is just a tip of googling. And Tee wonders why they didn't act.  Good gravy

<<Actually, because they're [all the intelligence agencies of all the other countries in the world] been reported in various media sources>>

Well, I don't know about you, sirs, but I find it downright heartening that all those intelligence agencies are so open and truthful that they publish their real findings in the world press. 

Poor sarcasm to boot, but I was wondering how long this tactic would take to manifest itself.  usually it's a ploy in implying that a lack of evidence or lack of reporting criminal acts actually validates such acts (when of course it's about the U.S. or Israel), but here, it's the overt effort to claim how since the intelligence agencies don't really tell us everything (which would then place pretty much all their undercover and intel gathering resources at risk, or worse), then what they have told us (Saddam did still posses his WMD stockpiles) can't really be accepted, since they haven't told us everything. 

I realize how you'd love to see American & coalition undercover folks burned alive by Intel agencies devulging everything they know, but personally, I have no problem with them giving us what they do know, and the President everything they know, while still protecting their assets (translated = American & Coalition lives)

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2007, 07:21:27 AM »
What countries most tried to block the removal of Saddam Hussein?  France and Russia. What countries got the most kickbacks from the oil-for-food scandal?  France and Russia.

Actually, France and Germany got the most. Regardless, several countries with veto powers in the UN have been involved.

Here's an article from before the war (with complete attributions for all the pertinent facts at the bottom):

Facts on Who Benefits From Keeping Saddam Hussein In Power

Most of these were brought up in this forum at the time.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2007, 10:49:59 AM »

Actually, France and Germany got the most. Regardless, several countries with veto powers in the UN have been involved.  Here's an article from before the war (with complete attributions for all the pertinent facts at the bottom).  Most of these were brought up in this forum at the time.

Ahhh, thanks for the heads-up, Ami.  Of course these facts aren't really facts, right Tee?  I'm sure Tee can rationalize all this nicely, in order to maintain the template of how Bush is evil, American military is evil, & UN a noble organization
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 11:46:11 AM by sirs »

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2007, 11:35:03 AM »
Interesting how this scandal makes the entire UN a corrupt organisation, yet the administration relied heavily on UN resolutions to go to war.

The UN has problems for sure, but they are not beyond redemption. They remain a great vestige of hope for the collective wisdom of the body of the world's nations.
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2007, 12:49:55 PM »
<<Funny, I don't see you calling most of your own posts "bullshit.">>

That's because they're not.  I called YOUR answer to my challenge "bullshit" because that's exactly what it was.   And it's still bullshit.  So's your attempt to change the subject, BTW.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2007, 01:10:51 PM »
<<Of course these facts aren't really facts, right Tee?>>

No, they're facts, but they're not the whole story.  They're cherry-picked to deliberately mislead.  The issue is the justification for the war on Iraq.  Iraq may have been arming itself.  In retrospect, that seems like a wise decision.  The better armed a nation is, the better able to fight off U.S. aggression.  Arming oneself in a world dominated by one superpower dedicated to imposing its will on the entire planet is not a crime.

France armed Iraq.  The article claims Russia and China armed Iraq.  The article claims India armed Iraq.  Ami claims Germany armed Iraq.  The technique of the lie and the half-truth is perfectly illustrated in these accounts.  I haven't had the time to read the link that Ami posted (thank you. Ami) but what I expect ot find is this:  exquisite detail about the French contracts, amounts, etc.  For the others, little more than bald statements that they also provided weapons or raw materials, no dollar amounts provided, or no comparisons with the dollar amounts provided by the U.S.A.; no indication if the providers were legitimate businesses legally operating or criminal operations flying under the radar of their government's boycott-enforcement personnel (this is important because it couldn't possibly explain a governmental refusal to back the American position if the weapons providers were criminals)

The right-wing fascists and militarists who now control the U.S. government specialize in this kind of BS.   Facts but not all the facts.  Bullshit that attempts to prove what common sense knows could not possibly be true: that Iraq was not and never could be a threat to the U.S.  That Saddam, who backed off from every military confrontation with the U.S. would have attacked it with WMD, guaranteeing his own and his country's anihilation.  Iraq was getting weapons.  So fucking what?  Every fucking country in that region and around the world not in favour with the U.S. wants to have powerful weapons.  NEEDS to have powerful weapons.  Israel has hundreds of nukes and operates completely outside the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty.  Pakistan and India have nukes.  Whatever your book proves, it does not and cannot provide a valid reason justifying the flagrant breach of the U.N. Charter that was the invasion of Iraq.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2007, 01:43:04 PM »
I haven't had the time to read the link that Ami posted (thank you. Ami) but what I expect ot find is this:  exquisite detail about the French contracts, amounts, etc.  For the others, little more than bald statements that they also provided weapons or raw materials, no dollar amounts provided, or no comparisons with the dollar amounts provided by the U.S.A.; no indication if the providers were legitimate businesses legally operating or criminal operations flying under the radar of their government's boycott-enforcement personnel (this is important because it couldn't possibly explain a governmental refusal to back the American position if the weapons providers were criminals)

And you're wrong, yet again.